Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
¿Done esta JH?
Jackson Hole, Wy.
Also just found out that there will be no big rigs allowed on the local highways for the day before, day of, and day after the eclipse. That means no food deliveries for the three days that are supposed to be the busiest in our local history.
Interesting strategy.
Maybe they will let them travel at night?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jackson Hole, Wy.
Also just found out that there will be no big rigs allowed on the local highways for the day before, day of, and day after the eclipse. That means no food deliveries for the three days that are supposed to be the busiest in our local history.
Interesting strategy.
Maybe they will let them travel at night?
Have you considered leaving?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
One of the sad realities of life. You can only go so deep.

Maybe in SM's Montana you can go deep into the backcountry with no other people. But in the popular national parks/forests there is little solitude.
I know of a few spots in the Big Holes that would provide my own private Idaho, but they are hours in.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

Maybe in SM's Montana you can go deep into the backcountry with no other people. But in the popular national parks/forests there is little solitude.
Fortunately, there is still LOTS of this around... at least down here in ColoRADo.

4th of July we went backpacking - and not even very "deep" in - saw probably a dozen people in 4 days.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In the early 2000s I would hike up the Quinault, Queens and Ho rivers valleys in the Olympic National Forest and see no one for the 3 or 4 days I would be out. I would see cars at the trail heads and read their notes but seldom ever saw evidence of other people after 5 miles or so. Just smelly elk and woodpeckers.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
There would definitely be spots in the Gros Ventres...I have to admit I don't know the area well due to the fact that there is fuck all for good riding in the area. I don't know the Absorokas at all, but I bet it's deserted a few miles from the trail heads/trails...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Pisgah says otherwise. You can be less than 5 miles from Brevard and not see another human or hear any cars. Avoiding the other humans is quite easy. And the few that you might encounter are most likely friendly.