Quantcast

Northeast Monkeyfest 2005

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MMcG said:
I hope so - she doesn't like to camp though. Any extra rooms in that b&b??
Yes but don't wait too long to make a reservation. They fill up fast once the nice weather comes. There is no payment required to book a room, but you do need to give a credit card number.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Yes but don't wait too long to make a reservation. They fill up fast once the nice weather comes. There is no payment required to book a room, but you do need to give a credit card number.
I think JT and Lisa should just loan us Chez JT and Lisa! :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
is this a multi-day deal? just figuring out what sort of attendance me and/or my wife could swing, and what baby sitting favors we'd need to call in.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
narlus said:
is this a multi-day deal? just figuring out what sort of attendance me and/or my wife could swing, and what baby sitting favors we'd need to call in.
YOu can stay for a day or you can stay for two or three.

It would be great if you and Mrs. Narlus could make it! :)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
narlus said:
Most of us roll into town at various times Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. Some people just come for Saturday and leave Sunday morning. Really, whenever you want to come is totally up to you.

For those of us who get there early enough Friday, we usually try to get a late afternoon ride in.

splat

Nam I am
Echo said:
I thought we took it pretty easy, everyone always waited for everyone. Anyone on a SS certainly appreciates the rest time :D
you were looking pretty spent on that SS toward the end of the ride , especilly when you swapped bikes with tweek.

I Are Baboon said:
For those of us who get there early enough Friday, we usually try to get a late afternoon ride in.
and don't forget about the night ride down Moose alley!

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Echo said:
I thought we took it pretty easy, everyone always waited for everyone. Anyone on a SS certainly appreciates the rest time :D

yup everyone did wait.........I was bonked from about 1/2 way thru on, and I didnt get left in the woods! :D

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
I Are Baboon said:
Most of us roll into town at various times Friday and leave Sunday afternoon. Some people just come for Saturday and leave Sunday morning. Really, whenever you want to come is totally up to you.

yup...last year I did a friday afternoon ride, a latter in the day ride, then a night ride including going back up that big arse hill back to camp (as fast as I could), then the big ride on Saturday, followed by a saturday night ride........

oh plus you can always ride the stunts/jumps at the camp

dang...I'm tired just thinking about riding that much

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
McGRP01 said:
No kidding! :dead: I'm not sure I can hang with you guys, I'll be off-the-back all day long. :(
Bah, don't worry about it, everyone has a great time, and I've never heard anyone complain about the pace being too fast OR too slow :)

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
So is this actually going down because it sounds like a lot of fun to me. If so lets get a confirmed place and date and I'm down, always a good time riding some bikes, having some beers, and meeting some new people.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
GumbaFish said:
So is this actually going down because it sounds like a lot of fun to me. If so lets get a confirmed place and date and I'm down, always a good time riding some bikes, having some beers, and meeting some new people.

Date is already set! July 22-24th!

This will be the third Monkeyfest I believe so it's definitely going to go down! :dancing:

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
I can't plan that far in advance, but if I remember the weekend before, I should be able to make it.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Echo said:
I'll be coming with several police officers in case you decide to "wrestle" anyone. So shut the fu#k up.

I think we should all chill and just let JerseyDave come if he wants to.

Let's take the high road monkeys! :thumb:

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Of course I'll be there. Unless everyone bails because you decided to try and prove your manliness and ruin everyone's fun.

JerseyDave if you have something to say to me feel free to PM me. Any personal crap you post here will be gone.