Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Rewired my boiler & thermostats and started installing new "smart" thermostats this weekend.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Spent the weekend fixing stuff...stuff breaks, then I fix it. That's my role in the house. To fix. I am a fixer of things.

I was able to get the non-starting issue with the Subaru worked out on Saturday. What was it? I dunno...I could feel the clunk of starter engaging, but it wouldn't ever make contact. Tried it about 5-6 times in rapid succession, and BAM - fired right up and no problems since then. There was still tons of power steering fluid to burn off from it puking all over the exhaust when the steering rack went bad. That stuff smells bad.

Y'all go be the good humans I've come to know and love.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Funeral service for Haley's friend's mon yesterday. Just found out my best friend from childhood has Valley Fever (fungal meningitis) that is getting progressively worse and is getting a spinal tab today. Giddy.
Work today.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Didn't get to ride enough bikes this weekend. Gotta be a grown up and get your work done. The one ride I did go on was a bit on the magical side. Frozen dirt with Velcro like grip. Felt like you could do no wrong. Now work......

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I’m on research time today. I think I’ll actually do a few hours of that, even, between dropping off a kid at school, a conference call, and a section meeting in which I’ll be presenting to the others tricks on how to be more efficient at work and at life.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just found out my best friend from childhood has Valley Fever (fungal meningitis) that is getting progressively worse and is getting a spinal tab today.
My dad had what turned out to be valley fever in the early 90's. Spent close too 2 years in and out of hospital and almost died several times. Those were not great times in our house. Fortunately I believe the science on that disease has come quite a long way since then.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Busy work week, do not want. At least the new bicycle frame comes on Wednesday, so I have something to look forward to. Now to gather all of the parts and figure out whether I want to try single speeding or if that's just dumb.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Mornin!

Busy work week, do not want. At least the new bicycle frame comes on Wednesday, so I have something to look forward to. Now to gather all of the parts and figure out whether I want to try single speeding or if that's just dumb.
What didja get?

I used to race some of my 100 mile MTB races SS, I have not felt the need to SS out here :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Mornin!

I ordered a new single speed too. it will be my winter commuter.

what are you planning on doing with this bike? single speed has its benefits. I've been thinking that at this time of year, a rigid single speed bike would be nice given the amount of slop we ride through. But then I think meh. I also don't really have the funds or the room for another bike...

today my wife and I have the day off, but the kids' school is open. there's a remembrance day ceremony at the school, and we've invited a former neighbour, and veteran to come talk to the kids. not sure what this afternoon will bring. the kids were up a lot last night, and I feel hungover and tired. and it's above freezing again, so the trails will be shit this afternoon, so I don't feel like riding. ugh.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
What didja get?

I used to race some of my 100 mile MTB races SS, I have not felt the need to SS out here :D
I ordered a new single speed too. it will be my winter commuter.

what are you planning on doing with this bike? single speed has its benefits. I've been thinking that at this time of year, a rigid single speed bike would be nice given the amount of slop we ride through. But then I think meh. I also don't really have the funds or the room for another bike...

today my wife and I have the day off, but the kids' school is open. there's a remembrance day ceremony at the school, and we've invited a former neighbour, and veteran to come talk to the kids. not sure what this afternoon will bring. the kids were up a lot last night, and I feel hungover and tired. and it's above freezing again, so the trails will be shit this afternoon, so I don't feel like riding. ugh.
NOS Transition Transam 26". Contemplating SS solely for the lack of maintenance and quiet ride. In reality I'm not fit enough to push a SS around at the moment, I'd have to grow into it. :D

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
monday. rain. no riding over the weekend, but did manage to get up the leaves in the front yard. still have to do the back yard. still have some logs to stack from the tree removal a while back, but i'm making progress little here, little there. basement and workshop need a major cleanup. christmas shopping is underway, the big present for the kids has already been delivered.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. LMFAO holy cow you guys! :rofl: :rofl:

I like when I pre-make dinner then just have to pop it in the oven when I get home from work. Today is one of those days. Yay meatloaf!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Decided to ride the bus this AM despite a will to drive. When the bus stopped just before downtown, the wheelchair ramp auto-deployed and the driver had no idea how to get it to go back in. Half the bus jumped on the city bus 16 (uses the same stop) but that doesn't go straight downtown. The next bus was only 30 minutes behind, so I went to 7-Eleven for moar coffee while I waited. Still got there faster than the 16, but it was a packed bus.

Good times.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got a to do list from Wifey. :panic: I also just realized that my MIL is coming into town Friday.:fie: FTS.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
the universe delivers, yet again.
spent the weekend traversing clouds, sharing beautiful love & energy in the mountains.
then came down to Boulder last night for Samskara and we laid on the stage at the planetarium & laughed hysterically through the first half because of the intense visuals.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Morning Monkeys.

Decided to ride the bus this AM despite a will to drive. When the bus stopped just before downtown, the wheelchair ramp auto-deployed and the driver had no idea how to get it to go back in. Half the bus jumped on the city bus 16 (uses the same stop) but that doesn't go straight downtown. The next bus was only 30 minutes behind, so I went to 7-Eleven for moar coffee while I waited. Still got there faster than the 16, but it was a packed bus.

Good times.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
NOS Transition Transam 26". Contemplating SS solely for the lack of maintenance and quiet ride. In reality I'm not fit enough to push a SS around at the moment, I'd have to grow into it. :D
Gear it appropriately and you'll be in fine shape! I run mine with a 30x20 on a 27.5. About to take delivery of a new frame Odizzle welded up, i am a sucker for the SS.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Hello Moankies, probably to some of your dismay, i survived my trip down the black canyon of the Colorado river. Great weather for the most part. Days 4 and 5 after lunch got a bit dangerous. Winds picked up, white cap waves breaching the kayaks filling them with water. No roll overs. There were 3 of us and a 16 pound min pin. 2 of us have only been kayaking for about 2 years but we have become intermediate kayakers. The other as been doing it for many years so he didn't have as much trouble as the other 2 of us. After a few miles of paddling and stopping at all the hot spring and sauna cave, hanging gardens, we made it to Arizona hot springs where everyone camps. Best set of spring too. Relaxed with some naked Canadian girls who hiked in for the day. Lots of Canadians this trip, and a few from England, last year it was reversed. I hauled enough wood on my kayak for a fire every night. Saw come coyotes on shore, a big fat beaver, the Eagles nest but no bird, Cougar tracks, suspiciously few fish. Overall great trip. A bad day on the water is still better than a great day at work. Ill get pics posted next week. I forgot my camera and had to borrow one, so i have to get all the pics from the person i got the camera from. 42 miles, 6 days and 5 nights.