Quantcast

My rides, part of the Transition Family

pedalmunky

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Pimped ride, playa!

I swear, 'rockets are so cool I think we're all starting to take them for granted.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
hey mache, NICE rocket. where did you get the shim to make the macneil seatpost/seat combo work on the rocket? thats what i want/need for my rocket.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
well two weeks ago i was riding at beacon and doing some practice runs for the race. and low and behold i broke my Preston FR.

cracked top tube

so Kevin and Neil hooked me up with a small raw bottle rocket frame.

the last two days i have spent preping the frame and today was paint day so i thought i would make a thread to introduce the world too my new forest green bottle rocket. the pictures make the bike look a lighter green but it is darker in person.

For those that are wondering there are no decals on the frame. i laid down the stickers then green then pealed them of revealing the raw aluminum then cleared all of it.

let me know what you think

should have it built and riding by Thursday. and of course i will post pics.

Mike

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
Boken Preston, hooked up with a new BottleRocket, hmm......... not a bad switch, gotta love that warranty. and nice paint job, the color and the letters especially look sick. cant wait to see it built.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
hell yeah, double shim it ;)
pm that guy and find out how he did it. otherwise call transition and cane creek to find out if they are aware of any problems with the double shim idea.
or just buy a right sized post.

May 1, 2006
The ADK's
just to jump in on your question v-digit my BR is a small and im around 5-7, the bike fits me perfect in all aspects, i have no problem getting the seat high enough for climbing, it feels super nice in the air and on stunts, great in the freeride seen and this weekend ill be racing it at Diablo so ill see how it does on DH runs but i have no worries and no complaints, perfect for me.

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Yes it is.

I am 5'8 and I am loving it

and

I live in Miami, Fla which is as flat as it gets, meaning that we have to do allot of pedaling.

I use it for trail riding, Dirt jumping and the ocasional drop. It pedals really good, it is very stable in the air and I found to be a pretty light bike right out of the box. So far I have no complaints, it is a great bike and Transitions customer support has been awesome.

Hope this helps

thats a small one, right eball?
how tall are you and how you liking it?

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
Hey Transition-MJR,,,100% agree with your opinion of the bike,,..keep me posted on how it does DH. I may be heading to Diablo sometime this summer and was curious as to how it would do.

just to jump in on your question v-digit my BR is a small and im around 5-7, the bike fits me perfect in all aspects, i have no problem getting the seat high enough for climbing, it feels super nice in the air and on stunts, great in the freeride seen and this weekend ill be racing it at Diablo so ill see how it does on DH runs but i have no worries and no complaints, perfect for me.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
thanks for reply eball and trans-mjr
i was just asking out of curiosity, because i myself have a small bottlerocket and i'm 5-9. i'm loving it.
diablo is where my bottlerocket lost its virginity back in october 06, so u'll have a blast on it there. good luck and have fun.

mache

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
The regular Macneil posts come in 27.2, so that'll work.
The Stump however only comes in 25.4, but there are 25.4 - 30.0 shims, just gotta find em ;).

Jakobr

Chimp
Feb 14, 2007
denmark
Jakobr-

How you liking the double? Have you weighed it?

How does that Double pedal. Have you done any trail-riding with it?
eball,
i've been riding it once at trails / danish downhill (we've got no mountains...) and find it really good fun. It's definitely a serious play-bike
and with the fork set to 95mm you can race dj's, walls and berms like on no other bike i've tried.
The weight of it is about 16 kilos so.... but with a light wheelset and a pair of twin rails it's a really funky streetbike! it pedals just fine, i think,
not a major thing for me. all in all- :biggrin: like good drugs

SDG

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Hi all :cheers:

I'm George(Sjors) from the Netherlands
Just wanted to put up my Tranny..

Cheers