Quantcast

Maxxis Southeast Regional Championships for DH and Dual

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
ztlh13 said:
Information for the race can be found at Maxxis Race

Please spread the word and come and enjoy this relaxed event atmosphere. Well I probably won't be relaxed, but who cares?
T,
Call me :D

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
Jeremy R said:
Yeah Terry,
Ben wants to know if you will let him race without a license. :sneaky:
The Black List

1. Mrs. Sims (5th grade social studies teacher: Called me out in front of the whole school blaming me for messing up her BMW)
2. Jeremy Raney (Previous Comment)
3. Tooth Fairy (I never got my cheddar for my big ass front teeth)
4. Bugs (creepy)
5. Osama
6. Santa Claus (never got that GI-Joe tommahawk helicopter)

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Mtbike said:
any camping availabe close to event?
If you dont raise too much hell you can camp right next to the slalom course. Amenities can be foung at the mini-dome on the other side of campus.

ETSU policy is don't ask don't tell!

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
well, looks like I won't be able to make it. I gotta work all weekend. Sucks I know, but I'll be able to make it to Mayhem and Diablo in September now. woohoo!

Good luck with the race. :thumb:

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Dude, you better be able to ride DH trails for 8 hrs straight on back to back days or you've got no business going to Diablo. Get ready for your hands to bleed. ;)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
motomike said:
well, looks like I won't be able to make it. I gotta work all weekend. Sucks I know, but I'll be able to make it to Mayhem and Diablo in September now. woohoo!

Good luck with the race. :thumb:
Excuses, excuses...just come on out & say it...the Mr. Hayes comment above is the real reason!!! :eek: See ya at Mayhem

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Guard said:
Excuses, excuses...just come on out & say it...the Mr. Hayes comment above is the real reason!!! :eek: See ya at Mayhem
ok, you got me. :o: It sounds like its kinda pedally, and you know what happens when Jerry gets on a pedally course...

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Okay, I'm a newbie to this MTB scene, so take it easy on me, but I have a question about this race. Since I'm not racing the NBL Grands in L-ville, I thought about hitting this race. And since I'm not man enough (yet) to race expert, I'll be riding Sport, so do I need a NORBA license, or can I show up on and do the one day deal?

Thanks,
Brian

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
BKQuill said:
Okay, I'm a newbie to this MTB scene, so take it easy on me, but I have a question about this race. Since I'm not racing the NBL Grands in L-ville, I thought about hitting this race. And since I'm not man enough (yet) to race expert, I'll be riding Sport, so do I need a NORBA license, or can I show up on and do the one day deal?

Thanks,
Brian
Brian,
You can race sport class with a one day license, just not expert.
You being a BMXer, you should love this race. Come on out.
Steve told me at Snowshoe, the Arabs are celebrating your truck purchase. :D

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Jeremy R said:
Brian,
You can race sport class with a one day license, just not expert.
You being a BMXer, you should love this race. Come on out.
Steve told me at Snowshoe, the Arabs are celebrating your truck purchase. :D

We'll see you there then!

No joke Jeremy, 16-17mpg and $62 to fill the pig up, I alone should be able to cause the price per barrel to go down. I like the fact that I have a ton of room, but I am sure missing that 27ish MPG of the SVT Focus.

But hey, I got Hemi...

SWEEET!!!

See ya this weekend, and thanks Jeremy!!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
BKQuill said:
We'll see you there then!

No joke Jeremy, 16-17mpg and $62 to fill the pig up, I alone should be able to cause the price per barrel to go down. I like the fact that I have a ton of room, but I am sure missing that 27ish MPG of the SVT Focus.

But hey, I got Hemi...

SWEEET!!!

See ya this weekend, and thanks Jeremy!!
I may wanna meet up with you to save my transmission.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
I may wanna meet up with you to save my transmission.
GAS, GRASS or ASS, nobody rides for free!
I've seen your ass, and I'll pass, I haven't smoked grass in a few years, so it looks like one choice left.

However, I may not be coming from this way, it depends if I meet a friend (who is coming from Virgina) at his parents house in NC. But if I don't meet him, then hell yeah I'll pick you up along the way!

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
BKQuill said:
GAS, GRASS or ASS, nobody rides for free!
I've seen your ass, and I'll pass, I haven't smoked grass in a few years, so it looks like one choice left.

However, I may not be coming from this way, it depends if I meet a friend (who is coming from Virgina) at his parents house in NC. But if I don't meet him, then hell yeah I'll pick you up along the way!
you rule...you still got my digits?

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
bizutch said:
you rule...you still got my digits?
Yep, I got ya stored in the cell.

I'm going to the Carolina game Thursday night, so I'll give ya call Friday to confirm if I'll be ablr to pick ya up. When were you hoping to go up there, Saturday morning?

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
So what is this course like, Windrock, Sugar, Massenutten, Lake Lure (without the freaking pushing), Pisgah? Well, that about covers my mtb experience, pretty sad I know.
I'm asking mostly for tire and suspension set-up. You like that don't ya Bizutch, I almost sound like I know what I'm talking about with throwing "suspension set-up" out there.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
bizutch said:
anybody wanna tell Brian the reason he's going is to race his P on the MountainCross course?
Hahahaha...was thinking the same thing til I scrolled down and saw your post.

Quillen - bad news buddy, you have to PUSH back up the MTX course.

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
JeffD said:
Hahahaha...was thinking the same thing til I scrolled down and saw your post.

Quillen - bad news buddy, you have to PUSH back up the MTX course.

I thought I was racing the DH course :confused:
you guys know how I feel about pushing :mumble: :help:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
BKQuill said:
I thought I was racing the DH course :confused:
you guys know how I feel about pushing :mumble: :help:
Just to give you another wahoo chop to the nutz, you have to push back up the DH too.
But this DH is a short one and the walk is about like pushing up a MTX course. This DH is small bike friendly, but I did it last year on my DH sled with no problems.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I was going to race it on my hardtail to make for some excitement, but Ben looked at the course last weekend and says there are some new hucks to flat that would SUCK on a HT. So I'll take both and determine during practice.

D

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
Jeremy R said:
Just to give you another wahoo chop to the nutz, you have to push back up the DH too.
But this DH is a short one and the walk is about like pushing up a MTX course. This DH is small bike friendly, but I did it last year on my DH sled with no problems.

AHHHHH, I hate pushing that pig up hills :mumble:
I thought the info said that there was a shuttle :confused:

So is the DHi going to be "too much bike"? It's the only one I have other then the hardtail, maybe I'll just bring the BMX bike (LOL).

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
BKQuill said:

So is the DHi going to be "too much bike"? It's the only one I have other then the hardtail, maybe I'll just bring the BMX bike (LOL).
I just saw that, and it does say there is a shuttle.
Cool. Either way, it ain't bad though.

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
BKQuill said:

Brian - use the time spent pushing to tlel everybody about how your new brakes are better than theirs. Brady won't be there so somebody's gotta be THAT GUY

BKQuill

Turbo Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
Rangers Lead the Way
JeffD said:
Brian - use the time spent pushing to tlel everybody about how your new brakes are better than theirs. Brady won't be there so somebody's gotta be THAT GUY

Well there not Hope's, but I'll give it a shot...

"My Juicy 7's will stop better then your suck ass Harley-Davidson OE spec'd Hayes anytime, their lighter, they have better adjustments, they have better feel, they have better modulation, and the wavy rotor's are magnet's for the hotties, all the "babes" at windrock wanted a peice of this, all because of the wavy rotor's."

How's that Jeff?

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
BKQuill said:
No joke Jeremy, 16-17mpg and $62 to fill the pig up, I alone should be able to cause the price per barrel to go down. I like the fact that I have a ton of room, but I am sure missing that 27ish MPG of the SVT Focus. QUOTE]

OK I've gotta respond to this...16-17 mpg...of the fortunate ones! :nopity: Try 8 mpg when I pull my trailer and I don't even have a hemi!!! :oink:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Guard said:
BKQuill said:
No joke Jeremy, 16-17mpg and $62 to fill the pig up, I alone should be able to cause the price per barrel to go down. I like the fact that I have a ton of room, but I am sure missing that 27ish MPG of the SVT Focus. QUOTE]

OK I've gotta respond to this...16-17 mpg...of the fortunate ones! :nopity: Try 8 mpg when I pull my trailer and I don't even have a hemi!!! :oink:
that's your own fault...you're the one who brings the whole 7th Artillery in a trailer when the bed of your truck alone could house a boat full of Haitians....

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
yeah, in Asheville they were only allowing people 5 gallons per trip yesterday. and supposedly a few stations here have "run out"...which the news found out was a false story.
You're in luck though Doug...Biodiesel HERE is only $3.00 a gallon and it's supposed to go down the more it's produced. :thumb: Do they have a bio-diesel station in Knoxville?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
BKQuill said:
Well there not Hope's, but I'll give it a shot...

"My Juicy 7's will stop better then your suck ass Harley-Davidson OE spec'd Hayes anytime, their lighter, they have better adjustments, they have better feel, they have better modulation, and the wavy rotor's are magnet's for the hotties, all the "babes" at windrock wanted a peice of this, all because of the wavy rotor's."

How's that Jeff?
If you're trying to sound like Brady, you didn't misspell enough words.
And you didn't mention that you got them cheaper than anyone else