Quantcast

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Metallica was an awesome band. When Dave Mustaine got booted because he was a drunk, the band was different, but still clearly rocked (although Dave wrote some awesome songs, I think the band was better without him). After Cliff died, the band went south.

I would say that Cliff, based on your definition, would = a driving force.
Megadeth for the most part has stayed on track and still rocks. Cryptic Writings was a little week, but that's about it IMO.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I know I'm opening up a can of worms by saying this but what is the obsession with Cliff Burton? Great bass player? Yes. Worthy of legendary status? I just don't see it.

Flame on.

x
I always liked Newstead. I do think the newest stuff sucks for the most part. I'm listening now and not loving it. Don't hate it, but not loving it.

Lex

Monkey
Dec 6, 2001
Massachusetts
Megadeth for the most part has stayed on track and still rocks. Cryptic Writings was a little week, but that's about it IMO.
For me Megadeth dyed a slower more painful death than Metallica. Killing Is My Business...sick record. Peace Sells...sick record. So Far, So Good, So What...sick record. Rust in Peace...still pretty good but then a downward spiral of yawn.

They lost their edge much like Metallica did. Dave Mustaine singing. LalalalaLame. I should actually go back and have a listen to refresh my memory. No. It would be a waste of time I could spend listening to music I really like.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have 32 tracks currently on my iPod. I was very glad Dave got kicked out of Metallica. He writes some incredible songs (some suck, but he has a high percentage of ROCK) and can still jam out.

They played live at the MMA (non-UFC) PPV show a few weeks ago and sounded like ass, though. Still one of my top 5 bands of all time.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
Slayer is the only band from that era that hasn't put out wuss music.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
ok, you could put Exodus in there as well. not sure when their last album came out though... I'm sure there are others too..