Quantcast

Marriage Equality.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Still not sure what the impact of this will be, because mostly what the VRA said was that some jurisdictions had to get prior approval before changing the voting laws. All it's going to take is a lawsuit now by someone to bring up the same question. Voter ID laws here in WI have been held up in Federal courts for the past couple years based on Section 2, not Section 4 (that was struct down).

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/local/writers/jack_craver/how-the-supreme-court-s-voting-rights-ruling-affects-wisconsin/article_d4b40851-4559-5a05-bc7d-c57158a12822.html

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Family Research Council president Tony Perkins released a statement saying his group was "disappointed" in the DOMA ruling and "disturbed" by the detail of the Proposition 8 decision but that it also took some heart from the Supreme Court's actions.

“Their refusal to redefine marriage for all states is a major setback for those seeking to redefine natural marriage," he said. "Time is not on the side of those seeking to create same-sex ‘marriage.’ As the American people are given time to experience the actual consequences of redefining marriage, the public debate and opposition to the redefinition of natural marriage will undoubtedly intensify."

He concluded: “What is inevitable is that the male and female relationship will continue to be uniquely important to the future of society. The reality is that society needs children, and children need a mom and a dad. We will continue to work to restore and promote a healthy marriage culture, which will maximize the chances of a child being raised by a married mother and father.”
how about the consequences of baseless discrimination and bigotry?
Does anyone even know what Tony Perkins is talking about here? Is he making the old silent majority argument or just saying that the frothers will bump up the outrage level from 11 to 14? He might be kind of disappointed if he is expecting the former.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
evgeni malkin is patiently waiting for the day he can put lipstick on his goat and get properly hitched...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I am wondering what Fox is going to give her when she goes to work for them after her term is up.
they had better not let her do the fvcking weather...it's the only reason to watch....

i'm surprised they haven't had maria bleach her hair....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
since bill was the first black president....

Last edited:

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
It is quite clear Michelle Bachmann doesn't understand the concept of equal protection. :rofl:
I missed the section in the Constitution where marriage is mentiioned...........

I'm also curious about what version of marriage "God created", the one where you have multiple wives, the one where you have wives and concubines.........I'm confused here.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I missed the section in the Constitution where marriage is mentiioned...........

I'm also curious about what version of marriage "God created", the one where you have multiple wives, the one where you have wives and concubines.........I'm confused here.
it is odd to look back on whom he showed great favor also had a bajillion wives (solomon)