Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

Floor Tom

Monkey
Sep 28, 2009
New Zealand
White flat bars to white grips or maybe just the way the bulge looks on them but they look horrible. I love the look of flats and here they look like they need double plane tickets. The bike looks nice though
Yeh I didn't choose the colour scheme. The bike came pretty much like that (the bars I had from before as I used them at the end of last season on a non white bike, but the bars if did come with were white anyway) I have a different wheel set for it with black Mavis 721 rims on it and when the grips wear out I will be getting a different colour.

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
my steed for 2010.......will have a 2010 black Fox 40 RC2, and a green Twenty 6 F1 stem....any day now. I also have a black Gamut bash guard to freshin it up.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Just got this frame 3 days ago, so I guess it's my ride for 2010!

Never run a Roco before, so curious to see what it's all about, and I'd prefer a Boxxer WC over the 888, but I got that thing CHEAP and I forgot how plush they are! Sitting at JUST under 40 as it is...

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
That was the plan if I didn't like it. I like a lively(or "springy" as my hucker bud calls it) suspension, and it sounds like the Roco actually fits that bill. We'll see after 3 feet of snow melts, I guess!

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
the push doesn't stop it from feeling lively it just makes it more stable and sits in its travell better. I found it a bit wallowy before i got it done.

Dox

Monkey
Aug 26, 2009
Montreal, QC, Canada
I just find out today that my A-line 2007 is cracked at the shock mount. Hopefully i'll get a brand new frame on warranty and sell it to buy a revolt.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
got tires from geax Friday! waiting for my Aluminium Dorado, ace's, ADD's and stem to get her on the second week of January!

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009

Now got a carbon mudplate, some nice neat velcro to replace that tube, and some moto foam, but it works.

Dsunday

Chimp
Nov 26, 2009

Now got a carbon mudplate, some nice neat velcro to replace that tube, and some moto foam, but it works.
are they the drop crowns or how do you have your forks set up?
i have the flat crowns on mine and the just sit about 2mil below the top of the stanchions.

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Those are the low '10 boxxer crowns, not the drops.

EDIT:

Sorry, my mistake, nah i had the crowns low as i was just checking out the ride at the time, im running them high now, and its alot better

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington
Drilled out 05 DHR.. I'm going to be riding this lady for a long time.. i'm on a budget..
Has anyone ever had there DHX 5 pushed with the external reservoir?

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Same bike as last year with some upgrades.
Already done:
Push Boxxer upgrade
Coming this winter:
Rebuild Double barrel and add parabolic adjusters
Avid Code
New wheels

maybe cranks

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Something a bit different :)

Only real difference is the frame, pretty much everything swapped over from my Sunday.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
parabolic adjusters? what the hell are those?
geez! You are putting my searching skills to the test with questions like that.

"Tapered needles are gone, in come parabolic adjuster needles. Tapered needles do adjust oil flow, but in a non-linear fashion. So the oil flow values increase as you get closer to each end of adjustment, whereas by using a parabolic needle, adjustments are now linear and more noticeable throughout the range, rather than at the beginning or end of the range."

http://painincorporated.com/?p=180

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
I've only been out on it twice since I swapped everything over, once at a new local spot and another more familar area to try & get the setup right.

I will do a comparison when I have had some time on it hopefully over the festive season. We have a couple of uplifts booked and some other stuff so should be good to get an idea.

Will see how I get on, I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Sunday. The first time I rode it, it put me off the bike for over 4 months with an injury so maybe I never really trusted it, or gave myself the time to adapt to it. I always felt comfortable with it, just not 'fast'.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I've only been out on it twice since I swapped everything over, once at a new local spot and another more familar area to try & get the setup right.

I will do a comparison when I have had some time on it hopefully over the festive season. We have a couple of uplifts booked and some other stuff so should be good to get an idea.

Will see how I get on, I had a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Sunday. The first time I rode it, it put me off the bike for over 4 months with an injury so maybe I never really trusted it, or gave myself the time to adapt to it. I always felt comfortable with it, just not 'fast'.
Maybe it's only me but when the bike feels not fast it usually means it's stable and confidence inspiring. I always feel non fast after a trip to some gnar track but in reality it makes me want to pin and I really go faster than usual. Maybe it was the same in your case or maybe I'm just imagining things. ;)

Muttely

Monkey
Jan 26, 2009
Im with norbar on this one, my sunday feels slower than my session, but im going ALOT faster.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
There's a decent comparison over on pinkbike between the v10 sunday and empire. It doesn't really go anywhere, but it illustrates some differences.

I would love to own one if A) they weren't cast B) they showed some benefits by being cast, like lower price or weight or something. As is, it sounds like they're decent bikes but almost a novelty vs. tubing.

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
Hmmm I think I know the comparison you mean, not knocking the guy that did it he's a racer that's a shed load faster than me but it wouldn't have been how I would have chosen to compare the bikes using the particular part of the track he did.