Quantcast

Les Gets 2021

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Pidcock = XC monster.

Broken collarbone a few weeks ago. Was running 4th in the short track today, touched wheels and had a crash that could have fucked his cb again. Dropped to near last and then fought his way back up to 15th'ish in the remaining 8 minutes.
Would love to see him try a hand at a DH race, says he’s keen

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yeah, he’s a wild man. Seems like it started getting shitty right around his run.
I think the main difference is probably the puddle wasn't there when he was riding or it wasn't as big since people after him started losing 2-3s to him in that section
I'll be curious to hear the post-race interviews and see the sector analysis. Looking at the times (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-from-the-les-gets-dh-world-cup-2021.html), it seems the riders that started early, and those that started late were similarly slow (speaking in relative terms of course!) in sectors one and two... The only person to go quicker than him in any sector seems to have been Joe Breeden. I wonder how much the weather really impacted the result... he was simply fast as...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'll be curious to hear the post-race interviews and see the sector analysis. Looking at the times (https://www.pinkbike.com/news/final-results-from-the-les-gets-dh-world-cup-2021.html), it seems the riders that started early, and those that started late were similarly slow (speaking in relative terms of course!) in sectors one and two... The only person to go quicker than him in any sector seems to have been Joe Breeden. I wonder how much the weather really impacted the result... he was simply fast as...
You miss one thing. The guys who started early lost like 1-2s to him. The guys who started late lost 3-7s.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Course looked great, camera coverage was awesome but rain races where the track turns to shit halfway suck. Not to take away from Daprella, he killed in bad conditions. Probably safe to say he was concussed and probably didn't realize what was going on.

Also, Tracy would make for a great Muppet character.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I think the course held up well in the rain. It didnt detract from making it awesome to watch and the riders were insane to cope with it. I just wish it was same conditions for all the men. It kinda sucked once you realized none of the affected riders were going to crack Duprela's time. They all seemed to be up to 15secs off by the end of their runs. Awesome viewing but didnt have the same buzz where they were coming in within seconds and making for a competative race. Was mental to watch and there really was some incredible riding going down. Maybe the message is clear now, everyone wants tracks like this in the series. Big up to the local build crew.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
question a buddy asked...did they all hit the problematic road gap? or did the powers that be eliminate it? it's nowhere in the footage and no one talked about it...

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
question a buddy asked...did they all hit the problematic road gap? or did the powers that be eliminate it? it's nowhere in the footage and no one talked about it...
Post race interviews Myriam said she hit it so I assume a couple others did as well. I'm surprised they didn't have more crash mats and things around it hey. It looked mega-tricky to get right.

Didn't Rachel Atherton do her achilles on some huck to flat feature at Les Gets as well? Marine and Nina both taken out by it. Although by the sounds Nina was trying to roll down the face off it, not jump it when she crashed.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Although by the sounds Nina was trying to roll down the face off it, not jump it when she crashed.
Like most of the women. Mille could be seen dropping slowly into the grass slope behind the drop, then roll over the road and hop into the downslope in one of the Vital RAW videos. Besides Nicole and Seagrave most other fast women were doing this.
But I hated the Warner and Tracey BS "I wonder where they lost these 7 seconds in the first sector". You know, they did not hit the road gap.

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Nah, Gwin was also slow on other tracks, don't blame the Kenda's. :D
I hate to say it but he's never looked like the old Gwinn on the Intense. Similar to when he went to specialized.
Plus these young guns are insane, Thibault Daprellas run was nuts, he was so committed and he made it look so smooth. That kid is going to be a force.
Reece Wilson also made me a fan with that performance.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I hate to say it but he's never looked like the old Gwinn on the Intense. Similar to when he went to specialized.
Plus these young guns are insane, Thibault Daprellas run was nuts, he was so committed and he made it look so smooth. That kid is going to be a force.
Looking at his Instagram Gwin simply got a little bit more Chill than he used to be. Maybe it's covid, maybe it's marriage but the dude seems to be enjoying himself more and he should. He is a legend and doesn't need to prove shit to anyone.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
I've really turned into a Bernard Kerr fan. His Youtube vids are fucken great - dude doesn't hold back on what he really thinks and his race run at Les Gets was one of the best. Wild.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
I've really turned into a Bernard Kerr fan. His Youtube vids are fucken great - dude doesn't hold back on what he really thinks and his race run at Les Gets was one of the best. Wild.
I always liked his riding but his LSD shows just how genuinly he enjoys bikes, MX and Lada-men. Top bloke! :thumb:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
@buckoW best be there to rally the crowd up

I've filled the fridge with barley sandwiches and am counting down till the women drop in. I have NFI how time zones work so I'm assuming Americans are watching the race midday last tuesday and Kiwis already know the results. Either way I hope some of you fine gentlemen (lol ahem) are gonna be watching live to join in.

Also, watching all the track previews, quali vids etc, I'm theorising that tyre technology is going to decide this event waaay more than a lot of WCs. I'd hate to be running sub-par shoes on that track from what I've seen. Race Only compounds would be selling at firstborn prices right now in Les Gets.

*edit* also Noga Korem qualifying on dual 27.5 wheels is worthy of a cheer. legend.
Doods! That was so good! Next year y’all got to get out here.

I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago getting my jersey stuck in my bars so I was hobbling around a bit. I showed Jack my crash.

Dean showing up in style on race day with Sweet Caroline blasting on a Gold Wing!
I think we won the pit vehicle championships with the Unimog, Land Cruiser and Gold Wing combo.

6B537991-A810-4094-9DDA-91419E5A74A7.png

2E4ED3B5-7438-4053-B73F-327F3B51E41D.jpeg
4ECC5361-6FB7-46BD-9740-A813CCB3B905.jpeg

Marine is a tough one!

9C8276AC-7C46-4140-9E8D-8B3E03BFEFD0.jpeg

One for @iRider
E2BDFD77-B643-427F-A864-A20BED9ACB2B.jpeg

what a race!

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Doods! That was so good! Next year y’all got to get out here.

I sprained my ankle a couple weeks ago getting my jersey stuck in my bars so I was hobbling around a bit. I showed Jack my crash.

Dean showing up in style on race day with Sweet Caroline blasting on a Gold Wing!
I think we won the pit vehicle championships with the Unimog, Land Cruiser and Gold Wing combo.

View attachment 161900

View attachment 161895View attachment 161901

Marine is a tough one!

View attachment 161896

One for @iRider
View attachment 161899

what a race!
I haven't seen any updates on the state of Marine's health... What happened to her in the end? It doesn't look like there are any casts in that photo of her...

This is next year's Worlds course, correct? hmmmm....

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
The Full Attack guys posted a "post-mortem" of the race (en français):

Essentially they say that the course was very well received by the riders, but there's some "improvements" that could be made to "certain jumps" (while showing footage of the road gap). I think this also applies to Reece's creek gap, and Andreas Kolb's wooden bridge...

Happymtb.fr

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2016
SWE
I haven't seen any updates on the state of Marine's health... What happened to her in the end? It doesn't look like there are any casts in that photo of her...
She apparently had so big hematoma in her legs that it was really painful to just stand from what I read on the french forum

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Sounds like Reece had a special line at the creek gap that was scary fast. Bernhard Kerr just talked to other riders about it in his race day LSD (at about 9:30).

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Sounds like Reece had a special line at the creek gap that was scary fast. Bernhard Kerr just talked to other riders about it in his race day LSD (at about 9:30).
the line Bernard is on about is at 8:14 where he cuts right to get a straighter line over the roots tight to the next tree on the left then really close to the pole on the right giving a straighter run in and way moar speed down to the jump. Bernard said it was so fast he he had to drag the brakes and you can see he still clears it easily. Reece said post race he didn't brake enough before it and we all know how that went

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland

This is next year's Worlds course, correct? hmmmm....
She got X-rays and has huge hematomas on her right thigh and a swollen knee on the other side. Walking on her crutches was tough. Her right thigh swole up to 2x bigger than normal. It looks so painful but she didn’t complain much at all. It reminded me of getting a hip check in hockey when the whole thigh muscle gets bruised, if any of you have ever had that.