Quantcast

Need moar Jester - The 2012 Monkeyfest thread

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
Summer Monkeyfest 2012 - July 26-29
Algonquin Lodge, Kingdom Trails, East Burke, VT, reserved from Thursday at 2 pm (arrival) until Monday at 11am (departure).

Watch it on the road - VT local and state police have announced that they're on a speeding ticket binge. Observation since then is that not too much has changed.

We can check into the Lodge after 2pm. There is a key lock box, but I don't know the combo yet.

What to bring:
  • pillow
  • sleeping bag/blankets
  • fan (if you want one on you for sleeping there is no AC)
  • swimsuit - for the river & we're bringing a kiddie pool to cool off in
  • towel & shower supplies
  • Beverages of choice - generally everyone brings their own booze and there is much beer trading/sharing, which is to say open coolers, root as you will
  • cash or check for your portion of the weekend
  • Lights for night riding

Treesaw will be doing the grocery shopping Wednesday, but right now, cost is looking like:
  • $65-70 per person for those staying at the lodge and
  • $25-30 per person for food only

Note: To be updated today (Wednesday)

Directions to the lodge (in case anyone needs them).

Roll call:
Here's what I've go so far....if your name is bold & italic, please fill me in on the missing detail(s) like length and day of your stay:

Monkeys staying at the lodge
TreeSaw Th-M
Sq-Earl Th-M
BadDNA Th-Su
Vero Th-Su
Lisa Th-Su
JBP Th-M
MudGirl Th-M
Melou Th-M
Yelo Th-M
Sandwich Fri-Sun
Crombie1 Th-Su
Iceball585 Th-Su
Greggah Th-Su
BikeGeek Th-Su
D2 Th-M
ridemike Th-Su
Maddog17 F-
Casey-Ryan F-
Idluv2 Th-
w00dy

Food Only:
Jozz Fri-Sat
QuoFan Th-Su
BigT Th-Su
Splat F-Su
Maggie F-Su
Jess F-Su
Peter F-Su
DNA F-Su
Mrs. DNA F-Su
IAB F-Su
MBC F-Su

Need confirmation from:
gonefirefightin
jonKranked
brungeman

Take note: We do not tear the place up, antagonize the locals, get in fights with each other &c &c. We drink up a storm but civility reigns.

Last edited by a moderator:

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I highly doubt I'll be able to make it to the Summer Monkeyfest this year with the baby coming in June :(

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to the Fall one though.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Man would I like to go. Lot on my plate this summer though, including my 10 year anniversary right before the proposed dates, and a wedding of a buddy I can not miss July 28th :headbang::weee:. Afraid I'm out for another summer. Fall, perhaps.

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
I'm good with that!!

Who exactly is iceball585? Answer in PM if need to...

And I can help with what ever is needed this year, got plenty of vacations so I got time on my hand...

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
That's right after my birthday, I could swing that!

Is it more of a DH spot, or XC?

I figure I have to fly, so Yeti 303, Yeti ASR-5, or Intense SS?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
If I shipped one, and hockey bagged the other, I might be able to make it work. I wonder if I can get some of the TFK road crew to make it up there. Maybe drop the GF in NYC, drive up from there.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We should be able to swing that :) Warning -- I will be drinking beer again this time!!!

I'll send a message to the lodge guy and see what he thinks. We're thinking Thursday-Sunday again if there is enough interest.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
We should be able to swing that :) Warning -- I will be drinking beer again this time!!!

I'll send a message to the lodge guy and see what he thinks. We're thinking Thursday-Sunday again if there is enough interest.
You're gonna try to go to VT only 2 months after having your baby?

Yelo

Monkey
Aug 3, 2008
Quebec city, Quebec, Canada
Why not?

And on that note, anyone against us having our child with us? She'll be 10 months old at that time.... We'd like to be with all of you guys for the week-end BUT if anyone is against it, we'll go somewhere else to sleep and join you for the day. Please voice your opinion freely (but civilized) now but please don't complain during or after the W-E if we happen to be with you.

Also, "if" we are staying with you guys, I call the second bed room for the 3 of us.... :)

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
That's right after my birthday, I could swing that!

Is it more of a DH spot, or XC?

I figure I have to fly, so Yeti 303, Yeti ASR-5, or Intense SS?
If you're bringing one bike, make it the ASR-5 for maximum enjoyment. Just be prepared to jump with it as well.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
Well talked it over with the wife and there is a slight chance I can make the Summer Monkeyfest. If everything goes well with the baby coming in the end of June and my wife still being on maternity leave from work that week... then she'll let me go.

Unfortunately I'll be a maybe until a few weeks before. Hopefully everything will work out in my favor.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
not sure what my july is looking like. Won't until probably june... but I plan to spend more time @ KT this year for sure.