Quantcast

>>>Monderp<<<

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Walked out of the airbnb last night, got 10 steps out the door, looked to my right and saw 3 black bear cubs. Looked left and saw momma bear, shit myself, and booked it back inside.

Wedding Saturday was great, or so I thought until I found out after the fact that the venue owner, who was on-site, was inebriated and sexually harassing female guests. He ended up sleeping with an aunt on my SIL's side who was probably too drunk to consent. But the most abhorrent part is that he told my SIL, the bride mind you, that he wanted the venue cleaned up that night but would let us do it the next day if she showed him a boob. WTF. Now both my bro and SIL are, understandably, upset, contemplating what to do about it, and will forever have that taint their wedding day. :mad:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I got a set of my fave gloves, 661 Rajis, a few weeks back. Now, I haven't bought new ones in a few years and the last ones I bought were no doubt clearance from a few years before that, so as always I'm living in the past.

But I have to say, I really don't like the whole new seamless palm thing. It kinda bunches up as I curl my hand. Is it just me? Are other seamless palms better/pre-curved? These seem to lay very flat, so maybe that's the issue?

Who else has a favorite airweight/vented/mesh full-finger?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

Apparently, there was a bit of a dustup on the street yesterday that resulted in the cops showing up for a "domestic disturbance". Some one was a bit too vigorous with a leaf blower for someone else's liking. Fucking white people......

Afternoon run to a new garden store with the neighbors somehow turned into WAY too many beers, food truck sushi, and being up way too late for my 0330 wake up call. Shit's going to be rough around here today.

Wedding Saturday was great, or so I thought until I found out after the fact that the venue owner, who was on-site, was inebriated and sexually harassing female guests. He ended up sleeping with an aunt on my SIL's side who was probably too drunk to consent. But the most abhorrent part is that he told my SIL, the bride mind you, that he wanted the venue cleaned up that night but would let us do it the next day if she showed him a boob. WTF. Now both my bro and SIL are, understandably, upset, contemplating what to do about it, and will forever have that taint their wedding day.

Court ordered refund sounds like a good start.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Walked out of the airbnb last night, got 10 steps out the door, looked to my right and saw 3 black bear cubs. Looked left and saw momma bear, shit myself, and booked it back inside.

Wedding Saturday was great, or so I thought until I found out after the fact that the venue owner, who was on-site, was inebriated and sexually harassing female guests. He ended up sleeping with an aunt on my SIL's side who was probably too drunk to consent. But the most abhorrent part is that he told my SIL, the bride mind you, that he wanted the venue cleaned up that night but would let us do it the next day if she showed him a boob. WTF. Now both my bro and SIL are, understandably, upset, contemplating what to do about it, and will forever have that taint their wedding day. :mad:
a post wedding lynching would certainly be memorable.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
@Adventurous if he was that brazen with that kind of behavior, i can guarantee you this is not the first time it's happened, and if nothing is done, it won't be the last time either. plus, those are just the incidents that you've been made aware of.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
reporting for dudey!

not much to report. Trying to figure out what software to sub to with my new trainer. Zwift? Trainerroad? @I Are Baboon what's good nephew?

have to deal with fallout from quitting today and for the next two weeks. Should be a trip.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I got a set of my fave gloves, 661 Rajis, a few weeks back. Now, I haven't bought new ones in a few years and the last ones I bought were no doubt clearance from a few years before that, so as always I'm living in the past.

But I have to say, I really don't like the whole new seamless palm thing. It kinda bunches up as I curl my hand. Is it just me? Are other seamless palms better/pre-curved? These seem to lay very flat, so maybe that's the issue?

Who else has a favorite airweight/vented/mesh full-finger?
I like the lightweight palms that most companies are doing these days. I have a set of 100% gloves that feel awesome but gave me blisters last time I used them...unsure if it's the palm or the fit. I also have a set of pearl izumis I got mostly to bump me up to free shipping and those are even better. I believe they are the pearl izumi divide gloves, and I am surprised at their quality and comfort, despite being a non "hardcore" brand.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Busy weekend of work done. I probably was working at an 80% duty cycle so only had time to update my Twitter following periodically of my doings

today I work only the nominal afternoon, which is less than half the day since the morning gets the cases scanned over the weekend distributed between them.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
You should still be tired anyway.
Driving back over to WP to pick up the car yesterday I could have done some DH. My wrists might not have lasted more than a run though.

The 13 mile eastern decent on Rollins Pass on a rigid bike is brutal on the arms/wrists.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I like the lightweight palms that most companies are doing these days.
Thx. I will check out the PIs. I think I saw them on sale.

My issue is not necessarily with the new materials, but the contour of the palms on the 661s I got. The stitched designs I've used never led to the weird gapping feel I get from these very-very-flat gloves. If the material is hand-shaped, I'm not gonna lament any lack of stitches...

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Breakfast break then back out for more dialysis transport hell
You should invent a big pedal-powered dialysis machine, like one of those mobile group pedal-powered bars they use for bachelorette parties and stuff. Just load 'em on and hook 'em up.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Was going to head up to Thunder Mtn. for a lift day but...they were closed yesterday because things were so wet.
Figured, nah, probably would still be a mess. Not eager to drive that far to ride in probably shitty conditions when I can do that five minutes from the house.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Speaking of people being the worst, we got inspection objections from the buyer for our townhouse in Golden over the weekend. One of the objections was that the upstairs toilet was clogged and wouldn’t flush. Wait, what? It was completely fine when we moved out 3-4 weeks ago, what the crap happened?

Our realtor went over and plunged it out, found a massive wad of TP stuck in there, and a penny. Apparently we either had a visit from the littlest Charmin Bear, or someone brought their fucking child to a showing and left the mongrel unattended long enough for the critter to cause a bit of mischief. Fortunately the penny and the TP was were both fished out and everything is fine.

AE3EE648-4347-4469-AF27-C45AC169FFDD.jpeg

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Oh, also the Canfield I bought from @StiHacka shed its rear triangle pretty easily (once I learned to dislodge the pivot bolts from the light press fit in the bearings) and fits more or less nicely into a spare roll-on bag we had here at the vacation house, so it's ready for the journey to El Salvador. Really looking forward to building this thing up! Just sad I can't finish the build as soon as I'm back on Friday, since many essential parts are in the mailroom at work. My first venture into hoops bigger than 26." Even the Canfield Balance I bought from him is on 26 even though it is 27.5-capable.

Held out longer than most everyone else. Wagon wheels, here I come.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I'm hoping this makes the longer-ranging rides more rangy.