Quantcast

NSFW but too good not to share

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I really don't get the point of having two separate damping circuits. It just strikes me as unnecessary complication and weight and expense. I'd be interested if they made a streamlined, cheaper version with one set of adjusters and without the toggle switch. A more traditional climb switch that firms up the LSC by some non-adjustable amount would be fine, but I don't need that either.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I really don't get the point of having two separate damping circuits. It just strikes me as unnecessary complication and weight and expense. I'd be interested if they made a streamlined, cheaper version with one set of adjusters and without the toggle switch. A more traditional climb switch that firms up the LSC by some non-adjustable amount would be fine, but I don't need that either.
Ok, but how will I ride a knolly without this?

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I really don't get the point of having two separate damping circuits. It just strikes me as unnecessary complication and WEIGHT and expense. I'd be interested if they made a streamlined, cheaper version with one set of adjusters and without the toggle switch. A more traditional climb switch that firms up the LSC by some non-adjustable amount would be fine, but I don't need that either.
More importantly it would drop some weight. Those things work well but are a little pigly wiggly
That too, I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
What I really want is a coil shock and an air shock, with a switch to choose between them.

I want to carry both at all times, I feel this is important for an enduro bike: it needs to be as heavy as possible.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Ok, but how will I ride a knolly without this?
aren't most knolly owners spending the majority of their time maintaining the 12 pivots required for the suspension to work weirdly? can't imagine that leaves a lot of time to ride.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What I really want is a coil shock and an air shock, with a switch to choose between them.

I want to carry both at all times, I feel this is important for an enduro bike: it needs to be as heavy as possible.
You can put the spare one in your camelback along with all your extra stems.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
That's been around for a while. Just let the air out of your 29 wheel. It'll roll slower and everything too.
Yeah but that doesn't add cost or redundancy.
I'm looking for a product that is expensive, heavy, and has unnecessary features.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
a few years ago in Moab I shuttled friends for laps of Dave's trail and first lap one guy was locked out. :rofl:
Did that on a run down Bromont a few years ago on the old Banshee. But figures, it was the Fox 36 Van that blew its bladder out on that run. :brow:

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
While we're at it, see if he can come with a layout and color anodizing theme that isn't the design equivalent of HEY FUCKING LOOK AT THIS PUSH SHOCK! I'M TOTALLY A PUSH SHOCK!! CAN YOU TELL THIS IS A SHOCK MADE BY PUSH!!!!?????
Isn't showing the poors that you spent $1200 on a shock like, 90% of the point?

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
Isn't showing the poors that you spent $1200 on a shock like, 90% of the point?
as someone who lives near and rides in the hell hole that is the center of the pivot cycles cult, this is spot fucking on. regardless of component, it must be expensive, it must be noticeable from no less than 30 feet away and there must be a pack of them.

edit to clarify - the riding isn't the hell hole. the over abundance of decked out pivots creates a hell hole.

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
as someone who lives near and rides in the hell hole that is the center of the pivot cycles cult, this is spot fucking on. regardless of component, it must be expensive, it must be noticeable from no less than 30 feet away and there must be a pack of them.

edit to clarify - the riding isn't the hell hole. the over abundance of decked out pivots creates a hell hole.
I didn't know you were in Boston. :monkeydance:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Boston? given the numbers, I just assumed pivot didn't sell any bikes outside a 20 mile radius of south mountain in AZ.
It's like a blast zone.

You're at ground zero. Less spatter the further out, but still some very real shrapnel.

see also: yeti/denver, norco/vancouver, intense/socal asians, santa cruz/hella norcal, ellsworth/haha yeah right.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
It's like a blast zone.

You're at ground zero. Less spatter the further out, but still some very real shrapnel.

see also: yeti/denver, norco/vancouver, intense/socal asians, santa cruz/hella norcal, ellsworth/haha yeah right.
Add Evil in Seattle to that list.

A couple months ago I had a guy on a Wreckoning try to dissuade me from dropping into a trail that I've ridden probably literally 100 times because he thought it would be too much for me to handle on my hardtail. :rofl:

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
It's like a blast zone.

my curiosity lies with how long the toxic fallout will last. I miss the days of understated turners confidently cruising past broken cannondales.

I heard there was an aggro ellsworth clique in laguna beach.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Add Evil in Seattle to that list.

A couple months ago I had a guy on a Wreckoning try to dissuade me from dropping into a trail that I've ridden probably literally 100 times because he thought it would be too much for me to handle on my hardtail. :rofl:
Guy up on the top of OTG trying to tell me and others how we can't ride down the trail clipped in and how we gotta use flats.

Kinda whupped his ass, but no big deal. Some good local riders making a lot out of not-a-lot of travel though.

Maybe your Dentist was looking out for you.