Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. This marks my 4th meal in a row of Thai food: Two meals of leftovers/extras that the wife ordered on Friday night, and then trying a new-to-us place with delivery (Thai Monkey Club) last night with leftovers now. Thai Monkey Club was ok but not as good as our no-delivery-services favorite, Thai Pot Cafe. Hmph.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Or you could just buy it a seat and strap it in next to you! :D
stewardess: that is a bike sir...you can not bring it on...

you: it is my therapy pet....i take it everywhere....it does not piss/shit/bark....it just waits for me.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
anyone have thoughts on bike flights vs flying a bike with an airline?

guess I should have planned this out a little earlier :(
If you have someone reasonable at the destination who can handle the FedEx dudes, bike flights ain't bad - but remember, it is FedEx so anything can happen. I still remember the horror of tracking my bike go past ND to MT for the MDH trip.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
anyone have thoughts on bike flights vs flying a bike with an airline?

guess I should have planned this out a little earlier :(
When I bought my new-to-me bike last summer, the previous owner shipped it using BikeFlights. Worked fine for me. It was on-time, and pretty damn cheap ($45 from PA to upstate NY). YMMV of course.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Bring your own bike. The cost of renting a good bike will exceed the cost of flying the bike out.
I have 2 days of riding in Moab (maybe 2.5), it is a family vacation trip, with opportunities for MTB available.
Chile bikes will rent me a patrol / sentinel for $80 a day, which will probably be what I will do

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I have 2 days of riding in Moab (maybe 2.5), it is a family vacation trip, with opportunities for MTB available.
Chile bikes will rent me a patrol / sentinel for $80 a day, which will probably be what I will do
Totally worth renting then versus the hassles of flying with your own bike. Just remember no weird bike tools in your hand luggage.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Deepest that I ever rode there was 56" in 48 hours (most of the mountain was closed the first day)
I was on a 195 swallowtail, and it was TOO MUCH SNOW.
Yeah - I skied a 35" day at Wolf Creek once. Way too much snow for that resort. I mean - when you could get to something steep enough, the skiing was all-time... but those pitches are few and far between at Woof Crik.

Dirtrider

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2006
Asheville, NC
Skipped work today because FTS and did a quick ride with the wifey. Now I am mowing my lawn and drinking a beer. This is how Monday’s should be...Am I right?