Quantcast

Looking for crazy, high quality photos!

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
damnit, ive searched for an hour.

im looking for high quality...bad ass pics!

im looking to show terrain and technicality rather then huge air for the front.

and then a pic of somone about to compeletly eat sh!t.

this is going to be the front and back cover for my senior project.

thanks monkeys:monkey:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by kidwoo
I thought you had a yellow bike.:p
ahaa, I wish that was me, I'd have a world cup champ trophy to go with my yellow bike...;)

'nother cool guy:

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Originally posted by DßR
by high quality do you mean "good" or hi-resolution?
high res prefferd...but if its a good pic then i wont discriminate. the pic will be printed on a full piece of paper, so its gonna have to be a decent resolution.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
Originally posted by BrokenChain
I have a pic of someone eating it:
holy crap, awesome pic...but not what im looking for. im looking for a more mid-flight pic...where he hasnt crashed yet, yet you know hes gonna eat it hard (let the immagination come into play).

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Originally posted by Swine
holy crap, awesome pic...but not what im looking for. im looking for a more mid-flight pic...where he hasnt crashed yet, yet you know hes gonna eat it hard (let the immagination come into play).
this is a lousy pic but it's about 1/100th of a second away from me eating sh*t really bad...

Dec 25, 2003
Edinburgh, Scotland
Originally posted by Acadian
:thumb: word...

but jon_e is also starting to take some pretty aweosme pics since he got his new camera!! :cool:
Aye but his Morewood is now the shiny new toy to play on!!

Talking of nice snaps, I have a few preview ones that arent on Ian Lintons site yet, just uploading just now to share!

It would be rude to talk about him without showing him in his full glory..........

Pic: www.ianlinton.com

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT

Like these???? :D

Taken actaully at the same place, same year haha.. it was expert carnage

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Lol.. I just notice my pic if of the same guys in the first picture just a split second earlier.. how cool is that!!!!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Mani_UT
Like these???? :D

Taken actaully at the same place, same year haha.. it was expert carnage

I like all the guys in teh background walking around looking for the rest of their bikes. ;)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
hoha! thats the one...
I would suggest contacting the photographer of whatever you choose, for a couple reasons.

They may be able to provide you with a better resolution copy for your project.
It shows that you respect their work and would like to ask before you use it.
and
It is just a nice thing to do.

That being said... here are some of my contributions...

Originally posted by gborden
[B
air shock???? how does that work? how much travel does it get?
and for all the critics out there, yes I know Manitou is in the progress of making a dh air shock....but that appears to be just a normal fox air shock. [/B]
I think it wa sloaner and he had to use the air shock..I remeber somthing about it..

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by bibs
I think it wa sloaner and he had to use the air shock..I remeber somthing about it..
Anytime that picture shows up this is the question that is asked. I am not sure what the deal was, and I have the guys name written down at home, but it sure does stir up some questions! :D

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five

Motionboy2, this is one of the coolest shots I've seen in a while, very cool. The way everyone is flying around the center subject and the blur/shine of the metal, awesome...:thumb:

The Ito

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Originally posted by ito

Motionboy2, this is one of the coolest shots I've seen in a while, very cool. The way everyone is flying around the center subject and the blur/shine of the metal, awesome...:thumb:

The Ito
Hey thanks! :thumb: I was pretty psyched how those came out. It is the miracle of technology that lets you have a flash that is radio controled across a stadium with a telephoto lens so you can pan with the riders

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
Originally posted by gborden

air shock???? how does that work? how much travel does it get?
and for all the critics out there, yes I know Manitou is in the progress of making a dh air shock....but that appears to be just a normal fox air shock.
Heh, I wondered the same thing.

However, more importantly, that is a kick ass pic Motionboy2, as is the bmx one. What lense were you shooting with for the DH pic? Fisheye?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by C_S
Heh, I wondered the same thing.

However, more importantly, that is a kick ass pic Motionboy2, as is the bmx one. What lense were you shooting with for the DH pic? Fisheye?
i'm not motionboy2/josh, but i can definitely say that one in the trees is with a 15mm fisheye. i think he has the canon variant (he definitely has a canon body), but it might be the sigma fish...