Quantcast

Please invite me on ride this weekend!

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi!

I just moved to Felton but I don't have a car bcz I don't have a job, yet... but I can take the bus or meet people at the top of the UCSC trails bcz its a bout a 40 min climb from my place. I would love to ride more and explore the area.

I ride a P bike, I love to ride street, downhill, northshore stuff. Sometimes I hit littledrops, sometimes I don't.

Drop me a pm by Friday evening. Hopefully I can find a computer to check my messages - bcz I don't hav internet yet either.

Later, Sarah

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Sarah, me and Doss (scurban) are prolly gonna ride UC on Sunday. I could prolly pick you up if we end up going, it's only a few minutes out of the way to Felton. Or you could ride down 9 and I could give you a ride back later...

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Howdy,
I am planning on doing a loop in the Soquel Demo Forest Saturday starting around 10 am. It is a pretty cross country loop, but lots of fun. About 12 miles total. 5 mile climb in several miles of DH then about 3-4 mile climb out. Some of the nicer XC trails in the area. Lots of single track with some good technical stuff to play on. The pace will be... Let's say casual. I climb at about a walking pace, so you shouldn't have issues keeping up. I will be on my 8 speed urban bike, there's nothing too steep on the climbs. Let me know if you are interested. I am pretty sure we can get you a ride. I am coming from the San Jose side, and Rich (surfinguru on RM) is coming from Santa Cruz. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott
(510) 329-9451

P.S. Anyone willing to wait for my slow ass is welcome to join us. Starting at 10am. Doing 1 loop of sawpit, playing on some of the fun stunts. We should be done around 2pm.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn Scott, sounds like fun! I'll be working tomorrow and part of the day Sunday (hopefully I still can ride on Sunday!). You and Rich have fun! Don't know if you know but Isold my DH bike and ordered an '05 Enduro S-Works, it should be here early next week, then the 36 after that. I was going to build up a matching front wheel but I just said F-it and ordered some '05 Deemax. They'll only be 1/2lb heavier than my King/823 wheels.

Sarah, got your PM, of course I remember you from Whistler. Stoked that you made it out west. I'll keep you informed as to ride details for Sunday. It's looking like semi-early for me. Strong possibility for rain though, possibly heavy showers, we'll see...

Scott, Rich, anybody else wanna ride Sunday too?

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
punkassean said:
Damn Scott, sounds like fun! I'll be working tomorrow and part of the day Sunday (hopefully I still can ride on Sunday!). You and Rich have fun! Don't know if you know but Isold my DH bike and ordered an '05 Enduro S-Works, it should be here early next week, then the 36 after that. I was going to build up a matching front wheel but I just said F-it and ordered some '05 Deemax. They'll only be 1/2lb heavier than my King/823 wheels.

Sarah, got your PM, of course I remember you from Whistler. Stoked that you made it out west. I'll keep you informed as to ride details for Sunday. It's looking like semi-early for me. Strong possibility for rain though, possibly heavy showers, we'll see...

well if it does rain, I guess I just dig jumps...I hope it doesn't though I really want to ride UCSC

I was checking out the S-Works online a little while ago, thats going to be such a sweet setup..... Especially with the new FOX. What else are you planning on doing with it? I want details! What rear wheel, cranks, drivetrain, tires, pedals, stem, rear shock, bar, seat, etc. etc. ?

punkassean said:

Sean, Doss, as long as it's not raining, I'm up for a Sunday ride. Although, I think it's gonna be a tad chilly. ANybody else up for it? (BTW, stoked for you on the new bike. Can't wait to check it out.)

Oh and Sarah, welcome to the neighborhood. :thumb:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Doss,

I am going to re-use a lot of my parts from my current all-purpose bike. But The frame/fork/wheels will all be completely new.

-Hoping it doesn't rain!!!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
corey_dcstreet said:
watch out for that girl, she rocks!

hope you're enjoying the WC so far miss sarah :thumb:
I met Sarah at Whistler and she was charging the DJ's no matter what the consequence...and there were consequences.

She definitely goes for it!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
punkassean said:
I met Sarah at Whistler and she was charging the DJ's no matter what the consequence...and there were consequences.

She definitely goes for it!
Siiiiick!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
looks like I'm out too, too much work, FAWK!!!! I'm just going home from work now... :(

Hi my name is Sean, I'm a workaholic...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Look on the bright side, At least you don't have to get up to go to work at 3:00AM like I do! (gives me time to ride in the afternoons)
I know how you feel though, during the summer when all the tourist are in town visiting santa cruz, and Monterey, drinking up all of our beer, and all the migrant farm workers are flooding into Every town between Watsonville, and King City, drinking all of our beer when they get off work, I feel like the walls are closing in on me, it sometimes get depressing working back to back, 14 hour days week in and week out. Just remember Sean.............. It builds Character :thumb:

at least thats what my boss tells me.

Well, just got back from the Urgent Care visit and it's official. Fractured the hand bone right at the wrist. (pinky finger) Fawk, out for another 3-4 weeks. :dead: I actually fractured it because I was trying not to land hands first. I ended up tucking my arm under my chest to roll, but I guess the rock on one side and me on the other was just too much for it.

(Not my x-ray, but that's where the break is)

Attachments

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Damn Rich, the bike gods are frowning on you lately. :(

I hope this one heals up quicker than the last! By the time you are riding again, I should have my new bike built FWIW and some more time on my hands...

Go buy a copy of Jobst Brandt's "The Bicycle Wheel", a truing stand and some spokes and learn how to build wheels inn your downtime. have you built that wheel yet?

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Hi

SORRYYYY I didn't reply earlier!!

I didn't have access to a computer and I don't have internet hooked up yet. I did get to ride with Sean's friend Paul on SAt up in the UC trials. I am just getting over a cold so I coughed up a lung after the ride and rested Sunday.

I'm sorry I didn't get in touch earlier.

Here's my number it's the best way to reach me

831-335-4185

The pics from the demonstration forest look fun!

I'm unemployed (but looking for work) so I can ride during the week, too.

I'm realy sorry that Rich jacked up his wrist. :( I hope you heal up fast.

Later, Sarah

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Sarah, Paul is everybody's friend! Didn't you guys meet at Whistler this summer? Seems like every time I ride UC I run into Paul and his crew.

Scott, Is that a rumble?

goin' medium said:
It was a good ride.... Until the incident :nuts:
Yeah it was! I don't get it, I can pin all the log rides/skinnies and jumps, but I stack over the bars on an easy downhill section? I'm confused? :think: :rolleyes:

I like that line you took right there Scott. I'm sure if you were on the big bike you would've launched the big stump afterwards as well. I so wanted that line, but the hand just said "No way Jose!" Oh well, give me a month and I should be back out there.

Sean, I like that new avatar. :thumb:

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Hey Rich,
Sorry to hear you got all whack style in the Demo' brah, sucks to be broken like that.
Brah, you just need to pin it through everything. Don't hold back brah, just put some oil on those brakes so they don't work or something. You know, you have to like use the force and some stuff, or Jagermeister. Yeah, that stuff gives a new meaning to the word alcoholic-bravery. Otherwise you get all wacked out and crash, brah.
But think of the bright side, now you have a wicked pickup line for the ladies in the pub.
"Excuse me, I was wondering if you could help me go to the bathroom, you see, both my hands are broken and..."

goin' medium

Chimp
Jul 31, 2003
Newark, CA
Yup Sean,
That's my "XC" bike. Single 36t ring in front, and a LOT of fun for urban riding, but a bit slow on the climbs in the Demo forest... Oh well. Lots of fun for jumps too.

We tend to do an urban ride Tuesday nights, and the Rumble is perfect. Just right for hucking pavement :cool:

Scott

Attachments