Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Girlfriend and I tested positive for teh covid this morning.

Man I am so done with this headache. It's been raging for 4 days now.:s
That sucks. I hope you both feel better soon.
Watch for the fever, and for the fatigue to set in. Be ready to maybe be VERY tired, all of the time, for a while.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Awkward morning meeting is awkward when the organizer forgets to attend and the manager who was 5 minutes late stumbles through it based on what he remembers before the holiday break. Made even more awkward by the 5 minutes of audio silence because this team doesn't interact. It's awesome.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
We spend 5 freedum tokens every now and then on the hope of early retirement, $2 for a mega, $2 for a power and a dollar scratch to give that instant gratification.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We spend 5 freedum tokens every now and then on the hope of early retirement, $2 for a mega, $2 for a power and a dollar scratch to give that instant gratification.
I hate to acknowledge it, but I do as well. My FTS meter is at redline and I only need $2.5mm net to bounce ($110k gross/yr with 4% post-inflation annual growth rate) and have money to last until 100. And that's not even considering the existing money stashed in retirement and college accounts.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Did a quick 3D of the soon to be built pantry.

Now food and a little fartbike ride with the girls later. #thesimplelife

PANTRY.png

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Woke up with URI cooties. Working remotely from on-campus office building (remote to the reading room with other people--this is just me). Figuring out if I can get COVID tested before Friday as I currently have booked.
Turns out Employee Health can authorize same day testing. Should get results today after sitting through the very long drive-through line on campus. I think it's this assay as my requisition sticker said "FLUVID"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I hate to acknowledge it, but I do as well. My FTS meter is at redline and I only need $2.5mm net to bounce ($110k gross/yr with 4% post-inflation annual growth rate) and have money to last until 100. And that's not even considering the existing money stashed in retirement and college accounts.
IMO, you should just drastically cut your standard of living and bounce now.

Oh, wait.

Kids.

:D

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
At least route it through a 529 plan (if any kids are left in CO schools).
Why does the state matter here? I thought it only mattered in terms of Shared Skittles claiming the CO income tax deduction when he contributed to said CO 529 plans back in the Reagan era

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I don't buy the scratches, but I have won on ones I've been given. I could see going Earl with a $100k :rofl:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
At least route it through a 529 plan (if any kids are left in CO schools).
Why does the state matter here? I thought it only mattered in terms of Shared Skittles claiming the CO income tax deduction when he contributed to said CO 529 plans back in the Reagan era
Calm your tits, gents... of course it's all going through a 529. Looks like the eldest kid's 529 will run out just about the time he finishes. The middle kid I think I'll need to "route" some cash into the 529 to get him through.

The youngest may be fucked. :D

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First two shots did nothing to me, aside from a mildly sore arm. Third one has got me laid out flat, tired, nauseous and mildly feverish. Hope it doesn't last any longer than a day - wife is not happy that I'm useless with both boys at home...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First two shots did nothing to me, aside from a mildly sore arm. Third one has got me laid out flat, tired, nauseous and mildly feverish. Hope it doesn't last any longer than a day - wife is not happy that I'm useless with both boys at home...
How magnetic are you?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I don't buy the scratches, but I have won on ones I've been given. I could see going Earl with a $100k :rofl:
My buddy just won 500 on a scratch ticket and turned around and hit his 777 numbers the same day for another 600 bucks. LOL I pause to wonder how much he has spent to get these meager winnings.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
That sucks. I hope you both feel better soon.
Watch for the fever, and for the fatigue to set in. Be ready to maybe be VERY tired, all of the time, for a while.
Cheers :)

I've been sleeping on and off basically since new years day. Not sure if fatigue or because of the headache I've had since then.

On the plus side I haven't had any coffee or beer since last year. Woo.

Girlfriend has the worse symptoms, stuffed chest, nose, cough etc.

Kind of wishing I had gone grocery shopping last week now...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
who was the governing body behind the tests?
Governing body? This was through UCHealth, my employer. They run their own labs, and symptomatic employees with shifts scheduled (that'd be me as of this morning) get a slot on their super quick turnaround platform, the Cepheid system that ran my swab.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My buddy just won 500 on a scratch ticket and turned around and hit his 777 numbers the same day for another 600 bucks. LOL I pause to wonder how much he has spent to get these meager winnings.
There was a dude in school that used to park it at the video poker machine at the bar. You always heard about the times he hit $200 or more, but he never talked about how much he spent to get there.

I toss $5 on a quick pick about once a month when it's above $6mm, I need at least $3mm to retire and those damn taxes.

Maybe I should use my bottle drop account for lottery. That's like $12/month right there. :rofl:

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Cheers :)

I've been sleeping on and off basically since new years day. Not sure if fatigue or because of the headache I've had since then.

On the plus side I haven't had any coffee or beer since last year. Woo.

Girlfriend has the worse symptoms, stuffed chest, nose, cough etc.

Kind of wishing I had gone grocery shopping last week now...
Hope you and the GF feel better soon!

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
There was a dude in school that used to park it at the video poker machine at the bar. You always heard about the times he hit $200 or more, but he never talked about how much he spent to get there.

I toss $5 on a quick pick about once a month when it's above $6mm, I need at least $3mm to retire and those damn taxes.

Maybe I should use my bottle drop account for lottery. That's like $12/month right there. :rofl:
When the powerball gets over $600m I figure it’s a worthwhile $2 spent. Granted I think I’ve only bought maybe 3 tickets. But you never know.