Quantcast

###Monderp###

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Took Friday and Monday off to spend four days alone with my daughter and we had a blast. Beautiful late summer days, took her to the zoo to watch elephants copulate and she even accompanied me to the polling site to vote in yesterday's national election.

Don't want to rub it in, but it's such a nice and straightforward affair over here - get my papers in the mail a month in advance, but I only need those if I want to vote by mail, stroll over to the elementary school on my street, chat with the lovely volunteers that keep the whole operation going, show my ID, vote while she plays with Legos and done.
Fairly pleased with the outcome too as the conservatives will very likely be relegated to the opposition bench and we can actually get a progressive coalition to tackle the challenges that have remained unaddressed for too long.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Monday! Happy to not be dead today. 5 mile run done early. I've hit my marathon "taper" meaning I'll scale back the running for the next couple of weeks so my body can recover from the training before my race. So for the next 5-6 days, I'll feel great, and then next week I will feel like shit. It's weird how that works.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
here. Had a great weekend up in NH. Did a waterpark, then storyland. Just got out of our rut for 24hr...it was pretty cool!

Alfa is back in for service. Warranty ends this month. Probably time to get something else.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
This morning I get to unpack and setup my office so I can work. I haven’t yet pooped, but I am still alive. Hallelujah.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yesterday's ride was so good, nothing like purpose built directional bike trails, nice climbs, rowdy descents, and easy ways to backtrack for partial laps. now the bacon is frying, coffee strong, lots of work ahead and I need to give my bike a proper once-over.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
yesterday's ride was so good, nothing like purpose built directional bike trails, nice climbs, rowdy descents, and easy ways to backtrack for partial laps. now the bacon is frying, coffee strong, lots of work ahead and I need to give my bike a proper once-over.
Blackhawk?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
6:00 AM project demonstration of which I requested that we not do at 6:00 AM on a Monday moring, and was ignored. No one outside the team actually called in for said demonstration which made the whole fucking effort pointless. But we did it anyway because spending time and money on pointless non value added tasks is what we do around here. Just going to spend the rest of my day waiting for Godot.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Major headaches at work, coincidentally I have an actual headache on top of it.

Another big storm rolled through this morning. One particular lightning strike was damn close - I was laying in bed with my eyes closed and could still see the flash. The thunder arrived not a moment later and was loud/deep enough to vibrate the sheets on the bed. Teh kitteh did not like that.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Fffffffffffff. Last few days of paternity leave. That sucks. Things still feel hectic and it would be nice to have more time to support my wife and bond with our child. Alas, I suppose I should feel lucky for this 4 weeks since many people don't get any.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all

Looks to be a busy day at work

Might pre-order a DH bike in a bit

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
First physio today, for my shoulder. She restored much mobility, and gave me some very gentle strength training exercises (push ups against the wall and standing side-planks). It's not much, but it gives me something to work on, which is nice.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Last week's cold is now this week's sinus infection, yay! Blowing mustard colored boogers and my head feels like it's going to explode, picking up antibiotics at lunch.

Hoping I can knock this shit out and get a ride in after work, been 3 weeks since last I rode and it fucking blows.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Facing mass resignations and an inability to hire, my company sent out a retention survey. My response was not positive. I may have referred to corporate leadership as a parade of Bozos.