Quantcast

Minion 2

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Yeah, everyone is sick of all the random standards in MTB, but having some standard durometer guidelines would be cool

I Hope I like the new stuff
40d-70d.

If skateboarders can figure out what durometer means, there's no excuse.

Schwalbe of course leading the charge with number free nomenclature like 'nerdstar, douchestar, dyingdwarfstar, yourereallyagolferstar, and ourtiresarefvckingretardedstar'

Perfectly clear.

Last edited:

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
What tire is it you're referring to in particular? I have a feeling the wildgrip'r 2.5 is still soft(old comp 16)

Where are yours made? Mine were from thailand
Comp 16s the one I've been using most, but I like the 32 too.

No idea where they're made? Do they say on them?

Is thailand where production's been moved to, or is that where it was before, implying your tyres are old?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
Comp 16s the one I've been using most, but I like the 32 too.

No idea where they're made? Do they say on them?

Is thailand where production's been moved to, or is that where it was before, implying your tyres are old?
Pretty sure they were made in France, they've been unavailable for nearly 2 years now due to shifting production to Thailand, and the compounds are now different as well. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, as I very well could be.

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
i wasn't planning on it, but i might try it....i really don't want to deal with burping, and that is what i liked about michelins...it's one of the only UST/Nagesti certified tubeless tires out there...it has a super precise, sharp fit between the bead and that channel in the sidewall of just about any mavic rim(they mate up well)

i've heard bad things about the UST maxxis, and i'm just weary about running a non tubeless one set up as a tubeless tire...we'll see..i'll experiment some

soooooooo anyway...anyone know when this is coming out?
I'm with you on the UST thing. I haven't ton the sidewall off of a High Roller UST yet (823s and Fulcrum Red Fires), and I've also been having good luck with Hutchinson's UST DH tires. The Barracudas are super duper soft, so if you like soft-compound, you might wanna try them out. On the other hand, they seem to wear faster than Comp 16s if that is even possible.