Quantcast

///MountainsMondayGmt\\\

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
title says it all
It says that you half-ass your wing-dings. Those who can't art, history. :)

Ended up cranking out code most of yesterday. It was partially my fault that the work needed to be done so I did it. Customer wrote a shitty spec with seemingly conflicting requirements. I delivered a product that managed to meet the spec as written but did not meet the implied intent.

In other news, after I negotiate a start date at the new job I will resign today. New company wants me to start ASAP. My reply, NFW. Looking at 6 weeks out. Want at least a month to move/ride/fuck-off.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Holy moly do I ache today. Woke up super early because of the ache in my pelvis. Feels like weather moving in, but none is predicted. Perhaps just a wild pressure change? In other news: FTS, why haven't I won the lottery yet?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
a friend had a meth head pass out at the end of his driveway yesterday for about an hour....parked....car running.....cops found meth/coke/heroin in the car.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Is Leap Day a school holiday or something, because where the hell was all the traffic this morning?

I swam before work. Now I am drinking coffee, which is making me turtlehead a little. Need to address that soon.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Dog managed to knock an open bottle of Aleve off of the bathroom counter this morning. Wasn't sure if he ate any pills. Administered 30cc of hydrogen peroxide. Vomiting rapidly induced. It does not look like he ate any pills, however, he has been eating q-tips from the garbage. Fiber!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Exit strategy planning commencing today. Meeting with a recruiter about a position. Will celebrate embarking on this journey again with the two baguettes I currently have rising in the oven.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Sunny and in the upper 50s yesterday so we went to the zoo (WITH EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE ENTIRE CITY OF ROCHESTER). The little one had fun though so I guess it was worth it.

Temps back down in the 30s with possible rain this week. Meh.

EDIT: Also, Tminus 1 week = me and the fam will be in Florida

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Research day today, so I plan on doing some plumbing, of course. :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
WOW, what a weekend. I left early Friday to ski in to a cabin for my friend's birthday weekend. 11.1 mile ski in and then back out again yesterday. Lots of fun all weekend. Tired.
bdayski.jpg
bdayski2.jpg

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My phone interest in going to the office today is √(-1)
Ha. I actually know what that means!

Spent another couple hours talking with my friend and kind of help clear some things up for her. They both want the same thing, but neither has nutted up and asked each other for the specific things. Like him moving to CA, them making a plan for how to do things once she finishes her doctoral research program, him finding a job in CA (he's a control engineer, so shouldn't be hard), etc. Funny that after all the hours we've been talking (via text), the summary of what they need to do is what Wifey and I haven't done for too long: talk.

Otherwise, I've got Haley solo through next Monday with exception of Thursday. The caucus is tomorrow, so I have the twins (babysitters) coming to watch Haley. Tons of study work to do and finding time to workout in there as well. Haley is on board with watching Blue's Clues while I study and we're going to work with getting dinner and shower done quickly. We'll see how this all works out.

Debating putting the big rubber back onto the M. It's supposed to be in the 60's for the next 2 weeks, which means my winters will just get eaten up. Takes me 30min, so not exactly a hard thing to do. Need to sort that out in the timing or commitment today.

And... work.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
After yesterday's ride today bores me.

Picking up new company truck today after chasing the IRS for a document all morning. Got a decent deal on it (20% off sticker, $8+k savings.) but the dealer is 1hr away and lining up a second driver to go get it is a hassle.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Beautiful day out. Worked up quite a schvitz during a lunch run. Witnessed something I have not seen in a while, dry dirt.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
One would think that if one has an MD and a PhD (note: not me as I lack the latter) then one would not create presentations for a serious scientific study that are largely comprised of clip art and cartoons.

I made major revisions, needless to say. Since I'm the senior author on this project then I get to decide, thankfully. :D

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One would think that if one has an MD and a PhD (note: not me as I lack the latter) then one would not create presentations for a serious scientific study that are largely comprised of clip art and cartoons.

I made major revisions, needless to say. Since I'm the senior author on this project then I get to decide, thankfully. :D
I think the only appropriate use of clip art and cartoons is in Human Resource presentations.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I think the only appropriate use of clip art and cartoons is in Human Resource presentations.
Something like this?

I don't understand no one apparently spoke up before. Along the course of getting that PhD, in particular, there had to have been dozens of presentations that this individual has given. This whole thing was in a consistent cartoon-y style, too, so it wasn't like he just got bored on one slide and went to town.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Something like this?

I don't understand no one apparently spoke up before. Along the course of getting that PhD, in particular, there had to have been dozens of presentations that this individual has given. This whole thing was in a consistent cartoon-y style, too, so it wasn't like he just got bored on one slide and went to town.
I witnessed a lot of really bad Phd candidate presentations. Content was good, but unprofessional in presentation.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Something like this?

Was the font in Comic Sans, too?