Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Woke up to 1" of wet snow, courtesy of Friday's storm. Another Nor'easter with up to 6" of wet snow is forecast for Wed/Thu. Oh joy.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a beautiful sunny day out there...and I'm in here holding this cubicle down. Viva la Cubicle!!

Big changes happening this week for me. I'll let you cats know how that goes down in a few days...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I had to process an employee termination and I could not figure out how to do it, and I could not find the instructions in searching our internal website. I could not find it because it is not called a termination, it is called "Off-boarding." WTF are you kidding me with this shit???? Why? WHY??

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Took the kid up to my family's farm over the weekend to visit with my dying grandmother and ride some snowmobiles. Introducing children to the joys of 2 stroke exhaust is an important parenting role that is not talked about in most of the parenting How To Books..

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning!

Worked on the trailer all damn weekend, but actually have something to show for it. Got the skylight in and got the mounts welded in for the solar panels. Progress!

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I had to process an employee termination and I could not figure out how to do it, and I could not find the instructions in searching our internal website. I could not find it because it is not called a termination, it is called "Off-boarding." WTF are you kidding me with this shit???? Why? WHY??
that's some pretty cold-ass pirate shit right there...

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
:wave:

I had insomnia again.
I deal with this as well....I take about 150mg of diphenhydramine(generic OTC sleep med), and it will do a great job of knocking me out for about 4-6 hrs. Forget that Advil PM or Ambien mess...I can't be groggy all day. This does a great job of getting me some shut-eye and when I wake up, there's no fog to shake off. My brain is like having 256 browser tabs open at all times - mostly to pron, but occasionally stuff that matters, too.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Oh Monday.
Got selected for random whiz quiz first thing in the door. Fine, whatever. All well and good as the only thing in my urine is high concentrations of espresso, and I need to pee, so great timing. Drive my ass down to "collection center". Place doesn't open for another 45 minutes and holy balls do I really need to pee by now. :dead:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode the fatty out to a buddy's cottage this weekend...

the "shed"

the stable

can you hear that?! that's the sound no electricity, no running water, no heat... and no kids!

Last edited:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Got selected for random whiz quiz first thing in the door. Fine, whatever. All well and good as the only thing in my urine is high concentrations of espresso, and I need to pee, so great timing. Drive my ass down to "collection center". Place doesn't open for another 45 minutes and holy balls do I really need to pee by now. :dead:
Time to hit the herb shop for some sleep meds!

Fuccckk... headache since yesterday. Thought it was related to the cat piss and shit that i powerwashed out of the garage. Woke up and its worse this AM. Then wife tells me she made decaf yesterday. Gawdammit.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did another ride around the city on Saturday. Hand felt OK. Managed to find a few short sections of trail. Riding around the city on a dentisty trail bike is kind of silly but it feels like the best way to break up the scar tissue in my thumb that needs to be broken up to ride my trail bike. I think I might be ready for an easy XC ride the next time the weather cooperates.

Spring construction season has started. I counted over 20 tower cranes on my ride and I could only see a fraction of the city.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Damn it sounds like my roof is going to come off. Continued 30-40 mph winds for two days now.
All the little dainty Bradford Pear trees that every contractor in the South plants in every subdivision ever, is having drama with keeping themselves intact. They split faster than a house painter on payday....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I deal with this as well....I take about 150mg of diphenhydramine(generic OTC sleep med), and it will do a great job of knocking me out for about 4-6 hrs. Forget that Advil PM or Ambien mess...I can't be groggy all day. This does a great job of getting me some shut-eye and when I wake up, there's no fog to shake off. My brain is like having 256 browser tabs open at all times - mostly to pron, but occasionally stuff that matters, too.
Careful, that stuff has been shown to cause dementia with long term use.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Went and watched local rubber cylinder team make some attempt at hitting the playoffs, after playing the first half of the season pretending like they were not coming up, and then just missing the playoffs, and getting a head start on golf season.
I am looking forward to the playoffs this year.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Damn it sounds like my roof is going to come off. Continued 30-40 mph winds for two days now.
Our patio furniture has been blowing across the deck since yesterday. Solid house creak is a great way to sleep...

Today's plan is to continue moving storage to our basement storage and out of the garage. Have to get ready for climbing wall build.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
skinny dipping & hot tubbing Friday nite with a head full of l.
skied in spring conditions on saturday. slept 10 hours.
sunday was brunch at the merc then replacing a pump on the lady's washer then catching up on laundry.
Stellar weekend.
Going to see Leftover Salmon at the Stanley next weekend. gonna be fuuuuuu-UHN.