Quantcast

New Apple releases

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Will I need a tripod for my phone or do I just hold my phone up to my face really steady?
Dilbert Necktie.

FWIW when I was in Hong Kong, one of my counterparts over there showed it to me. It wasn't exactly great, but I was impressed by the fact that they had it.

correct, but full roll out will be around the same time as verizons
I'm not holding my breath for either of them to hit their target dates.

schweino1

Monkey
Dec 6, 2004
come down to Tijuana, get a Telcel Iphone and voila... you have MMS service... i dont use it tough.. pic quality gets chopped... i email everything...

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Not really part of the discussion but something that is pretty big the the Iphone.

Is there anyone else here that has had success with tethering? I finally sat down and did the tethering hack to my 3g about 4 months ago and have been running it extensively to see its capabilities and to see if I would incur any charges.

Speeds aren't amazing but are on par with the 3g browsing in wireless. I have used it in a few mountain parking lots where I cannot get wireless for the MBP.

I have yet to incur any charges from AT&T.

So far so good.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
If you use tethering, monitor your usage. Those "unlimited" plans are really only about ~1GB transfer/month.
I have monitored usage and I have also been doing quite a bit of transferring to see if there was a cap and I would start to incur charges but I have yet to.

I will keep you posted.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Recent exchange with a friend:

"Dude, I can't see the photos you send me."

"I thought you had a magic iPhone."

"I have an iPhone, but it doesn't support MMS."

"What?"

"Just email the photos to me."

"I don't have email on my phone."

"All right, later."
man if i had a nickle for everytime i wasted 10 msg's on the same convo...it is the only thing that drives me nuts about the phone but i am willing to give that up for how much easier it makes my life.