Quantcast

Maxxis Southeast Regional Championships for DH and Dual

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
profro said:
You really think there's going to be a shuttle? :nuts:
Yes there will be a shuttle from 1-3pm and between runs for all the winkies that might bonk before gettin to the top.

Bonk sounds like bong...

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
profro said:
Whoah there Terry... :p

Hey, I need to talk to you. Are you still planning on going to Snowshoe for the Mayhem race?
Yes I definately want to actually race there this time! Get with me about travel and accomodations.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Ben, you can come to. We are going to be doing this ghetto fabulous. Sleep on the ground 4 people to a vehicle eat dirt and rocks. You know CHEAP!

Doug how much were Nationals at Mammoth last year?

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
I don't remember them being high or anything, so I'd say around the same as a national. Meghann and I camped in a pretty cool campground around on the leftside of the mountain. It was close and cheap.

My best suggestion is to take a backpack. They won't let you park anywhere near the pits, so most likely you will go to the venue in the morning and stay all day. Take a backpack full of your gear, water, food, suncreen, and a JACKET. If the wind is blowing, its cold in the shade.

Yeah, I've already talked to Jeremy and we are a go for Mayhem, IF we can get gas :rolleyes: . The parking lot at Silvercreek is pretty cool and you can poach the bathrooms in the hotel. I've got a tent and a huge tarp we can string up. We'll talk this weekend.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
profro said:
I don't remember them being high or anything, so I'd say around the same as a national. Meghann and I camped in a pretty cool campground around on the leftside of the mountain. It was close and cheap.

My best suggestion is to take a backpack. They won't let you park anywhere near the pits, so most likely you will go to the venue in the morning and stay all day. Take a backpack full of your gear, water, food, suncreen, and a JACKET. If the wind is blowing, its cold in the shade.

Yeah, I've already talked to Jeremy and we are a go for Mayhem, IF we can get gas :rolleyes: . The parking lot at Silvercreek is pretty cool and you can poach the bathrooms in the hotel. I've got a tent and a huge tarp we can string up. We'll talk this weekend.
I'm planning on going to Mayhem too...anybody got room in their trunk for me?

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Yesterday, I had to wait in this HUGE line for gas.
All these azz bags were just topping off their tanks before Doomsday or something. I finally get up the pumps, and they tape a sign up saying Cash only, our CC machines are fried. I had $10 on me, and at $3.09 a gallon, I almost made the needle move. :mumble:

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Yeah the lines here were crazy. Man people really believe we are going to run out of gasoline. Its a shame the price gouging going on but Labor day weekend is the heaviest traveled weekend of the year. By monday or tuesday gas prices will drop 40-50cent per gallon and everyone will feel like a dumd a$$.

We are set for Mammoth. Found airfare for $254 from knoxville and we got a 3br condo next to Canyon Lodge for $120 night. I was relieved to get travel for so cheap.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
ztlh13 said:
Yeah the lines here were crazy. Man people really believe we are going to run out of gasoline. Its a shame the price gouging going on but Labor day weekend is the heaviest traveled weekend of the year. By monday or tuesday gas prices will drop 40-50cent per gallon and everyone will feel like a dumd a$$.

We are set for Mammoth. Found airfare for $254 from knoxville and we got a 3br condo next to Canyon Lodge for $120 night. I was relieved to get travel for so cheap.
which site bro....I'm talking to somebody about maybe sponsoring me to go.

No Butch I did not lose my spleen. I cut the shiot out of my arm.

I'm not going anyway. $3/gallon @ 3 tanks round trip, plus race fees, plus beer, plus shuttle fee @ Windrock...christ...it's like going on a family vaction. F THAT! I really hate it too. I was looking forward to going.

I'm gonna dig at my trail. All weekend.

Hopefully I'll get to see you guys next year.

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Just to let everyone know, every gas station in town currently has petrol. Current JC price is 2.99/gal for regular unleaded. Wal-mart and Food City are about .04/gal cheaper.

To save moulah, You can camp at the Dual course and shower at the mini-dome on the other side of campus.