Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
"Thank God I'm in Houston!" - no one, ever.
My hatred for this airport is as wide as it is deep. If the sandwich I just ate doesn't make me sick, then the @FSM is surely watching over me.

One of my favorite lines. I use that all the time.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Woke up with back pain, sat up and read for a bit then went back to sleep for two more hours. Might actually have come close to a normal human's amount of sleep. Achieved the holy grail of poops, giant log with only a single no tracer wipe. Might take an easy lap around the lake later. This has all the indications of a proper day off.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Wifey's plan to get everything out of sight for showings has pushed one of the drain pipes under the kitchen sink so it's leaking now.:thumbsdown::rant::bonk: She has too much crap that needs to go somewhere and under the sink is not the place, despite what I tell her. $#@%^$%^$%@@
my solution might not be HOA approved....but....the next time she is out of town rent a dumpster to be delivered to house and clean house....have removed....or set fire.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Achieved the holy grail of poops, giant log with only a single no tracer wipe.
You should have donated it to your local museum art gallery. :monkey:

Tired. Ordered some moar window fixing stuff because I love well made old fashioned tools and materials, and there will be moar window renovation in my not so distant future. :nerd:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
You should have donated it to your local museum art gallery. :monkey:

Tired. Ordered some moar window fixing stuff because I love well made old fashioned tools and materials, and there will be moar window renovation in my not so distant future. :nerd:
We already have enough shit in our art hood that doesn't belong there.

If you're doing any kind of restoration to old woodworking then you should know about this stuff:

WoodEpox

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Fantastic weekend in Vermont. Drove up on Friday with 3 good buddies. The weather was absolutely brilliant, the conditions were perfect (seriously, I can’t imagine them being better), had awesome beer (Sip of Sunshine is really good), and the food was good.

We hit Perry Hill on Friday and had a great time. Burning Spear remains one of my all-time favourite trails. There’s a new trail there called s’mores. It’s flowy, bermy, jumpy. Not really what I go to Perry Hill for, but a fun challenge I guess. I realized how much I’ve not jumped in a while, and how scared I am of the speed needed to hit that sort of stuff. I guess my couple of injuries this season have really made me a cautious rider… WATA had a tent up in the parking lot, so I became a member. Had beers in the Winooski after the ride, then dinner at American Flatbread. Man I love that place. So good. We stayed at the Inn there too, which was sweet, caus’ we could have as many beers as we wanted. I’m a little sad I didn’t swim in the Mad River… but it was dark and cold, and we were drunk! Scotch by the fire would have to suffice!

Saturday we drove to Burke Mountain and rode the lifts all day. The upper mountain was closed because of a wedding. :rant: I was expecting a little more natural trails, but the lower half is all flow trail. Which is good I suppose, it’s a different kind of challenge. By the end of the day I was loosening up, and hitting most jumps and features (except on Knight Slayer and the big wooden kicker on Jester – that thing is huge!). Saw some groms (maybe 11 y.o. tops) throw some sick whips on the kicker, and pull a suicide no-hander on the wall ride… made me feel really old. We were staying at the Burke Hotel. It’s nice to be close to the lifts, but a little soulless compared to the Inn at Lareau… The pool and hot tub are nice, but not as cool as the swimming hole in the Mad River…

On Sunday we managed to get the shuttle to the top of the mountain and rode DH Trail. Now THAT’s what I came here for… I wish I’d had more time to so we could have ridden it a few times, so we weren’t riding it blind. There’s so many little sniper lines in there that could really make it fast and smooth(ish)… then we drove home, and I made it on time for dinner and to put the kids to bed. Apparently they were good all weekend, which was nice to hear.

I’m gelling more with the bike. I dialed back the rebound damping a couple of clicks on both the fork and the shock, which made a huge difference in quieting the derailleur. (I’ve found that is one of the most noticeable differences between my old Ibis and the Transition… the derailleur really clangs around on the Tranny. Not sure if it’s the rebound setting or a SRAM v Shimano thing [the Patrol has SRAM XX11, and the Ibis has 10 sp XT]). Either way, the bike corners ridiculously well, and is very composed on the jumps. I get a sense that it is very predictable on the lips, and doesn’t do anything weird. And even at a hair over 20% sag in the fork, and +/- 35% in the shock, with very light LSC, it stays nice and high in the berms, giving me a firm platform to push through the berms… very nice indeed. Very happy with the bike.

I bought a Vermont MTB hat while there, that has a mountainbiker riding a cow. When the border agent asked if we bought anything, I showed him the hat. He couldn’t see it too well and said “I hope it’s not a Celtics hat”… I said no, it’s a guy riding a cow. He answered “Naturally…. it's Vermont I guess”! Which sums up my trips there… always a little different, always fun. Man I love that place.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
forgot to mention - on yesterday's ride i discovered that the obstructions i had placed in a strava cheater line several weeks ago were still in place. very pleased.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Had my Departmental picninc today. it's supposed to be fall. With humidity, they're saying it's 101°F out there right now. Everyone was standing around the edge of the field, in the shade of the trees. Normal highs should be around 70°F...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Ouch, that sucks. Where were you going to go?
see relatives in philly on the wsy up or back...see dinosaur jr in boston/area on the way up....acadia national park...see the feelies on the way back in boston/area....

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
My brother got engaged recently so we had a get together with a bunch of family and friends to celebrate. My brother and dad both took some "no hangover" snake oil pills and the results were hilarious and spectacular.

Both of them got super drunk after just a few drinks, they both ate shit wandering around the party. My brother threw up and neither of them made it past 11:00. BUT..... They reported Sunday morning that they were hangover free. So I guess this shit works. It makes you fall over and pass out after a few beers so you can't drink enough for a hangover.
:bonk:

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Woke up with back pain, sat up and read for a bit then went back to sleep for two more hours. Might actually have come close to a normal human's amount of sleep. Achieved the holy grail of poops, giant log with only a single no tracer wipe. Might take an easy lap around the lake later. This has all the indications of a proper day off.
The most impressive poop I ever laid eyes on was in college. I wandered into the seldom used bathroom near the machine shop I worked at and saw a single, 12 oz soda can sized turd laying in the bowl. No pee, no toilet paper, nobody passed out next to the bowl bleeding from the rectum. Just a turd. So many questions were born that day with no answers, a true cold case.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Asian manufacturer went dark. I broke a mount on my XP3… but that was my fault, really. Already got that replacement part from US distributor.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Asian manufacturer went dark. I broke a mount on my XP3… but that was my fault, really. Already got that replacement part from US distributor.
From what I can tell the US distributor is attempting to stick around... Possibly trying to make new lights?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The most impressive poop I ever laid eyes on was in college. I wandered into the seldom used bathroom near the machine shop I worked at and saw a single, 12 oz soda can sized turd laying in the bowl. No pee, no toilet paper, nobody passed out next to the bowl bleeding from the rectum. Just a turd. So many questions were born that day with no answers, a true cold case.
When you drop something that nice you leave it on display and wipe in a neighboring stall.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You mean bored meeting?
my afternoon:
3:00-4:30: new bored member orientation
4:30-6:00: first bored meeting of the year
6:00-9:00: reception at bored president's home.

at least there was alcohol and food at the last one.

wife heads up to VA for work from tomorrow-Thursday...hrmf.