Quantcast

"Official" Ridemonkey T-Shirt Thread 2021

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Inspired by @Sandwich and with @jonKranked's blessing, I present to you the "official" no-nonsense it's ACTUALLY happening Ridemonkey T-shirt thread. This is not a drill or practice exercise. There is no debating colors or designs. There is only t-shirts, that you can order, today, and they will ship on or around December 14th. They might even arrive in your grubby little hands by Christmas. Just saying. And ordering couldn't be more easier! Just go to the following link, select which style, color, and size of t-shirt(s) you want, pay moneys, and BOOM they'll ship directly to you.

https://teespring.com/ridemonkey-logo-tee

The design is simple and one-color, monkey head logo on the front with the URL on the back. The head logo is approx 5" on the unisex shirts and 4" on the ladies shirts. I think the URL is approx 8-8.5" wide on the unisex shirts, slightly smaller on the ladies version. Green is something close to the RM green on the website, probably but not necessarily exactly Pantone 364C or 363C. I tried to select shirt colors that looked good with the green logo, I think the light/mint green premium tee with the darker green logo would be banger, that's the one I'll probably get.

I've used Teespring in the past for shirts, and can vouch for at least decent to pretty darn good quality. Shirt options are a tri-blend (which is sorta wicking, you could ride in it but it's not a tech tee), a premium tee, and a ladies premium tee. Size charts are all on the Teespring site, with other answers to your burning questions. Seriously, everything you want to know about the shirts should be answered there.

Tagging people who are possibly intredasted based on participation in either this or this thread.

@johnbryanpeters
@canadmos
@CrabJoe StretchPants
@binary visions
@Jozz
@jstuhlman
@Nick
@WestCoastHucker
@velocipedist
@Pesqueeb
@ALEXIS_DH
@eric strt6
@StiHacka
@AngryMetalsmith
@BadDNA
@jimmydean
@mykel
@stoney
@stosh
@daisycutter
@maddog17
@Adventurous
@mantispf2000
@iRider
@DaveW
@pinkshirtphotos
@TreeSaw
@ICEBALL585
@Montana rider
@Jm_
@lobsterCT
@Toshi
@slyfink
@cecil
@SylentK
@D.E.T.
@kazlx
@slimshady
@bagtagley
@splat
@Katz
@Kurt_80
@Sorgie
@Sandwich
@JustMtnB44
@boostindoubles
@size
@scrublover
@Flo33
@rockofullr
@LAP
@ChrisRobin

Disclaimer: I rounded up a little bit over the cost of each of these shirts, so I will be making a few cents on each one sold. I am hopeful that nets me a few bucks so that my t-shirt is paid for, and I hope that's okay with y'all that my shirt is covered for my time/effort into getting the Teespring set up.

Last edited:

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Couple more things:

There is apparently EU fulfillment available, would someone please tag our EU monkeys to let them know? I'll see if I can remember who they are and tag them, but if someone ahem cough @binary visions cough ahem knows because of RMSS and would tag them, that'd be neat. Those folks get left out often, it's great they're not left out of this one.

If any of you are active in any of the other sub-forums (like Downhill for instance) and would let those forums know this is going down, that'd be cool. For those people who don't really ever look at the Lounge.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Thanks for setting this up, great effort! Does Teespring have an option for an activewear shirt? I wouldn't mind something to wear while impressing chicks in yoga pants at the gym [I don't go to the gym] or while out shredding the gnar [I don't go outside].

Do we have a closing date, or does it just stay open forever?

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
Couple more things:

There is apparently EU fulfillment available, would someone please tag our EU monkeys to let them know? I'll see if I can remember who they are and tag them, but if someone ahem cough @binary visions cough ahem knows because of RMSS and would tag them, that'd be neat. Those folks get left out often, it's great they're not left out of this one.

If any of you are active in any of the other sub-forums (like Downhill for instance) and would let those forums know this is going down, that'd be cool. For those people who don't really ever look at the Lounge.
You did tag at least one two of us Commies :headbang: :thumb:

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Couple more things:

I know that @Flo33 @iRider @Sandro @Happymtb.fr and @CBJ have participated in the EURMSS before.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Thanks for setting this up, great effort!
De nada.

Does Teespring have an option for an activewear shirt? I wouldn't mind something to wear while impressing chicks in yoga pants at the gym [I don't go to the gym] or while out shredding the gnar [I don't go outside].
I think they used to, but I looked and didn't see anything other than a "team jersey" which would have involved way more design time and was quite expensive. So I decided against.

Do we have a closing date, or does it just stay open forever?
It can stay open as long as it needs to, which I guess is forever. That said, I'll probably shut it down after a couple of weeks because I would assume we won't do enough volume after a while to be worth their time in printing them onsie twosie.

Y U no sizes available in the brown-ish(?) color?
I have no idea, there are also no sizes for the light green color which is the one I want. I'll see about writing a spirited letter.

!!!

Am I ratarded?
Hey, that's not very nice to mentally handicapped people.

I know if we order by Dec 14, we'll get it by Xmas, but what if a guy wants to order one on Dec 17? WHAT THEN?
Of course I can't find it now, but I read on the site yesterday that basically Spring does a print run every three (3) days or so, and ships items out as they get printed.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Y U no sizes available in the brown-ish(?) color?
I might have just kinda sorta figured this out. Pretty sure that @Happymtb.fr is an EU monkey, and just ordered. There was a shirt in that order in the "sage" color which would probably be the light green. So maybe the brown-ish color and the light green are only available in teh EU, at least at the moment? I guess it's possible that the fulfillment house in NA is simply out of stock on those colors, even if they're generally available.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I might have just kinda sorta figured this out. Pretty sure that @Happymtb.fr is an EU monkey, and just ordered. There was a shirt in that order in the "sage" color which would probably be the light green. So maybe the brown-ish color and the light green are only available in teh EU, at least at the moment? I guess it's possible that the fulfillment house in NA is simply out of stock on those colors, even if they're generally available.
:cray:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
How "slim" is the slim fit? In a "normal" t-shirt I'm usually an L, and often, an XL is a little too big. That said, I've found with shirts I get from the US, that an XL is huuuge on me... I really don't need another t-shirt that's going to live on a shelf. Can anyone clarify if these are "road jersey" slim, or just "not loose potato sack" sized?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
How "slim" is the slim fit? In a "normal" t-shirt I'm usually an L, and often, an XL is a little too big. That said, I've found with shirts I get from the US, that an XL is huuuge on me... I really don't need another t-shirt that's going to live on a shelf. Can anyone clarify if these are "road jersey" slim, or just "not loose potato sack" sized?
In soviet russia, the shirt sizes you.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I have a few Teespring t-shirts from years ago, so I'm sure that styles and cuts have changed. But the L in their regular and premium T's does fit me. I'm 6'2" and ~200#. The premium slim fit ones fit in L, but are just a touch snug so I'd guess the XL would be a whisker baggy. YMMV and all that, I haven't gotten a shirt from Teespring since we raced the Baja 1000 in 2017.

Pro tip: Under the description of the shirt (for example where it says "slim fit, unisex") there's a "Show more details" link. Clicking that brings up a size chart, with length and width of the shirt. The tri-blend tee in Large is 21" wide and the premium tee is 22" wide. I'm like 41-42" around the nipples, so theoretically the Large would be my go to. I'm a little broader in the shoulders so that doesn't always work, but gives you an idea of sizing.

Flo33

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2015
Styria
I ordered a few hours ago but in the only colour I know and there should ever be.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Has anyone ordered (and received) the "Premium Tee" option? How's the sizing on that one? I see the sage green color is finally available but only in S and XL. I am definitely not a small, but XL sometimes works depending on the cut of the shirt. Anyone? Bueller?