Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Spent a few hours in the evening every day last week helping a former manager interview for 2nd shift manufacturing engineers. No real good candidates. Frustratingly everyone else prefers the two people who have the decent experience but demonstrated shitty communication skills, inability to complete tasks and a propensity to blame others.

I would prefer to go in the direction of get someone who is smart and will work hard. I am recommending a kid who has like 10 patents and has worked two full time jobs. I had to explain the definition of grit to everyone but they didn't seem to get it. Probably because they don't possess it.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I love getting contacted by recruiters that want me to relocate to Gary, IN on my own dime to fill a 3rd shift warehouse associate role for $13/hr. OKAY. Where do I sign me up?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I love getting contacted by recruiters that want me to relocate to Gary, IN on my own dime to fill a 3rd shift warehouse associate role for $13/hr. OKAY. Where do I sign me up?

How about someone who wants you to take a large pay cut to take a job where they want to you do the work of a higher pay grade and promise to try to get you a promotion ASAP as a personal favor?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
You want to know the sad thing?

Financially it might make sense...

:homer:
I mean, @Adventurous did say they have a lot of work to do on the new house.

Edit: Good lord, skimming the Zillow listings is :fie:

Last edited:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I mean, @Adventurous did say they have a lot of work to do on the new house.
I mean... I was kidding... but... maybe not?

It's apparently true what they say about location. :homer:

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
How about someone who wants you to take a large pay cut to take a job where they want to you do the work of a higher pay grade and promise to try to get you a promotion ASAP as a personal favor?
I like when they get mad at you for not taking their shitty job. Dude, you called me, calm your tits.

Then again, my last 3 jobs have involved a cold-call from a recruiter, so maybe their not totally wrong.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like when they get mad at you for not taking their shitty job. Dude, you called me, calm your tits.

Then again, my last 3 jobs have involved a cold-call from a recruiter, so maybe their not totally wrong.

I interviewed with a company via a recruiter once. They wanted to extend me an offer and asked my minimum salary requirements. I gave them my minimal acceptable salary. They offered $5K less, I declined the offer. The recruiter became irate and was yelling and screaming at me over the phone. I calmly gave a detailed description of what the word "minimum" meant and it's context in boolean logic.