Quantcast

MM - Sun 9/24/2023 - MM

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Up before 5 for no particular reason. Second or third day in a row where 5 hours of sleep is apparently what my mind thinks I deserve. Tired.

Out to grab a gallon of paint then it's back to hanging 70' of crown. Things are shaping up down there.

S'posed to start a journey tomorrow, fuel filler on the $printer is fucked up, which does not encourage me. :wave:
What's up with it? Surprised the mechanic didn't address it when it was in the shop. Good luck though!

Up before 5 for no particular reason. Second or third day in a row where 5 hours of sleep is apparently what my mind thinks I deserve. Tired.

Out to grab a gallon of paint then it's back to hanging 70' of crown. Things are shaping up down there.

What's up with it? Surprised the mechanic didn't address it when it was in the shop. Good luck though!
For reasons obscure to me, there's sort of a lever arm in the fill; It has taken to not getting out of the way when one attempts to insert the nozzle, which reduces me to feathering the flow, taking infinitely long to fill the tank. Parts need to be ordered and service appointments are a month out.
1695554087079.png

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Up at 5 because why not. Coffee, editing some photos, coloring some stuff.
A month into my new gig. I should have done this years ago. Stress will kill you, fuck that shit. My mind is in a much better place.

Going hiking with the family today at a State park we haven’t been to. Should be nice.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
For reasons obscure to me, there's sort of a lever arm in the fill; It has taken to not getting out of the way when one attempts to insert the nozzle, which reduces me to feathering the flow, taking infinitely long to fill the tank. Parts need to be ordered and service appointments are a month out.
View attachment 201008
Ah yes, I am familiar with this infernal contraption. Lost a bunch of diesel onto my foot the first time I tried to fill my truck via Jerry can without realizing the nozzle had to be inserted deep enough to depress that doohicky.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Up at 430, because I've allowed myself to think the dogs need walked before I go to work. Actually slept since house crap is wrapping up. Now all we have to do is sign and then physically move! :twitch:

S'posed to start a journey tomorrow, fuel filler on the $printer is fucked up, which does not encourage me. :wave:
These vans sure do sound like more trouble than they might be worth.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello all

time to e-bike a few miles south and donate some blood. and then return two Amazon things on the way back (a bathrobe that is insufficiently absorbent and a USB-C mini SD card reader since I half-forgot I'd ordered another just like it a few months earlier until I put it in the drawer :D )

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Dogs, fed and walked, horse fed and walked. Ruth rides her final ride of the Championships in 58 minutes
dude. don't forget to feed and walk ruth too!

hanging out while a friend's husband does some trim/cabinetry repair that i did not want to handle. waiting for wife to go to yoga so i can chill, as she's been full on chore master this morning. need to run to lowes to get a new spark plug for teh lawnmower. watching panthers game with friends later this afternoon. would have liked to ride but not happening today. probably going to bag work on tuesday and head to the hills tho.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Practice times put her at 4/14.

I was informed by one of the other parents that the kid who got 3rd last weekend had been told by his dad to "be nice", so he didn't punt her when she was preventing him from passing. The dad made it pretty clear during the club board meeting, so multiple people heard it.

Apparently none of the other kids have ever put him back into him into his place before, so this has just become his driving style for "passing". From K1 however, passing is very physical because the karts are wide and the tracks are narrow. Haley has ZERO issues getting physical with other people (see race two weeks ago) if necessary. To date, I have told her not to because of the added risk with open wheel karts. She has been informed that if he punts her, the gloves are off. The look she gave me...:brows:

:popcorn::busted:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi. Constant barrage of bullshit this weekend is keeping me from doing anything for myself (like ride bikes). The second I get a moment of quiet, something else comes up. I want to just sit in a dark room, alone.

How are you?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did second oil change on the VW. So easy doing it from the top with a pump.

For rhe pump though, I have the one in link below (rebranded, but exact same it looks like). The thing works, but using it this second time, oil comes spitting out of the handle. Strange.... broken? It seems to be sucking oil slower than the first time as well.

Mityvac MV7400 Manual Automotive Fluid Evacuator with Dipstick Tubes, Automatic Overflow Prevention, 1.9 Gallon, Engine and Transmission Fluid Adapters https://a.co/d/hLqpyQu

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did second oil change on the VW. So easy doing it from the top with a pump.

For rhe pump though, I have the one in link below (rebranded, but exact same it looks like). The thing works, but using it this second time, oil comes spitting out of the handle. Strange.... broken? It seems to be sucking oil slower than the first time as well.

Mityvac MV7400 Manual Automotive Fluid Evacuator with Dipstick Tubes, Automatic Overflow Prevention, 1.9 Gallon, Engine and Transmission Fluid Adapters https://a.co/d/hLqpyQu
Did you let it overfill or perhaps fall over to get oil inside the pump section?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Did you let it overfill or perhaps fall over to get oil inside the pump section?
It didn't overfill and hasn't tipped over.

Only thing I can think of is that perhaps I tried to dump the oil out of the spout too fast?

:edit: reading the 1 star reviews on Amazon, apparently this is a known thing.

Maybe I'll try to fix it, after making another mess cleaning it out. If not, I'll see if Princess Auto will refund or exchange for a different one. Looks like they stopped carrying it, which might explain why I got it for 50% off... :disgust:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It didn't overfill and hasn't tipped over.

Only thing I can think of is that perhaps I tried to dump the oil out of the spout too fast?

:edit: reading the 1 star reviews on Amazon, apparently this is a known thing.

Maybe I'll try to fix it, after making another mess cleaning it out. If not, I'll see if Princess Auto will refund or exchange for a different one. Looks like they stopped carrying it, which might explain why I got it for 50% off... :disgust:
Demand to talk with the princess directly

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Pre-final wasn't as good. Kid in front of her braked way too early on the hairpin, so she ended up slamming the brakes, hitting him, and spinning. She got it back together and finished 9th, but is not happy at all. Crying occurred. She spent the last 25min studying her video and seems pretty ready to go out soon.