Quantcast

No more kids for me.....got snipped today

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
This has been a topic of discussion in my house as of late as well. I think we're going to try for one more young 'un by the end of the year and then it's ::snip, snip:: for my boys as well.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McGRP01 said:
This has been a topic of discussion in my house as of late as well. I think we're going to try for one more young 'un by the end of the year and then it's ::snip, snip:: for my boys as well.

Yeah... I'm 40 and my wife is 39 and we DO NOT want an "Uh-Oh" kid at this point... who wants to deal with a teenager when you're 55?

:dead:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
zane said:
I don't have any kids and my girlfriend (wife-to-be) and I agreed never to have any. There's enough kids in the world already and we'll have a hell of a lot more fun without little ones running around.
I admire your choice.

But you underestimate the fun of your own children. They're the funnest thing in the world....... and I've done some living. :D

-S.S.-

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
McGRP01 said:
This is similar to our plan. We currently have one child. Last week we decided to throw caution to the wind and see what happens. One more and then we're done. We haven't really talked about the snip-snip part, but I have no problem with it.

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
It's in my future too. #2 is due on 7/4, so I figure about 9 months or so after that I'll get fixed. Spring mud season sounds about the right time to do it. That way I won't be sitting around missing out on good riding weather.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morryjg said:
It's in my future too. #2 is due on 7/4, so I figure about 9 months or so after that I'll get fixed. Spring mud season sounds about the right time to do it. That way I won't be sitting around missing out on good riding weather.
Dude - mud season is like 2 days long. You'll never time it right. :p

-S.S.-

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
SkaredShtles said:
Dude - mud season is like 2 days long. You'll never time it right. :p

-S.S.-
Mud season on the north side of the the hills in the shade. Of course, that's only mud for a short time too. It's ice all the rest of the time. :dead: At least I won't have to worry about missing high country riding in the spring.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Morryjg said:
Mud season on the north side of the the hills in the shade. Of course, that's only mud for a short time too. It's ice all the rest of the time. :dead: At least I won't have to worry about missing high country riding in the spring.
No.... but you might miss some spring pow! Late April, 2001:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
The Monk said:
It's always mud season at Jesus's house. :oink:
bwahahahaha!

btw, what makes it "so worth it"? my wife's on the pill now, so from my (selfish) perspective, what is the benefit for me? i get sore nuts for a few days and get to hand some used spunk captured in a jar to a nurse, versus no sore nuts? :confused:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Being on the pill isn't a sure fire way to avoid pregnancy, I know a couple people who've had kids while being on the pill. Getting snipped is a permanant solution to the problem, and the procedure is pretty much guaranteed to work (I know there's random cases where it didn't work but that's like .01 % of the sucessful operations).

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
I bet this worked pretty well.

Wales rugby fan loses his tackle
Tuesday, 08 Feb 2005 12:57

A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles when Wales beat England in their Six Nations opener at the weekend.

Geoff Huish had so little faith in his side's ability to beat the world champions that he made a rash promise before the match.

"If Wales win I'll cut my balls off," the 26-year-old told friends at Leigh social club in Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan.

But when his side won 11-9, Mr Huish refused to welsh on his pledge. He went home and severed them with a knife before returning to show friends what he had done.

"He came back later wearing a kilt with his testicles in a bag," a fellow fan who was with Mr Huish at the social club told the Daily Mirror.

"He lifted the kilt up to show everyone what he had done. There was blood everywhere, it was terrible. That's when he collapsed."

Mr Huish was rushed to hospital with his testicles carried in a pint glass full of ice. He is now in a serious condition. Police told the newspaper that he had a history of mental problems.

Dr Ian Banks of the Men's Health Forum commented: "This is a horrific injury. There are so many veins down there, I'm surprised he didn't bleed to death."

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Wumpus said:
I bet this worked pretty well.

Wales rugby fan loses his tackle
Tuesday, 08 Feb 2005 12:57

A Welsh rugby fan cut off his own testicles when Wales beat England in their Six Nations opener at the weekend.

Geoff Huish had so little faith in his side's ability to beat the world champions that he made a rash promise before the match.

"If Wales win I'll cut my balls off," the 26-year-old told friends at Leigh social club in Caerphilly, Mid Glamorgan.

But when his side won 11-9, Mr Huish refused to welsh on his pledge. He went home and severed them with a knife before returning to show friends what he had done.

"He came back later wearing a kilt with his testicles in a bag," a fellow fan who was with Mr Huish at the social club told the Daily Mirror.

"He lifted the kilt up to show everyone what he had done. There was blood everywhere, it was terrible. That's when he collapsed."

Mr Huish was rushed to hospital with his testicles carried in a pint glass full of ice. He is now in a serious condition. Police told the newspaper that he had a history of mental problems.

Dr Ian Banks of the Men's Health Forum commented: "This is a horrific injury. There are so many veins down there, I'm surprised he didn't bleed to death."
This story is making ME cringe and I'm stoshlike!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
zane said:
Being on the pill isn't a sure fire way to avoid pregnancy.
true dat. 2 of my girlfriend's sisters have gotten pregnant while on BC. one was on Ortho, and the other on the patch.

K, the one on Ortho, now has 2 kids because of the pill not working. her husband is now snipped.

M, the one on the patch, gave birth to her little girl about a year ago. her husband is soon to get snipped.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
narlus said:
bwahahahaha!

btw, what makes it "so worth it"? my wife's on the pill now, so from my (selfish) perspective, what is the benefit for me? i get sore nuts for a few days and get to hand some used spunk captured in a jar to a nurse, versus no sore nuts? :confused:
Because you'll never have to worry about getting her pregnant, her forgetting to take the pill or the pill not working. And if she DOES get pregnant, she's got a lot of explaining to do.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
lovebunny said:
whats wrong w/ shaving it? i shave mine as per my gfs request and she goes down there alot more now. and its alot cleaner feeling and looking too
Ahh-HAA! Nice try there, bunnyboy, but the 'shaving the junk' thread has already been played out. Suffice it to say that if you are a male and do so, you either have other hygiene issues or are trying to keep your small sapling from being lost in the weeds. Would you paint your nails purple if you were offered more head? Be a man and let your tackle hang proudly and unlike something Michael Jackson would want to cuddle up with!

I hear you guys, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm very protective of my boys, you see!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Ahh-HAA! Nice try there, bunnyboy, but the 'shaving the junk' thread has already been played out. Suffice it to say that if you are a male and do so, you either have other hygiene issues or are trying to keep your small sapling from being lost in the weeds. Would you paint your nails purple if you were offered more head? Be a man and let your tackle hang proudly and unlike something Michael Jackson would want to cuddle up with!

I hear you guys, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I'm very protective of my boys, you see!
AHAHAHAHAHAAH! nice analogy!

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
llkoolkeg said:

how do you feel about shaving eyebrows? like, if you have one giant eyebrow when you should have two? do you shave a patch from the middle or be a uni-brower?

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
my surgery was covered....i guess they'd rather pay for that surgery than for my wife to have another baby :D

dude...it really didnt hurt that bad......until 6 weeks later when i smacked my boys on the seat after coming up short on a double.......all i can say is -bartlett pear- for size comparison :eek: still not back to normal after over 6 months, i'm just too busy to get to the DR to have it checked out. so just be careful afterwards and you'll be alright.

luv2rideu

Chimp
Feb 16, 2005
Austin TX
It amazes me to realize how popular this procedeure is! I remember my dad calling me the day he had it done, so wonderful of him to share...I had nightmares for a week :angry: Id pay for the clips though, cuz I'm way too indecisive......by the way... makes me glad I'm an athiest with jesus's butt fetishes and the preists liking kids way too much! :nope:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
llkoolkeg said:

i dont agree. it feels cleaner. i think im just gonna keep it trimmed. but it was outa contoll before

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
I've got to make an appt. with my primary to get a referal for the big snip. Our second child is due Jan. 17th and then I'm done!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
McGRP01 said:
I've got to make an appt. with my primary to get a referal for the big snip. Our second child is due Jan. 17th and then I'm done!

Our local bike shop wrench got snipped THEN found out his wife was pregnet. Apparently that pre-snip fooling around got him in trouble.

:p

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
zane said:
Being on the pill isn't a sure fire way to avoid pregnancy, I know a couple people who've had kids while being on the pill. Getting snipped is a permanant solution to the problem, and the procedure is pretty much guaranteed to work (I know there's random cases where it didn't work but that's like .01 % of the sucessful operations).
yep, pill is not 100% effective. There is a failure rate on it. about 2/100 according to the FDA.
Plus, from the women's point of view, it's really not good to be messing with the hormones like that for years and years. There's a lot to be said for knowing that you are done, done, done.... very stress reducing.