Quantcast

Lets see your NW Beauty

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
wow your a fellow everett'er and i dont know you. hmm.

single tracks on a demo! wow.
Off 128th up from Home Depot.

The wheels were built to meet specific criteria of my own. They are welded single tracks, wheelsmith spokes, 36 hole laced and tensioned by me to a rear Ringle and front Diatech hubs. They are fine for my riding style and I am not a hucker. They have performed well at Whistler, Mt. Hood and a few other places like __ and __ and__ . Most of the time this year has been spent on the FXR though.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
it doesnt matter what bike he has, it's all about the rider
Exactly. most people run 8" rotors, I'm thinking about running a 7" front 6" rear. If you're smooth you can ride much lighter stuff. I run alloy nipples too, and have no problems, where alot of people would have distroyed my wheels in only one ride. True, I'm alot lighter that most, but it's all about the rider. Light stuff can work just fine, it just depends on for how long, or how smooth you are.

Apr 28, 2006
Kirkland, WA
change in plans, this is going to be what i'm riding now. just put it together last night. the sunday, 5th, funn stem, and a white boxxer team is for sale now by the way.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
You sold a sunday for a demo? Hmm.. See i think I would go the other way with mine.

kona-ryder

Monkey
Jul 18, 2006
Above you on the podium.
Here is the only pic that I have of my beast. My dig is broken right now. At least you get a full frontal veiw of the beautiful Boxxer!
Here are the specs:
Frame: 2004 Kona Stinky
Fork: 2005 Boxxer Race with Team Compression Sleeve **Uprgrade**
Rear shock: Fox Shock Coil Vanilla (Soon to be a DHX)
Tires: Nokain NBX 2.6' **Upgrade**
Wheels: Bomshell Fatdaddy 36hole 20mm front 135x12mm rear **Upgrade**
Headset: FSA Tank **Upgrade**
Stem: Kona DH primo (Soon to be E-13 Ali direct mount stem)
Handlebar: Truvative Hussefelt **Upgrade**
Brakes: Hayes HFX HD 8" rotor
Grips: Kona Lock-on Glow in the Dark (P.I.M.P.) **Upgrade**
Shifters: Shimano XT
Saddle: WTB Speed V
Seatpost: Stock
Crank: Truvative Holzfeller (Soon to be Race Face Diablous/ Saint)**Upgrade**
Pedals: Kona Jack**** Primo
Front Derailler: Shimano XT
Rear Derailler: Shimano XT

Attachments

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
I'm sure the Demo is a great bike, it's just that I probably would have kept the Sunday. Whatever though, ride what you like I suppose. Some guy I was talking to locally was bashing me for riding a Banshee, but whatever, I know my ride is sick, that's all the matters.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Funny how people seem to think that the qualitiy of a set of wheels is in the components, most wheel builders don't know how to build a set of race wheels that last regaurdless of the components used. Scott at Bikeworks can build a better race wheelset out of junk than most wheels that are built with the best (percieved) upper end components by other builders. I have been building wheels for 35 years myself for all applications and the wheels on my Demo are built by me. I myself build a very limited number of special wheels for others every year just because I feel like it. It cuts into my ride time. As high performance race wheels go I would feel comfortable racing DH on my wheels right off the trueing stand and the only other wheels I have that kind of faith in are Scott's wheels. I highly recommend him as the premier wheel builder in the PNW. There are other good builders but Scott is hands down the best.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
hmm yeah well granted my singles are the stock out of the box wheels....and Im pretty darn abusive to them to how rarely I get them true, I asked for a trueing stand for christmas though, that should help.

hmm my names Scott...
:-)

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
im gonna say aaaaa lot. hehe. ill post up pictures of mine, once i justify spending that much money on a bike. the cash is in the bank, i just wanna savor it till im cast free :)

ps whats the weight 42ish lb?
I honestly don't really count it anymore. I bought the frame, cranks and headset as a package used for $1400. Bought the fork when it just came out for $800. The wheelset came from my previous ride so the cost is somewhat hidden. I'd say, the whole bike probably cost me ~$3000.

I think it weighs ~41lbs.