Quantcast

'nuther 24 thread, my new whip pix

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm stoked, been a long time coming. took forever to get parts to build this, mainly my fault. just glad it's done. check it.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
escapeartist said:
How come you get all the cool bikes? What happened to the Nemesis?
selling the nemesis dawg. Leethal talked me into one of these. It fits my riding more I think. Plus I can't see demolishing that nemesis with my learning curve, it's too nice, not that the USB is not, just two different kinds of bikes.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
that's why I didn't get the jesme's - I heard the same thing. They are the GI model. I don't think I'll be bending them anytime soon. There is a weight penalty but I like them all the same.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice job on the paint! Is this your street-only bike or an everything bike?

I'm trying to decide between a Fall Guy (I think it's a bit too small for my liking), a Molly, or a Nemesis of some kind. I'll be doing everything from parks to Djs to street to pump tracks. Do you think the Molly is too quick and street-ish for that?

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Bicyclist said:
I'm trying to decide between a Fall Guy (I think it's a bit too small for my liking), a Molly, or a Nemesis of some kind.
I think you couldn't go wrong w/ any of those three.

Bicyclist said:
I'll be doing everything from parks to Djs to street to pump tracks. Do you think the Molly is too quick and street-ish for that?
Nope, it will not be too quick. It might take a bit to get used to the 71-72 deg HT angle and the BB height but once you do you'll relize you were missing it all along. I can say that the Molly geometry is dialed for DJ's. Or I should say real "Trails" as it works great on multiple set runs that are tight w/ steep lips and landings. The Molly makes park squirrels like me look decent and when someone good is riding it - look out. IIRC, Sean and Lee ride a lot of street and they're the ones that designed it, so I'm sure it will work great there too.

Like I said above, all 3 makers should work great but I can really vouch for the Molly. Holler if you have any questions on it.

Leethal

Turbo Monkey
Oct 27, 2001
Avondale (Phoenix)
Looks great!!!!

Bicyclist the geometry will work great for everything you mentioned... Someone will argue with me but the biggest difference ( in my eyes :rolleyes: ) between a DJ frame and a Street frame is the final weight of the frame... A true DJ rig (for an experienced rider.. Like the DON :) ) can be built lighter since they will never grind with the frame. I point to the Standard Bykes 250L and the 250S as a perfect example..

Of course if said DJ frame is too light or the rider is still in a steep learning curve, bad things can happen...

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
That chain sets the bike off so well... good lookin' machine you got there. Give her all the love and abuse she deserves.

I don't want to derail this thread, but since there was a brief discussion regarding atomlab bars, I have a quick question: has anyone have any info related to the durability of the trailpimp ss bar?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Leethal said:
Looks great!!!!

Bicyclist the geometry will work great for everything you mentioned... Someone will argue with me but the biggest difference ( in my eyes :rolleyes: ) between a DJ frame and a Street frame is the final weight of the frame... A true DJ rig (for an experienced rider.. Like the DON :) ) can be built lighter since they will never grind with the frame. I point to the Standard Bykes 250L and the 250S as a perfect example..

Of course if said DJ frame is too light or the rider is still in a steep learning curve, bad things can happen...
I've noticed that "street" bikes tend to be big and bulky. I tend to build my street bikes more like DJ bikes- no pegs, light, simple. So I guess a light street bike would work well for me.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
mine was a purplish red...they are working on a new production run and I don't know what the new colors are proposed to be.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Cool. That or a Death Mobile are high on my list.

Since you've owned both a Nemesis and a Molly, what's the weight difference like?

What's the "feel" of each? I get the vibe that the Molly is like a big BMX and the Nemesis is more of a mountain bike-feel. Is that correct?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
both bikes are about as good as it gets and I've owned A LOT of frames over the years. I would prolly feel more comfortable on the agent for bigger hit stuff but I think the molly would shine in the park and on techy style tricks. two totally different bikes though. I would imagine the death mobile with a 110 spaced rear-end would be a tough cookie. It's nice to have choices these days!

BTW, I just weighed the molly and it came in at 30.2 lbs. I'm pretty happy with that.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'll try to get some aktion pix tomorrow. Tooling around the driveway, the bike feels awesome. I look forward to getting used to it and learning new stuff...

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
yea thats the stem with just one bolt to clamp everything together right? its working pretty well? easy to put on? that thing intrigues me

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
yeah, that stem rocks. uber light and extremely functional - for 25.4 bars only.

Lee, sorry about the frame decals. After spending six hours taking the power-coat and rattle can off, I was tired of effin' with it :)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
The stem is actually 22.2mm. Those things scare me; when you hit your bars backwards with a hammer, a wedge shoots out...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
why would you hit your bars with a hammer? and yeah, I mis-stated the diameter clamp size.

I've been punishing that stem pretty good and the only mishap is that the bars moved a little to the side when I wrecked at the concrete park. Other than that, they're butta...