Quantcast

Massive Microsoft Fail... All aboard the fail boat!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Doesn't the battery have to rundown before you recharge it again to reset the clock?

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Freescale caused bug in Toshiba players (Zune 30 is a Toshiba player):

wiki said:
The first-generation Zune was created while Microsoft was in close cooperation with Toshiba, which took the design of the Gigabeat S and redeveloped it under the name Toshiba 1089 as registered with the FCC starting in the year 2006
engadget said:
That mysterious and completely enraging "Zune bug" that cropped up on the final day of 2008 may not have been restricted to Microsoft PMPs. A much smaller cadre of Toshiba Gigabeat users reportedly experienced similar issues, and some even noted that the whole "discharge and re-date" rigmarole fixed their unit right up as well. Upon further investigation, it seems that the issue may actually reside in the Freescale MC13783 processor, which -- coincidentally enough -- is used in the Zune 30 and a few of Toshiba's alternatives.

Last edited:

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
They would actually have to sell Zune's in order for this to be a massive fail. Microsoft deserves more credit. This is just a little fail.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Do it. My brother got one and is loving it. I got his old 30 GB one he had for two years that works fine, so I can't justify getting a 120 GB one now, but if I was in the market, that's what I'd be getting no doubt.