Quantcast

Monkeys You Have Met?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
When Reuters NA broke up, I was offered a job with them in Seattle. I knew Skooks from here and considered moving there. That job fell through, and I was offered a choice to go to Deerfield Illinois or Minneapolis. I based that decision totally on the riding in both of those places. And shot them down. I chose to open a Bike shop here. Bike shop is gone, and I am still here and in Rochester.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
When Reuters NA broke up, I was offered a job with them in Seattle. I knew Skooks from here and considered moving there. That job fell through, and I was offered a choice to go to Deerfield Illinois or Minneapolis. I based that decision totally on the riding in both of those places. And shot them down. I chose to open a Bike shop here. Bike shop is gone, and I am still here and in Rochester.
Is that the bike shop I visited you at?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
part of me wants to move back to rochester and turn a garbage truck into a food truck, and serve garbage plates. would call it the garbage truck.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
yea but did they use a garbage truck
If you come back. Go to Dogtown and get a proper Garbage Plate. If you can make a better plate. Then have at it. I think it would be a more successful endeavor in Fishtown Philly. Phillys hotdog game is pretty weak since the Liberty closed in Oldtown.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
If you come back. Go to Dogtown and get a proper Garbage Plate. If you can make a better plate. Then have at it. I think it would be a more successful endeavor in Fishtown Philly. Phillys hotdog game is pretty weak since the Liberty closed in Oldtown.
I understood all these words, but… Actually that’s a lie. I didn’t even understand all the words.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I’ve just missed meeting Pesqueeb and Da Peach on different occasions.

HAB and I have caught a concert of two together.

kazlx and I have ridden a few times, and we’ve both snapped our necks. Coincidence? He’s also machined a couple of rig plates for hook shenanigans.

There’s a few others, but these are from the pool of usual suspects.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
HAB and I have caught a concert of two together.
We definitely rode together at least once too. I think I have photographic evidence somewhere.

My list:

mandown
jonKranked
kazlx
w00dy
Sandwich
Nick
6thElement
Full Trucker
Westy
kidwoo

And probably some other folks who I'm forgetting right now

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Acadian
Sandro
Katz
Lelandjt

I think that's it...probably I'm wrong.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I'm trying to remember, which time. I was there another time with the similar group, but with YetiDHer (Chris) I remember he was only 16 and his mom drove him to DV to ride with us. He was a good kid, after HS he became a big rig truck driver, I wonder what he's up to now?
Oh yeah, him too. I remember he had a giant head. I got a picture somewhere he took of me dropping a log at Sly Park.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
@HAB beat me by like two spots at plattekill and I will never live down the shame. I also suck at DH so whatever

I've met many of you at various monkeyfests and I always look forward to them. Had some good times with @ito and @JRogers, neither of which have been active in nearly 10 years. rip in peace

Would love a cross coast git together, but I'll deal with getting made fun of by @kidwoo virtually instead of in person

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
slugman
-bb-
Weird Terry
1000Oaks
Salami
Probably a several more that I don't remember. It's been nearly 20 years after all.

Became pretty good friends with a couple of them but unfortunately haven't seen most of them in years.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
the list is huge this was ONLY for 2007

With pictures and e'erything. I was looking at pictures on my laptop the other day, ran across a few with Monkeys I've met. I'll try and post a few. But later... gotta do work now and riding with some out of town friends at lunch so y'all will just have to wait.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Yes, when you were in Denver for work and a pile of us met you at that brewery in Highlands Ranch. There was a picture, IIRC, that featured you, me, @stoney, @Toshi, @Nick, @Pesqueeb (maybe?), and @JohnE. Who took that? Who has it? It was probably posted...
I recall that. Was at Lone Tree Brewing, yeah? I tried a search in my pictures, so either wasn't me or google-fu is weak.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I joined not long before we moved to the States and RM helped me meet so many nice people some I have become life long friends with. I hope to meet more of you now we are coming out of the Covid shadow. @iRider you are first on the list!

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I joined not long before we moved to the States and RM helped me meet so many nice people some I have become life long friends with. I hope to meet more of you now we are coming out of the Covid shadow. @iRider you are first on the list!
My wife sold her GT Fury DH bike and has a Commencal if you want to buy the GT long sleeve jersey back? :D

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Warren Gulch once the snow is gone.
Oh... Full speed. No grip strength training in years. I'm in!

How rideable is that for Haley? Any gonzo technical since the work around? I don't recall there being anything super difficult. That's a we do one for your two kind of shuttle.