Quantcast

***Monday, monday, MONDAY!!!!! GMT***

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Greyhound, I learned the slopes on skis, but got hooked on snowboarding. I think it worked out well. Being older, I prefer having both feet on one plank, less risk to the knees for twisting, I think...
I learned to ski at an early age. Picked up a snowboard for a couple years in my teens. Seemed to me that basic fundamentals were easier on a snowboard, but then there was this kind of plateau into more advanced riding I couldn't get over. Wanted back into the trees and moguls, so went back to skis in my early 20's and that's all I've done since. My daughter is 9 and skis exclusively. She thinks snowboarding is silly because "all they do is sit down."
All my friends who switched over to snowboarding cause it was the cooler sport to do in the 90's have since switched back. Mostly because they are tired of having their ass in the snow every run and can't side step/traverse out to the hidden hard to access stashes.

Hey doc, how about using laymans turns!!
Are those faster than regular turns? Do I need Boost spacing to make them?

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
All my friends who switched over to snowboarding cause it was the cooler sport to do in the 90's have since switched back. Mostly because they are tired of having their ass in the snow every run and can't side step/traverse out to the hidden hard to access stashes.
You clearly haven't seen me ski... I spent a lot of time surfing on my belly or backside while chasing my ski down the slopes..

I also enjoy cooling my junk, so sitting in snow is a good thing..

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
I'm 45, and make old guy noises when I get up or get down....my hip joints bug me more than my knees do after a day on a snowboard, so I'm going to give them a rest for awhile. I just never liked having the foot all twisted up and dragging the board through the lift line..rolling around, fat-guy style in the snow...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Got to Canaderp late last night after spending a week and half riding Pisgah. My legs are fucked. Pretty much slept and did nothing today.

Returning to work tomorrow. I haven't looked at my email or even attempted to communicate with co-workers since last year. I think this might suck...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Got to Canaderp late last night after spending a week and half riding Pisgah. My legs are fucked. Pretty much slept and did nothing today.

Returning to work tomorrow. I haven't looked at my email or even attempted to communicate with co-workers since last year. I think this might suck...

Start the new year fresh. Delete all your emails before reading them.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I really hate UPS sometimes. I ordered new photo-chromatic lenses for my Rudy Project Rydo Flex Glasses with Prescription inserts so i can ride and see during twilight and night rides. That was back on the 26th. Rudy Project shipped them the next day using ups/mail UPS claimed they transferred the package to the post office on the 30th, post office said then just received an electronic manifest. On the 4th i had the post office check for it. nope. This past Saturday UPS finally delivered it to the post office. damn things showed up tonight...What a pain in the ass, the package only had to go from the San Diego area to the SF Bay area.

At least the right lenses showed up and I can stop carrying two pair of glasses on rides