Quantcast

Official Fort Bill thread...

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Info on the web is sparse to nonexsistent right now.......would love to see some pics and get some commentary.

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
All right gents, Fort Bill is two things... WET and COLD.

The DH track is cut up beyond belief, super strong head winds this morning, none yesterday, but the head winds were strong on Thursday. So if the winds pic up or change they could play havoc in DH quali tomorrow.

4x was last night, Prokop was 1st in quali and he was flying and I mean flying, Rennie looked good, Lopes looked confused, Longdon had the best bail over the quad, that I have ever seen, funny stuff, I have it on video, might post it later.

The DH track is changing every run, so far I've heard that the Athertons are looking fast, as is Hill and Lehikoinen. The usual suspects really. The start list says Lopes is gonna ride the DH.
Whoever has the most energy come race time is gonna win it and that wind could play a huge part in everything. Mik Hannah, Peat, Rennie, Barel and Minnaar are the strongest in these conditions, but who knows? The sun is out and the XC is on now, the Women to be exact, so I am off to look at skinny birds in tight lycra.

If I can blag my way into this media tent again I will give you some more updates.

Slan Abhaile form Scotland!

derry

Chimp
May 27, 2006
The dh practice is over and the practice run times are out;
Mens,
Marc Beaumont 4:38:05
Dan Stanbridge 4:41:77
Gee Atherton 4:44:34
Steve Peat 4:45:17
Matti Lehikoinen 4:45:34

Womens,
Danika Schroeter 5:19:79
Tracy Moseley 5:38:92
Mio Suemaser 5:43:62
Rachel atherton 5:43:72
Sabrina Jonnier 5:44:52

So the mud is getting deeper but the weather looks better fot the finals, lets see what happens tomorrow.

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Christiaan said:
That is not Kovarik! First of all, he wouldn't ride a rediculous pisspot helmet, and he's got long hair, this guy hasn't!

There is a another guy on the team that was sporting these wheels last year, probably him
Besides the fact that Kovarik cut his hair this year and has been sighted in a 'piss pot' helmet. You may still be correct though.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
black noise said:
I think Lopes qualified a little slower than 2nd... I can see several people with faster times than his. His rank is 2.
Yo Hella NorCal
Lopes finished 2nd behind Prokop in the final race, you are reading qualifiers.
Get with the program...

Rye_Bread

Monkey
Mar 22, 2006
Boulder
stiksandstones said:
Yo Hella NorCal
Lopes finished 2nd behind Prokop in the final race, you are reading qualifiers.
Get with the program...
santa cruz isn't norcal, and they don't say hella

get with the program...