Quantcast

- POLE - two people in bed, what side are you on?

As a guy, what side do you sleep on when you are IN BED?

• Total voters

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
some weird underlying crap in the title huh?

what i mean is:

when you the guy are in bed with your wife/GF what side do you sleep on?

i have a prediction that the majority is on the right. why?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Which side when you're lying in the bed, you mean (as opposed to, say, facing the bed from the footboard)?

Right.

Not sure why, but when I'm on the left side, my girlfriend usually asks to switch - it does feel weird to be on the left side when I'm used to the right...

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
when you are in bed.

laying in bed. head at the head board and feet at the foot board.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
i can not participate in this thread because i have never shared my bed with a woman.

ok, im a right side guy.

splat

Nam I am
I am on the right side , it really doesn't matter to me it is my wife who is insistant that she wants that side .the funny part is before we got married and bought the house I always slept on the left side .

I actually wish I was on the left side , its closer to the bathroom

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Whichever side the chick wants, I take it just as a power move. Of course she always gets the wet spot if applicable.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
I am on the right side , it really doesn't matter to me it is my wife who is insistant that she wants that side .the funny part is before we got married and bought the house I always slept on the left side .

I actually wish I was on the left side , its closer to the bathroom
at your age thats important!

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
i always sleep on the right side. that was the side that was pushed up against the wall at tn's old place so i took it because i like being up against the wall. now that we've moved its just my sde of the bed.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morryjg said:
Whichever side is closest to the door. Don't ask me why?????
I'm the same. (currently it is on the right side) I think it has to do with defense. Like if anyone ever came through that door at night, I would be between "it" and my wife.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I Are Baboon said:
Unless it's the Kool-Aid man, in which case he'll just smash through a wall.

HEY, KOOL-AID!

All the kids are excited, and I'm at home thinking RUN! GO!!

I sleep on the right side also. Thats kinda interesting

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Kool-Aid man is exactly why I sleep on whichever side of the bed has the sawed off shotgun underneath.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
The right side. It didn't matter up until we got night stands. She has to have her alarm clock close at hand. I have to put mine on the other side of the room, or I'd never get up.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
hey DHG, what's the name of the monkey guy on yr avatar? because i saw one of those via a sticker on the back windshield of a black escalade on today's commute. not sure what statement they were trying to make.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
hey DHG, what's the name of the monkey guy on yr avatar? because i saw one of those via a sticker on the back windshield of a black escalade on today's commute. not sure what statement they were trying to make.

The monkey himself is named Julius...Paul Frank is the guy that came up with him...I like the monkey myself because first of all...I like monkeys. Second, he's always doing something cool...like sportin a fro with a pick, snowboarding, riding a bike, dressed like run dmc...so other than the fro, I can really relate to Julius.

edit: which sticker was it?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I know Ive gotten use to sleeping on my left side because of my jacked up shoulder. Usually I'll stay on the left that way I can be facing the GF. If I'm by myself I sleep in the friggin middle all diagonal and whatnot.

Dirt rider

Pro Rider
Nov 18, 2001
redneck wasteland
Men usally sleep on the right hand side. the reason for this goes back to a caveman instinct if an intuder comes into your cave, as you get up from a supine (on your back) posistion you would be able to strike the intruder with your club in your right hand with one movement

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Dirt rider said:
Men usally sleep on the right hand side. the reason for this goes back to a caveman instinct if an intuder comes into your cave, as you get up from a supine (on your back) posistion you would be able to strike the intruder with your club in your right hand with one movement
interesting theory, but i like to sleep (and sit when on couches) on the right side, but i'm left handed. maybe i would have been destined to be bludgeoned if i were a caveman. :think:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
MudGrrl said:
I sleep on the left side of the bed.

I will be between whatever comes through the door and my bf.

I am also closest to the bathroom and the closet.
Yeah, but at least he'll be able to grab his club with his right hand.........

Now don't tell me he's left-handed. :p

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Toshi said:
interesting theory, but i like to sleep (and sit when on couches) on the right side, but i'm left handed. maybe i would have been destined to be bludgeoned if i were a caveman. :think:
You know........... that's probably why there are so few left handers in the world. :think: :p

-S.S.-

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'm on the right side... now.
I used to be on the left in our old appt.

Really though, right left doesnt' matter.
I'm almost always on the side closer to the door, since i'm the one that will have to get up to investigate "Spooky" noises :rolleyes:, or get the door.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
OK more seriously this time :D

For me, during the "formative" stages of the relationship, I'm generally on the right side, since during "formative stages" activities, my left arm/hand is trapped and I'm much more "talented" with my right. This configuration generally stays intact after the "formative stages activities" subside in frequency.