Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2004, save the date

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Thanks again for everything, Mark!! Looking forward to this weekend!

OK, so it looks like the following people are up for a Friday noonish ride:

Team Deyv
MMcG
Douglas
Jackson
JBP
Pigboy
Splat
TreeSaw
Squirell
Me

Do we want to schedule a time/place to meet? How about noon at the bike shop?

Cool, cool! I wasn't expecting a ride like this Friday! :dancing:

NOON!?

not sure if we'd make that......

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
johnbryanpeters said:
Friday Partly sunny. Highs around 80.
Friday night Partly cloudy. Lows around 60.
Saturday Partly sunny. Highs around 80.
Saturday night Partly cloudy. Lows around 60.
Sunday Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers. Highs in the upper 70s. Chance of rain 30 percent.
:dancing: YEAH!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
douglas said:
NOON!?

Well, whenever you can make it. :) If some people (like myself) get there early and want to start riding, we can keep checking back at camp to see who's arrived. There are a few trails around camp that we can keep riding over and over.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
Thanks again for everything, Mark!! Looking forward to this weekend!

Team Deyv
MMcG
Douglas
Jackson
JBP
Pigboy
Splat
TreeSaw
Squirell
Me

Do we want to schedule a time/place to meet? How about noon at the bike shop?

Cool, cool! I wasn't expecting a ride like this Friday! :dancing:

Jeesh. I guess I better make other plans then :confused: ....jdcamb

MtnBikerNJ

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
jerrrrrsey
so for those of us that have to work friday and can't leave until after work (get there late friday evening) - I'm guessing its 7 hours from new jersey with NYC traffic - how late can I get there (some campgrounds won't let you in after certain hours). I'm going to try to get out of work pretty early but no garauntees...

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
NOON!?

Awww, c'mon man... we can get up early and make that ride. Then setup camp after, just in time for dinner and/or another ride.

Of course, I can say that because I have no idea how far this place is from your house.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I Are Baboon said:

Team Deyv
MMcG
Douglas
Jackson
JBP
Pigboy
Splat
TreeSaw
Squirell
Me
As the slowest, most out of shape person in the bunch... I got dibs on the tail gunner spot in the group!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I Are Baboon said:
D'oh!!!! Sorry, Jim! Actually, I'd like my first ride to be in the campground neck of the woods. Dead Moose Alley, baby!
I heard from JT that they rerouted it? I hope it is still as fun.....jdcamb

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MtnBikerNJ said:
so for those of us that have to work friday and can't leave until after work (get there late friday evening) - I'm guessing its 7 hours from new jersey with NYC traffic - how late can I get there (some campgrounds won't let you in after certain hours). I'm going to try to get out of work pretty early but no garauntees...
If you're staying at the Burke Mtn campground, I'm not sure if they close the gates at night or not. I doubt it since I seem to remember seeing late check-in instructions posted at the gate. You can call 802.626.1390 to confirm.

I don't think NEGladerider has a curfew in place at his camp, so I'm sure you can "check-in" whenever. :D

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
BikeGeek said:
Phil - I have a spare tent and sleeping bag, maybe a thermarest pad. You'd be welcome to use them.
I appreciate the offer, but Psycle-on and Tammy have a large tent and I'm going to crash with them. Thanks anyway!!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
jacksonpt said:
Awww, c'mon man... we can get up early and make that ride. Then setup camp after, just in time for dinner and/or another ride.

Of course, I can say that because I have no idea how far this place is from your house.

I'm thinking 4 hours....plus we were planning to convoy up with MMcG, and he's always late :rolleyes:

plus it would be nice to have time to eat lunch before we go out on a 3 or so hour ride

but, if you & MMcG want to do that noon ride...I'm in :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
douglas said:
I'm thinking 4 hours....plus we were planning to convoy up with MMcG, and he's always late :rolleyes:

plus it would be nice to have time to eat lunch before we go out on a 3 or so hour ride

but, if you & MMcG want to do that noon ride...I'm in :thumb:
Douglas - my plans have changed quite a bit - I still plan to be there, but instead of convoying with you - I may end up driving myself from here in CT or riding with MBC and IAB.

Dog sitting problems have arisen and I'm trying to figure the whole thing out.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
MMcG said:
Douglas - my plans have changed quite a bit - I still plan to be there, but instead of convoying with you - I may end up driving myself from here in CT or riding with MBC and IAB.

Dog sitting problems have arisen and I'm trying to figure the whole thing out.
okey dokey

I thought IRB was making the trip solo - while MBC stays home & packs ??

Deyv

Deyvil
Mar 26, 2002
Montreal
Anyone knows the freeride potential of this weekend. I don't want to bring the big guns for nothing.

Mark, any big stunts and jumps on your land like last year, it was a blast:thumb:

Any new freeride/dh trails worth a big squishy bike?

Thanks guys, with Squeak coming over from CO, I can only bring 2 bikes :angry: :D life is hard I tell you!

BTW. Stosh , I can't believe you are still not coming this year :(

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Anybody like fresh tuna? I have a 3 to 4 pound tuna fillet that was caught last week in my freezer. I'll bring it if we have a grill to cook it on and if people are interested.

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Deyv said:
Thanks guys, with Squeak coming over from CO, I can only bring 2 bikes :angry: :D life is hard I tell you!

BTW. Stosh , I can't believe you are still not coming this year :(

:angry: :eviltongu

Blame the American, I see how it is.

;)

Steff

Chimp
Dec 3, 2003
Sherwood Forest
I'll be there this week-end for my 1st MonkeyFest. :thumb:

I will probably arrive Friday in the afternoon if I can find a babysitter for my baby because my girlfriend will work late Friday. Otherwise, I 'll be there in the same time as Jozz and Karine during the evening.

I'll have a tent with 2 rooms, so if somebody needs a place, you're welcome!

Just two more "dodo" before this great week-end!!!!!! Yeahhh!!!

splat

Nam I am
I Are Baboon said:
It's right in the center of town. You pass it on the way to Monkeycamp. We should just plan on meeting at camp, since eveyone is staying there anyway.
I'll stop by the bike shop to get my Trail pass for friday , then proced to monkey camp.

So what time is the Night run down Moose alley going to occur :thumb: :thumb: :dancing: :evil:

Don't for get you lights !