Quantcast

Noble Canyon this Sat

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Hey there. Another lurker turning public. Anyhoo, wanted to see if anybody was going to be riding @ Noble Canyon this Sat (18th). A group of us from the LA/OC area will be attempting to locate a motel near the area friday night(suggestions are welcome:biggrin: ) and then riding the trail around 7 or 8 the next morning. We would love to ride w/ a couple of locals who can show us around the trail and we'll even love to shuttle you up (given that you can shuttle us back to our car afterwards:cheers:).

Warning, we arent that hardcore and just looking for a few casual riders who wont try to kill us on the rough parts.

If not, can anybody point us to a webpage w/ detailed maps of the trail?

Cheers,

rowdstar

Chimp
Oct 26, 2006
san diego
stay some place in alpine. even el cajon will get you that much closer.

there is a full lenght vidoe of the entire trail on video.google if you type in noble canyon for your search. give ya a heads up.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Thanks for the link. Damn this trail is just amazing, may just need to call in sick Friday to get 2 days of riding in. :biggrin:

Once again, thanks for all the feedback. Maybe I'll see some of you @ Fontana on Sunday (as a spectator of course).

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
looks very nice the trail...how many time needs the trail when you are going fast? I didnt know that SD has so many forest;)
have you to pedal a lot or is it always downhill? i would like to visit the trail with some other guys.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
looks very nice the trail...how many time needs the trail when you are going fast? I didnt know that SD has so many forest;)
have you to pedal a lot or is it always downhill? i would like to visit the trail with some other guys.
Come Friday bro. I'll be making the trip from the LA area to be riding in the early afternoon. (given that you dont have school or work, b/c I would never condone playing hookie:biggrin: )

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
there's a hotel in Alpine, I can't imagine it ever fills up. Exit the 8 at Tavern rd and turn left immediately into the first driveway next to the Carl's Jr. Noble isn't all downhill, but there is one good hill climb about a mile from the downhill end of the trail. I've had my wife shuttle for me and ridden to the lower trailhead faster than she could get the car there.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Oh yeah, if you're down to camp, Big Laguna Lake camp ground isn't far from the top of the trailhead. Too bad you aren't going next week instead, I'd be down there to ride with you.

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
Had the opportunity to ride Noble on Friday. Lucky enough to meet 2 locals (Justin and Nick) who wanted to shuttle and were also kind enough to show us the entire trail starting at the Laguna Lake area.

This trail kicks ass. You can't beat this scenery and buffed single track anywhere (that I know of) in the LA or OC area. Now I truly understand why this trail is so highly spoke of w/ the challenging rock gardens and tight switchbacks.

Thanks again to Justin and Nick for being so hosipitable in showing two complete strangers your awesome playground and sorry again if we slowed you guys down:cheers: . You San Diegans are truly blessed to have such a kick ass trail in your backyards.

Hope to ride it again, real real soon and it was well worth the 2 hour drive.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
I rode Noble on Saturday with two friends of mine, separate from the group organized on here. As always around this time of year, or basically anytime other than Summer, the trail was in very good condition. I didn't take any pics, as we were having too much fun to stop riding. I plan on riding Noble again on Dec 9 if any of you guys are interested. Perhaps a new thread will have to be started for that ride. happy trails.

SoCal Life

Chimp
Nov 30, 2006
San Diego
What up fellas,

You mind if a few more riders join your group ride on Dec 9th? It might just be me, but if there is 3 of us, we'd have a truck to help shuttle.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
What up fellas,

You mind if a few more riders join your group ride on Dec 9th? It might just be me, but if there is 3 of us, we'd have a truck to help shuttle.

Count me in. We don't have to start real early this time of the year unless you wanna wear warmers. 8:30-9AM, at the Mountain Market? PM me for details and confirmation. I wanna ride. What bikes are you guys brining?

socalpride

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
Encinitas CA
Hey i think me and two buddies can meet there on the 9th also.....that is if you dont mind. Im from San Diego and ive never been so it sounds like a chance to.

bneall

Monkey
Aug 23, 2006
Culver City
im down for this, ive never rode it.:shocked:

it seems a bit random though, not sure if I could get a shuttle seat?

anyone wanna coordinate this more? Im in for shuttle only, bringing a big bike.:busted:

Gregor

Monkey
Oct 8, 2006
Lake Louise, AB
could anyone give me a description to find the trail? i wasnt there before. I will come from san ysidro. Who will come? and will there be a shuttle, because I have my big bike!

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
Okee, I'd like to really ride...
Who's in? mtg at 9AM at the Mountain Market parking lot (not the gas station in front of the intersection). I have two coming so far. Holler. Bring your p/up truck. :)