Quantcast

Lets see your pets

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Mackie
It will be, as soon as "the man" (or is it "the monkey") lets me have one.

Have a few more posts to go........;)
Gotcha - well get posting!:p

Any closer to a new fully frame for you yet??

If not - go over to the DH forum and have a look see at Scott from Go-Ride.com's El Chamuco - that thing is just sick! :D

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
Originally posted by MMcG
Any closer to a new fully frame for you yet??
Well... I keep tossing around ideas - 575 - FXR - Heckler - 5Spot - and keep almost pulling the trigger, but the baby is due in September, and then there's interbike......
I'm sure that the 05 stuff will throw all of my ideas for a loop.
Anyway, as you know, looking is fun too.
I aslo have developed a yen for a 29 commuter - a Kogswell, or a Soma.....something steel.....

Anyway, lets see that new (to you) DH bike of yours!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Mackie
Well... I keep tossing around ideas - 575 - FXR - Heckler - 5Spot - and keep almost pulling the trigger, but the baby is due in September, and then there's interbike......
I'm sure that the 05 stuff will throw all of my ideas for a loop.
Anyway, as you know, looking is fun too.
I aslo have developed a yen for a 29 commuter - a Kogswell, or a Soma.....something steel.....

Anyway, lets see that new (to you) DH bike of yours!
Great thread hijack! :devil:

No El Chamuco on your list - hmmmm........by next year your choices will be even greater I suspect including most likely a trail bike from Sinister, and who knows what else the future holds in store for October 2004 and beyond.

I will be sure to post photos of the Prowler when it is built up - the fork is expected to arrive today and new bushings and bolts came for my Balfa today - so so far so good already.

Cheers,

Mark

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
You don't have to ask me twice...this is Zakk as most of you know...she's really cute and I love her more than anything...

And your bed wears blue jeans????

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco-gringo said:
You might want to keep Zakk out of your weed.

She's got her own mean green...she LOVES cat nip. in the last picture I posted there is a brown cigar in it next to her scratching post...the adorable picture of her looking up...and my mom, her grandma, got it for her. It's a cat nip cigar and it says BLUNT on it...my mom has no clue how funny that is or why it might be funny, but I about died laughing and the cat loves it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
My fat kitties. Black one is Marley, he's a butt head. White one is Biggie, sweet as pie and talks a lot. Little tortoise shell is Abby, my stinky girl.

KrusteeButt

I can't believe its not butter!
Jul 3, 2001
why the hell do YOU care?!
Hmmmm...thought I posted in this thread already....oh, wait no, that was the other post-your-pet-pics thread. :rolleyes: :blah: :D
Well, I have 2 pooches now.
Logan's the pup, Alexis is the old dog...you can tell who's who by the teeth.
His canine's were just coming in at this time, you can see his gums are all swollen.
Now he's nearly full-grown...crazy, he'll be one year in a month! She'll be 10 in 3 months. My little babies.

Attachments

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
oh the one in the sink is blaze, the next is earl (brother and sister - he's a male calico - one in a million) and the last is bad-ass mike. if mike were a person, he'd be the guy who has no fear. once he took food right out of my mom's mouth.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
JSB said:
These are my boys.

And I consider my ocean buddies my pets too. I've actually considered a cat, but I think I should wait.
Are saltwater aquariums hard to setup and maintain? I've been thinking about getting one but have no idea how to maintain one.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
I Are Baboon said:
Are saltwater aquariums hard to setup and maintain? I've been thinking about getting one but have no idea how to maintain one.
I have been keeping a 20 gallon reef for a year now - I keep soft corals and have a pixie hawk fish. I also keep a freshwater planted tank and let me tell you - the salt is easier. It's way more money out of pocket but maintaining it has been wonderful. And seeing things grow and the colors...holy cow. Do you want to keep fish or corals?

If you're serious, let me know. I'll tell you what I did or you can check out www.reefcentral.com - lots of good info but you have to register to read.

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
I Are Baboon said:
Knowing what I know now, I would say no they are pretty easy. The trick is reading up on it BEFORE you start. I have a pretty simple process to maintain, but you can easily get in trouble, and loose expensive fish in the process. Some people buy a bunch of equipment and try to learn as they go, and it can cause several problems. For example using tap water to start your tank up. Some will do it, but it's a bad way to start in my eyes. I recommend only using RO water.

Now I'm still in what I consider a begginners stage, because I don't have the high output lighting to keep corals and such. I'm running a fish only with Live rock setup. Jackson has a awesome tank, with much more stuff than I have. He'd be a great source to start a tank. He actually helped me a bit.

Anyway, if you want any suggestions on equipment don't hesitate to ask.
Jeremy

JSB

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
Flower Mound, Texas
bigginsis said:
is that a pixie?
It's a Scooter Blenny. He is very cool. He hops around on my Live Rock and eats pods. He'll also sift through your sand for pods too. He's from the Dragonet family. You really need a good pod population, but some have trained them to eat brine shrimp.