Quantcast

***Le Tuesderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
As you well know, my wife's earning potential is in line with cost of daycare. Almost 1-to-1. Hence why she will be a SAHM til wee one is in school.

Wonder which MLM she's going to get involved with?
Meanwhile my wife went back to work recently. Recall that she has an undergrad degree in music education and a masters in clarinet performance from $$$ NYU.

Anyway, with that she's making $16.30/hr as a paraprofessional (aka teacher's aide) through Denver Public Schools. At least it's at the kids' school so their transportation isn't a problem. In addition to making less than we pay for child care it also makes my scheduling of ski days more problematic.

I'm not such a fan of this, but what can ya do

(100% of her meager paychecks is going to her tax-deferred account. Makes 0 sense to do otherwise since it wouldn't impact our finances really to get that money + it'd be taxed at my marginal rate. The other bit is that we already were paying for 3 days per week preschool for kiddo 3 for her development and because my wife is spoiled, so the marginal cost for two more days isn't that much.)

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In October, I asked Verizon to delete Hilarie's account. Noticed charges on credit card statement again today, spent too much time on hold, was informed that they'll try again and refund me one month (!) of fees. :rant:
Thats bologna.

Hopefully they don't waste your time again and delay, cancel and then send you a late fee because of it or something ABSOLUTELY stupid like that.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My friend Ange has a Bear tent with a stove. He has been camping in a secluded spot in the park. I cannot fully explain what a Bear tent is. As I don't know. It is primitive and built well. It doesn't come with a stove. But a stove is made for this tent specifically. It works (the stove) well but does not last all night because it is small. You can cook on it. I am worried about him. So is his mom. It gets cold here. I brought him my solar heater. Hiked the shit out there and everything. He didn't want it. I hiked it back to my car. Got a parking ticket for my efforts. Snow is deep and icy here. It was quite the effort.