Quantcast

post your 2010 rides!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
got some new parts today, now only waiting for dorado which will be here soon and wheels, which i will get tomorrow for x-mas

-C-

Monkey
May 27, 2007
Maybe it's only me but when the bike feels not fast it usually means it's stable and confidence inspiring. I always feel non fast after a trip to some gnar track but in reality it makes me want to pin and I really go faster than usual. Maybe it was the same in your case or maybe I'm just imagining things. ;)
No, not just you - that does make sense.

I know I was struggling to ride as fast on it, people we ride with whom I was always riding consistently at a similar pace I was struggling to stay with, and going from winning out own little race battles to dropping back a fair bit.

Who knows though, it could have just been down to a lack of confidence on it from said crash.

FullMonty

Chimp
Nov 29, 2009
got some new parts today, now only waiting for dorado which will be here soon and wheels, which i will get tomorrow for x-mas
you'd think HBG would make that stem with a grey or black faceplate. I like the look of it, but red and gold ain't gonna match my bike at all.

igz-

Monkey
Nov 30, 2008
Santa Cruz
There's a decent comparison over on pinkbike between the v10 sunday and empire. It doesn't really go anywhere, but it illustrates some differences.

I would love to own one if A) they weren't cast B) they showed some benefits by being cast, like lower price or weight or something. As is, it sounds like they're decent bikes but almost a novelty vs. tubing.
Dude... That's getting pretttttty damn technical for Pinkbike forums

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
you'd think HBG would make that stem with a grey or black faceplate. I like the look of it, but red and gold ain't gonna match my bike at all.
i agree, i would have liked the whole thing raw, or black. but i also have somee gold on my bike so it is all good

bismojo

Monkey
May 5, 2009
Is that a custom paint job? The green looks a little more metallic than the one on the Sam Hill frame. Regardless, it looks incredible!
It's not custom nor the monster replica limited edition frame, has different (not fluoro) green, kinda yellowish metallic green. The frame was from fullbike demo 8i (lower end model)

here's another photo, taken outdoor :

large one : Flickr Photo Download: D8iG-03M@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2665/4202802305_33b1a12458_o_d.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@4202802305@@AMEPARAM@@33b1a12458_o

Cheers & thanks.. :)

stinky6

Monkey
Dec 24, 2004
Monroe
How are you guys bending Gravity Light cranks? I know a handful of people that use them and no one has had any problems, and they all ride pretty hard and pretty often. I'm just curious because FSA seems to make pretty good stuff and if they are really as weak as some of you say I would think they would have discontinued them or changed the design by now.

WBC

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
PNW
How are you guys bending Gravity Light cranks? I know a handful of people that use them and no one has had any problems, and they all ride pretty hard and pretty often. I'm just curious because FSA seems to make pretty good stuff and if they are really as weak as some of you say I would think they would have discontinued them or changed the design by now.
When I used to work in the bike shop, almost every single pair we sold to customers that actually rode hard or a lot (whether DH, FR, or even HCXC) would come back for bent arms or torched splines. FSA was always great with Warranty, but I bought Saints so that I wouldn't have to deal with it.

I bent my full DH (the 4lbs ones) Gravity cranks multiple times, and only once was from clipping a rock. I rode modded XT cranks for longer than I was able to ride a set of Gravitys.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Nicest bike on the market and you post a pic of it with a brick stem and an uncut steerer.

Shame on you :)

Neuro

Chimp
Dec 29, 2006
Nicest bike on the market and you post a pic of it with a brick stem and an uncut steerer.

Shame on you :)
I am testing different bars and stems options (50mm integrated, 60mm -0°, 70mm -10°) in way to realize the best position for my riding style....then il'll cut the steerer tube.

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
I am testing different bars and stems options (50mm integrated, 60mm -0°, 70mm -10°) in way to realize the best position for my riding style....then il'll cut the steerer tube.
It's a medium frame isn't it ?

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
looking at the seat height, the bars rolled forwards and the long stem he probably should be on a large

get my L summum in april, cant wait
Do you reside in America? If so where did you get this frame?

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
believe it or not, the last pair I bent was on my Evil Sovereign :thumbsdown: