Quantcast

Paris Mt DH Race Updates

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well guys and girls we are now 2 week out to the Paris Mountain DH race. Things have come together great and lots have sponsors have stepped up to help make this event happen for all that attend. It will be a fun event and one you should be happy about after attending. Remember if you haven’t signed up yet you can sign up for $40 online. Day of Race Registration fee will be $50. You will get a Race Tee-Shirt, Cane Creek Pint Glass, and a $5 Raffle Ticket for Saturday’s Night Raffle Drawings. Lots of nice prizes to be given out that night with the grand prizes being an Eastern26 Bikes DJ-4 Frame. Extra Raffle Tickets can be bought that night for $5 a ticket before the drawings start. Remember all proceeds for the Events that weekend go back to the Local Upstate SORBA Chapter that will in return put it back into the Trail System at Paris Mt. State Park.

Saturday the 20th 5:30pm

Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria will be the place to be in Greenville that night if you are a Cyclist. Those coming from out of town, in town, Racing, or not racing are welcome to come and attend. Barley’s will be supplying a Keg of beer, so come and get it while it last. The event will be held upstairs and all ages are welcome from 5:30pm till 7:30pm and from then only 21 years and older. Registration will be open from 5:30 till 7pm for Racers to sign up or those Pre Registered can pick up their Race packets, Tees, Pint Glass and Raffle Ticket. Raffle drawings will be pulled just before 7:30pm. You must be present to win. After the event is over at 7:30, Barley’s welcomes you to stick around to try one of the 200+ Beers they have to offer or head downstairs for some of their great Food.

Sunday the 21st Race Day at Paris Mt State Park

8:00AM Park opens and Registration opens as well the Shuttle will go up the Mountain for the first time. At 10:30 Registration closes with the last practice shuttle going up at 12pm. 12:30pm there will be a Riders Meeting at the Registration Area, with the first racers taking their first runs around 1pm. After the first runs are over there will be about a 30min break before the second runs start. Awards will follow about 30mins after the last runs are made down at the Registration area.

Race Course is looking great and the new work we have put in looks to be holding out to the water run off the trail gets. I did some timed runs this past Sunday and took some conservative runs watching out for hikers and ran a 2:14 time. Now this is without the race course taped up and some of the switch backs added in. I am thinking we should see some times in the 2:05 to 2:10 range on race day.

You can learn more at the race web site if you haven’t visited it yet:
www.parismountaindh.com

Hope to see you all there ether to Race or watch,
Cecil Linder :cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Thanks for all your efforts, sponsors and everyone else who has helped out. Can't wait!
Please make sure to thank all the Volunteers Sunday as it would have been very hard for me to put this race on without them. Thanks should also go out to Brad for doing all the Graphics work for the race and Darrin (Rusty Spockets Promotions) for coming in on Sunday and running the event for us. The Local SORBA group should also get a big thanks for helping out wit the Trail work.

I ment to tell everyone that wants to help out that we will have a Last Min Trail Work Day this Sat the 13th. Meet at Shelter A&B just before Shelter 5&6 at 9am then we will drive up to the Archery Trail Head parking lot to go up on the trail.

Cecil

Last edited:

DHPeteinSC

Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
In the KY (jelly) E-town
The course is open, but there is NO bike riding in the park on Saturday. You are welcome to come out on Sat.20th, as there is a last minute workday planned. You should get quite familiar with the course from walking it, and come join in the fun at Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria after a hard days work! Hope to see you there!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
The course is open, but there is NO bike riding in the park on Saturday. You are welcome to come out on Sat.20th, as there is a last minute workday planned. You should get quite familiar with the course from walking it, and come join in the fun at Barley’s Taproom and Pizzeria after a hard days work! Hope to see you there!
Work day is this coming Saturday, not the 20th. We will be working to get things ready that day, but no trail work. Maybe last walk down to clear anything that needs to be cleared, but that it. Everyone is more than welcome to go Sat and walk the race course or pre Ride it anytime before then except Saturdays. Signs and course should be marked by then.

Cecil

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Went out to the last Dig Day before next weekend and the course is set, flowing, fast, and ready for the race!!!!!!!!! It's going to one hell of a weekend and will be one hell of a race. Hope to see everyone next weekend, should be one to remeber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheers:

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Sorry bro we were busy cutting up. The web site for the race pretty much sums it up. Fast, Rocky, Rooty, and lots of Fun!!!!!!!! It will be a GREAT Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to see you there, shout me a pm and we will meet up and chill @ the race. See all of ya there!!!!!!!!!!!! Just Signed UP!!!!!!!! WOW:cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Few shots from today.
Rob D in the Lower Rock Garden

The Rock Drop into the Root Section

Me in the lower Rock Garden

The Rock Drop into the Root Section

The whole course is Rocks and Roots everywhere with super flowing turns all the way down......

See you all next Saturday night at the Party and Sunday for the race....

Cecil

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Going out tonight to try to get you guys some Helmet Cam Footage of the race course. By the way we will have a certain someone down for the weekend covering the party and race that all have grown to love. His Photos are some of the best out there!!!! We are looking for someone to Video the whole weekend too so we can get the footage put on DVD for all. Anyone know of anyone?

brado1

Monkey
Jan 2, 2008
G'Vegas SC
I'll be there. I'm not going to miss a chance to drink free beer at Barley’s Tap Room. :cheers:

(any word on what beer Barley's is donating?)

B double E double R UN BEER RUN Josh says something good (whos standards? don't know...)
I hoping for some High Gravity Something :cheers:

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
I heard they were giving away a keg of Zima - JohnBoy is gonna be all over that glorious teat of carbonated citrus beverage. :D
I have never had a Zima. And Im back to beer now buddy. I go through stages. Oh and Im moving up to AM so you cant race beginner in your class either!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
I have never had a Zima. And Im back to beer now buddy. I go through stages. Oh and Im moving up to AM so you cant race beginner in your class either!!!
I have control of that buddy!!!!:bonk: No Sandbagging at this race!!!!!:rant:

Nah, it's a race to come have fun at... Care less about the Class your racing in and just have fun with great people. Yah and a great place to ride too!!!!

Cecil

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
Just got back from riding w/ Josh and the course is in great shape and actually tacky in alot of places. Guess the rain really helped and I was glad to see that nobody had moved/ put anything on the trail. See all you guys on Sat. night!!!!!! This is going to be a hell of a good race and plenty of good times, Great job Cecil and everybody who as helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW:cheers:

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Just got back from riding w/ Josh and the course is in great shape and actually tacky in alot of places. Guess the rain really helped and I was glad to see that nobody had moved/ put anything on the trail. See all you guys on Sat. night!!!!!! This is going to be a hell of a good race and plenty of good times, Great job Cecil and everybody who as helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW:cheers:
Good to hear....

I just picked up the Number Plates that Brad designed for us. They are PIMP!!!! One that you would want to take home and put up on the wall....

Cecil