Quantcast

Killer Weekend @ Massanutten

What a killer weekend at the hill. It was great to see everyone, and that we all got to come home in one piece. I personally am in a complete state of bafflefication that I moved up from BM40+ to SM40+ and was able to pull 2nd out of my crack. It must of been that case of Red Bull that I drank. I got some pic's at the bottom of the rock garden. I post after I figure out who's who.

LATER!!!!!

Mattoid

Monkey
Aug 3, 2003
Charlottesville, Virginia
I was in harrisonburg all afternoon on my way back from Radford and i wanted to go sooo badly. However i had to do stuff concerning my freind's sister's graduation. I waved like crazy at a pick up truck with 2 foes DH monos w/ dorados, a pick up truck with an intense M1 and a blue v10 w/ 888 and an SUV with a specialized DH bike with white boxxers along with 2 other bikes that i cant recal... i was in an expedition pulling a trailer, did anybody see me? Its great to hear the event was a succes!

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
It was reported in VeloNews that the Mass DH was the first time ever in the history of Mid-Atlantic DH racing that there was no rain.

I just realized that my entire weekend of "bike riding" consists of 4'2" on the bike (no practice runs). :mad: :cool:

vogey40

Monkey
Jan 23, 2004
Puyallup WA
HI. Could you guys give me directions? And when can you ride there? I just got me scream and really want to ride it. If not a mass then where would be the best place to go?

Jan 7, 2004
D.C. area
What a wonderful event! I had such a good time. People were so supportive... such comraderie, ahhhhhh, it gives me the warm fuzzies. I've never been around so many positive, nice people at once! Racing rocks! Congrats to everyone!
:thumb:

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
had a blast with everyone,and hope everyone had a safe trip home!!! i had a great time even though i was de-throwned by my good friend dink. but remember i did have a cast on,and haven't been on my bike in months. so there are my excuses!!! NEXT RACE THE US OPEN. dink,your a$$ is mine!!!!

banche

Monkey
Jul 21, 2003
BANNED FOR LIFE
who the hell is kalan burch. i thought his name was kalan banche,or is it kalan bunch. one of these years they'll get my name right/. MILBY KISS MY A$$

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Definitely a killer weekend. Props to Kalan for letting us stay at his place Friday night! Got to meet a ton of monkeys (Stoneysnake, Big Mike, Chop, Vegi, ...........the list goes on and on). Course was pretty cool, not technical, but definitely a good beginner to the season.........fast and fun. No rain, but that probably means it will rain at every other race now. My race run was mediocre....many mistakes, hip-checked a few trees, slow in some spots, and I just came out to slow cause I knew I would probably blow-up by the end of the course. It's all things I can easily correct, but at least I didn't finish dead last!

Oct 26, 2001
God Hole NC
Originally posted by BURCH
who the hell is kalan burch. i thought his name was kalan banche,or is it kalan bunch. one of these years they'll get my name right/. MILBY KISS MY A$$

BURCH!!!!

BTW, I am taking all of you at snowshoe!:devil:

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
PFFFFTTTT - Burch, just be glad I wasn't there to kick your ass!!!!!

Love,
tammy :cool:

P.S. By the way, I WON my race this weekend, big boy! :p

P.S.S. I did miss seeing all you guys this weekend - glad to hear things apparently went well. ;) :)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
whoa, what is Milby doing poaching the Vet Class...he's Semi-Pro right???

And I wish like hell you guys had taken a photo of the Pro Results....they gave 2 guys with no time bogus results all of a sudden out of nowhere on the results sheet they sent me.

Animal Mother

Monkey
Nov 26, 2003
Northern VA
Originally posted by bizutch
DUDE I am so pissed...look at the first page....1-9 photos in pro class are snapped. then 11-whatever. He skipped me! Ironic...I'm trying to laugh b ut hte glory hound in me is brooding!
dude same thing happend to me! :angry: got 81 got 83... where the **** is 82!! oh well, next time... ;)

RDU

Chimp
Apr 6, 2002
RDU
DUDE I am so pissed...look at the first page....1-9 photos in pro class are snapped. then 11-whatever. He skipped me! Ironic...I'm trying to laugh b ut hte glory hound in me is brooding!
Join the club....although I'm kinda glad they didn't get me eatin' dirt 3 times;)

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by SPUTNECK
located here:

www.gravitypilot.net/results.html

look at the "link" under the pics catagory, there are about 70 additional shots at various stages...also, I'll be posting up some videos as soon as they are down rez'd for the web delivery.
hey, was it you i was talking to for a while by the last rock garden? about, among other things, tire pressure and the fact that your son was running 18lbs on his bike?

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by kirstin
hey, was it you i was talking to for a while by the last rock garden? about, among other things, tire pressure and the fact that your son was running 18lbs on his bike?
I believe that was my friend Mark Richard. He mentioned a conversation with you about that. He's a bit older fellow with a goatee. His son Jordan races on a black Ellsworth Dare and runs about 18-20 psi in his tires.

These guys?

Mike

SPUTNECK

Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Raleigh, NC
boo hoo....still no glory photo of me.
hey, Butch, what was your bib number? I think I got you on video and not as a still. I managed to get a couple of SEI guys in the rock graden and on the fire road on Friday's practice...gimme a bit and I can put it over to DVD and just give it or mail it to you.

Bill.

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Dartman
I believe that was my friend Mark Richard. He mentioned a conversation with you about that. He's a bit older fellow with a goatee. His son Jordan races on a black Ellsworth Dare and runs about 18-20 psi in his tires.

These guys?

Mike
yep, that would be him. were you the other guy there?

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Originally posted by SPUTNECK
hey, Butch, what was your bib number? I think I got you on video and not as a still. I managed to get a couple of SEI guys in the rock graden and on the fire road on Friday's practice...gimme a bit and I can put it over to DVD and just give it or mail it to you.

Bill.
I was #10 in Pro/Semi-Pro class. They were kind enough to write "Pro" on my # plate so I tried to stay with my bike all day to workt he ego up to a frenzy.:devil:

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
Originally posted by kirstin
yep, that would be him. were you the other guy there?
No I wasn't there. Mark was making me feel guilty for missing it by recounting every minute he was there. Including your conversation.

Mike

kirstin

Monkey
Mar 24, 2004
DC
Originally posted by Dartman
No I wasn't there. Mark was making me feel guilty for missing it by recounting every minute he was there. Including your conversation.

Mike
hehehe. cause, you know, talking about tire pressure is so... exciting. yes.

Hey Hulk who is the guy back there in the Dirt Works jersey.... I remeber him racing when he was really young up at the Snowshoe Mountain Bike Challenge races (way back in 96 i think)... they used to call him Baby Swiss i think.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by caboverpete
Hey Hulk who is the guy back there in the Dirt Works jersey.... I remeber him racing when he was really young up at the Snowshoe Mountain Bike Challenge races (way back in 96 i think)... they used to call him Baby Swiss i think.
That would be McDouche :D

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Originally posted by caboverpete
That's Mikey Valach. He's racing for Dirt Works/Land Rover this season, just the team doesn't have their new jersey's or bikes just yet. As you see, he now has many nicknames.......$wiss, Valdouche (a classic courtesy of Kalan!), Valach-a-snatch-a-sauras, etc! He's a cool cat, definitely a ripper on the bike.