Quantcast

Jump Jam in East S.D***X Post from D.H forum***

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
On Saturday January 8th, all are welcome to the peoples contest. The makers of LBR and the new 2-6 stallions are hosting a jump jam in Pine Valley Ca. (east of San Diego) Take I-8 east to the Pine Valley ext and follow the signs we will have posted. top pros attending will be, Chris Powell, Kyle Strait, Cameron Zink, Kirt Vories, and the one and only SVEN MARTIN!!!! Everyone who can the terrain is allowed to. Bring a friend, tell a friend, come one come all. Prizes, beer, and chicks all at the bike binge. coverage will be in decline magazine, beer provided by stone brewing co. I forgot to mention that everyone is supposed to ride and not just ask Kyle for autographs. For further information email me (the griz) fooliusjulius@yahoo.com
Everyone should come out and hang, it should be an extremely fun day of riding and chillin.

-ALF

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
weman788 said:
Did Alfonso Garcia really post this? I want him to sign my butt cheeck cause I hear that guy is pro!! I'm deffinetly coming out there biATCH!!!
I'm flattered, I think. It's cool that you guys are all coming out, you bringing Big J? Tell all the O.C homies to come down as well: Mikey, Andrew, Sam :rolleyes: .

-ALF

Hey Alf,
Since this place is basically in a residential neighborhood where are everyone going to park without pissing off the neighbors?
I'm just asking cuz it would suck to lose this place due to unnecesary static.

Me being in KeyWest florida means i'm out but i still care you know. :)

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
LOOnatic said:
Hey Alf,
Since this place is basically in a residential neighborhood where are everyone going to park without pissing off the neighbors?
I'm just asking cuz it would suck to lose this place due to unnecesary static.

Me being in KeyWest florida means i'm out but i still care you know. :)
Hey Looooooooooo,
That's a good question, I'm going to Email the "organizer" and ask him where we should all park and what time we should all get there. Thanks for caring :evil:

-ALF

weman788

Chimp
May 15, 2004
SJCx3, So Cal
I hope I can get Kyle Straits autograph, He's my hero!! :love: Also getting Alfonso's autograph would make my day. I hear the jumps are big too, should I bring both bikes? And alf, how the hell are we getting there? I asked my brother last night if he knows where this place is and he said he aint gatta clue. I invited Lisa Sher if that's aiiight, she will need directions also.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
weman788 said:
I hope I can get Kyle Straits autograph, He's my hero!! :love: Also getting Alfonso's autograph would make my day. I hear the jumps are big too, should I bring both bikes? And alf, how the hell are we getting there? I asked my brother last night if he knows where this place is and he said he aint gatta clue. I invited Lisa Sher if that's aiiight, she will need directions also.
Duuuuuuuuuude, check out the original post on this thread, there's rough directions. From the "O.C", South on 5, east on 8 Untill you get to the Pine Valley exit, almost to Sagebrush :dead: there should be signs posted. I can meet you guys somewhere and we can caravan out or somethin. Dont worry, we'll figure something out. Bring your Hardtail and DH bikes, you will not need the BMXican bike.

-ALF

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
Capistrano Beach in the OC
Fonzie18 said:
I'm flattered, I think. It's cool that you guys are all coming out, you bringing Big J?

-ALF
YA!? I've been driving them way to much, I don't think my baja truck would make it there anyways. Wes kinda gets jealous of it, so we should probably take his pimpin van. :p

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Man my plan was to take the new civic out there, I realy dont wanna take the van, but i guess i could take a few more people and thats more for gas money

weman788

Chimp
May 15, 2004
SJCx3, So Cal
MMMMM hot chicks it says? I like them :) Alfonso, maybe we can meet at like Ted Williams, ride for like 30 mins. then go to Bear Cat to warm up ( Gotta show all the pro's up) and then we will head out there. That is if it aint raining or snowing out there!!!! The weather Faggs are saying that its snowing their now, but you know them, they can predict when the world is going to end! Is that little midget Indian going out there?

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
How about warming up with a little trail work on Noble before hitting the jumps! We'll be working within a quick ride's distance. Tools provided!

1. NOBLE CANYON TRAIL WORK - SATURDAY, JANUARY 8

Join SDMBA for trailwork on the lower part of Noble Canyon in the
Laguna Mountains. Meet at 9 am at the lower trailhead in Pine Valley.
After a brief safety meeting we will hike in to the trail work
location.

As usual, bring sturdy shoes, a hat, gardening gloves, eye
protection, water and a snack. It may be cold so dress appropriately.

From San Diego: Take I-8 East to Pine Valley Exit, left on Old Hwy 80
and right on Pine Creek Road. Go straight at the first junction and
enter the trailhead parking lot on the right.

Please RSVP to mark@sdmba.com.

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Stab Primo said:
I know you don't mean that seriously, but after what happened with Big Bear and "other" areas, how would you feel if the USFS closed Noble Canyon to bikes? The trail work that the mtb community performs, over 200 hours last year, is extremely important these days. What has been gained from our efforts so far;
Noble Canyon's status will remain as multi-use (we came close to losing that!), a much improved identity with the USFS Descanso District and this year an increase of trail access in the Laguna Recreation Area.

So you can either stay home, and I say this to everyone not just you, and risk losing more places to ride your bike or you can help ensure you have a place to ride by helping out with some trail work. :thumb:

mark@sdmba.com

weman788

Chimp
May 15, 2004
SJCx3, So Cal
Whatta fat piece of shi johnny. You should respect others and their trying to work on the trails. We all know you dont go out anywhere just to build. Your too lazy! Whatever.

weman788

Chimp
May 15, 2004
SJCx3, So Cal
Roomers are is that this contest is NEXT weekend. Ethan said he talked to the guys at the bike shop and they said so. I'm not surprised cause its snowing there, but I think I might still be going out there, rain, no rain, snow, no snow, dirt jam, no dirt jam, I'm going!!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
weman788 said:
Roomers are is that this contest is NEXT weekend. Ethan said he talked to the guys at the bike shop and they said so. I'm not surprised cause its snowing there, but I think I might still be going out there, rain, no rain, snow, no snow, dirt jam, no dirt jam, I'm going!!
The RUMORS appear to be valid. I was heading up to the site this morning when I got a call from the would-be host. He informed me that the jumps were under snow and he thinks that the conditions will only be worse after the storm that is due to hit Friday leaves it's precipitation. Anyway, stand by I will get more info soon.

-aLF

BullittX

Monkey
Dec 6, 2002
Hell Cajon, CA.
Fonzie18 said:
The RUMORS appear to be valid. I was heading up to the site this morning when I got a call from the would-be host. He informed me that the jumps were under snow and he thinks that the conditions will only be worse after the storm that is due to hit Friday leaves it's precipitation. Anyway, stand by I will get more info soon.

-aLF
The trailwork at Noble Canyon is still on, rain or shine! :D

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
weman788 said:
Whatta fat piece of shi johnny. You should respect others and their trying to work on the trails. We all know you dont go out anywhere just to build. Your too lazy! Whatever.
You know that I build more than you anywhere we go, just because I don't build what you want done doesn't mean I'm not digging. It seems that I hear that phrase everytime we go riding at a place for more than 5 minutes, "I'm over this place". Hey, do you think if I hit Brian on top of the head with a stick, he will turn into gold coins? Bwaahahaha! :nuts: :D

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Alf says that the jam is canceled and it will be the next friday, so that would be like the 15th. Its the sat. that fontana practice will be on, I think my and my bro will head out to the jam on sat. and then fontana sunday!

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Stab Primo said:
You know that I build more than you anywhere we go, just because I don't build what you want done doesn't mean I'm not digging. It seems that I hear that phrase everytime we go riding at a place for more than 5 minutes, "I'm over this place". Hey, do you think if I hit Brian on top of the head with a stick, he will turn into gold coins? Bwaahahaha! :nuts: :D
OSNAP!
I can't wait to hear his response. :blah:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Stab Primo said:
Yeah johnny that burm at the end of the oakley jumps is HUGE!! Where else do you build? I dont see anything!

Stab Primo

Chimp
Oct 17, 2004
merrrrjig said:
Yeah johnny that burm at the end of the oakley jumps is HUGE!! Where else do you build? I dont see anything!
Landing to the step up when it was big, lip on hip, landing on hip, everything at the Wall. The secret 4x course that's huge! What have you built lately Wes? You wouldn't build something you wouldn't jump, right?

Gimper4JC

Chimp
Jan 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
BullittX said:
The trailwork at Noble Canyon is still on, rain or shine! :D
Wow! Really? We have a group of 5-7 guys who have committed to help with this trail work and we would like to join you more often. We were ready to show up on Sat. But with the coming storm today I can imagine it will be very wet, muddy, snowy, etc. I doubt if they will show.

Help us understand doing trail work in the mud?