Quantcast

Perfect DH Pants? (for me)

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
What kind of weird sizing chart is that?

View attachment 202571

Is it velcro on the hip adjusters? The one image says "magic tape"...
Yes the cinch on the hips is velcro. The waist sizing runs true in my experience. I have a 31" waist. I wear 32 in most pants and shorts and the 32 in these pants fits my waist perfectly. I have long legs and the inseam is perfect for me so someone with short legs may need to takr the ankle up some. They are slimmish but not tight on my thighs or butt like even a size 34 pant from Fox is.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yes the cinch on the hips is velcro. The waist sizing runs true in my experience. I have a 31" waist. I wear 32 in most pants and shorts and the 32 in these pants fits my waist perfectly. I have long legs and the inseam is perfect for me so someone with short legs may need to takr the ankle up some. They are slimmish but not tight on my thighs or butt like even a size 34 pant from Fox is.
Room for light duty kneepads?
You took the blacks? Army green doesn't seem to have a logo which is nice.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Yes, room for enduro knee pads. I haven't tried my big Fox DH kneepads in them. I have them in army green, navy blue, and khaki (more of a light grey). I already had TLD pants in black.
Do they all have logos?

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
I just grabbed a pair of those. For $60 and free returns, I'll roll the dice on fit. My RF knee pads aren't very slim, so we'll see.
Received two pairs. Returned first pair cause 32 was a bit slack. Took some 30s and I still need to tighten waistbands. Also, saved ten bucks cause I'm a stick.

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Received two pairs. Returned first pair cause 32 was a bit slack. Took some 30s and I still need to tighten waistbands. Also, saved ten bucks cause I'm a stick.
Right? Have you EVER tried on bike shorts or pants in your size that weren't too tight on your thighs & butt, let alone had to downsize? These things shouldn't be the anomoly. Everything else should be like them.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Right? Have you EVER tried on bike shorts or pants in your size that weren't too tight on your thighs & butt, let alone had to downsize? These things shouldn't be the anomoly. Everything else should be like them.
I've been wearing 32s from 16 to 50. Past few years seems I can pretty much fit in most 30s. Also, all tops were large and now I buy mostly medium. Seems like the entire planet got bigger and fatter. :D

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
I want to give these a try. My wife has some pants from a woman only brand that has the lower leg zips and she likes to flex on me as we're packing up from the bike park that she can take her knee pads off without having to like scronch through the pants or just take the pants fully off.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
since mtb trousers are a thing now and they definitely seem to really want to look like moto pants, just be aware that there are the exact same thing made of more durable fabric from a moto supplier
My old Royal longs were basically moto pants. Loved those things. I'm gonna try those Ali ones I ordered for cold weather muddy (NZ not here) trail rides. If I needed more DH longs, I'm gonna grab some Thor moto pants instead. They're half the price of MTB ones as well and aren't cut like emo kid skinny jeans.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
since mtb trousers are a thing now and they definitely seem to really want to look like moto pants, just be aware that there are the exact same thing made of more durable fabric from a moto supplier
What? Moto riders now also use skinsuit-tight outfits? :disgust1: :D

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
Gortex is a scam. When pfas became the devil they started to use the same fabric as all the other “breathable” film companies that were trying to dodge their patents.

Hydrophobic sprays are so good now that if you want to stay dry just spray your normal pants with one.

Leafy

Monkey
Sep 13, 2019
$325 USD for pants :twitch:
I mean you say that but I’ve been eyeing these outdoor research ski bibs that are $399… but they’re insulated and stuff and would probably last longer than I’ll be able to walk.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
When it is wet here your clothing choice simply determines whether you want to be soaking wet from rain, or your sweat. Dryness is for later. Breathable fabric only makes a difference when it is dry and you use the same layer for warmth and don't want to stew in your own juices. That being said my Fox jacket is actually the best wet weather jacket I have ever owned for any use.

sethimus

neu bizutch
Feb 5, 2006
not in Whistler anymore :/
Gortex is a scam. When pfas became the devil they started to use the same fabric as all the other “breathable” film companies that were trying to dodge their patents.

Hydrophobic sprays are so good now that if you want to stay dry just spray your normal pants with one.
afaik its still ptfe? at least that‘s what they told us at my last gore training @ rapha

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
That being said my Fox jacket is actually the best wet weather jacket I have ever owned for any use.
Which one do you have? I've got the Ranger one (in extremely bright colours) and it is pretty awesome. The hood is massive and fits over the whole helmet - although that is more useful when you're standing than for actual riding. The big zip up vents are handy for adding breathability without taking the thing off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Which one do you have? I've got the Ranger one (in extremely bright colours) and it is pretty awesome. The hood is massive and fits over the whole helmet - although that is more useful when you're standing than for actual riding. The big zip up vents are handy for adding breathability without taking the thing off.
Fox Ranger Water I believe.

When you are moving any hood is just going to be a giant air/water scoop.