Quantcast

Post Your Morewoods!

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
Well here is an update to mine. :banana:

Sunline 29" bars
Saint rear brake
wtb deva

Soon to come(broke 16y/o = slow upgrades)
Gold outlaws
Gold 420 pedals
Gold hope seatpost color
Gold bar end caps
Gold Chris King BB
Avid Elixer Cr's or Stoker trails in white

Much late
New Boxxer or 40
Ti spring
New tires

FLATLINE_

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Don't have any pics of my two shova's up to date... Will have to get some.

Just wanted to ask the morewood guys that know morewoods is the 07 ndiza exactly the same as the 08 ndiza geometry wise? Should i save up for the 09's?

Last edited:

slowracer

Chimp
May 14, 2006
here's a couple from the Malaysia based AGSuspension Morewood Team bikes, freshly built last week... enjoy...

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
^ yupp

talk about bad luck, the owner of that bike broke his forearm on his first ride on that bike.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
^ yupp

talk about bad luck, the owner of that bike broke his forearm on his first ride on that bike.
That really sucks ass as it is the best looking bike I've seen EVER. Hope he gets well sooner than later.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
we call it the ultimate poser bike.... and the rider is an interesting guy, almost breaks a bone every year. has soft bones or something.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
we call it the ultimate poser bike.... and the rider is an interesting guy, almost breaks a bone every year. has soft bones or something.
He can be just small framed. I'm pretty small and I break and injure myself quite often too. Well that or he can't fall properly.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
First post here, so Hi :)
Got sick of pinkbike kids, hoping it's more mature here.

Anyhoo, here's my Makulu - hope you like it

- seb

Turbo Monkey
Apr 10, 2002
UK
Is it just me that can't get excited about Morewoods (or any single-pivot for that matter?)

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
can we get a ride report ?

(please?)
I would love to mate, but as you can see from the pics - it's still rather icy around and my riding spot was iced over. Was only able to ride it in mushy slow and short course conditions, so hardly a good test.

I can say though that the forks feel so nice and stiff and so plush that it used most of my travel without me noticing it - so I will only venture a guess the damping is amazing.

I'll post a "Joe-Averedge rider's" perspective review soon as I can :)

jmsxtreem

Chimp
Feb 22, 2009
Was going to wait and use this pic on my 6 month review, but had to put it in this tread as well.

Newer shot with all the newer upgrades. Still around the 37.5lbs mark with DH tires and 35.5lbs with All Mt tires.

Cecil

Hey, thats my frame. Good to see where it came from. weighs 39pounds

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
finally got my morewood all built up...not dh, but thought it should go here.. i am still waiting on my front brake as it was not in stock, but i now have a juicy 7 to be run on the front so i can race.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Honestly I think the sizes are more like "small" and "medium," the long fits just like my medium SX Trail did.

matsO

Monkey
Aug 26, 2006
I agree with Bicyclist, I would like to see the reach and stack measurements for comparison. I might measure them myself on my Izimu because the cok-pit feels short on a "large".

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
My '07 doesn't feel particularly little at all.

I have a large with an RSX stem at the longest setting (50mm?) and 750 lo-rise Full-ons. It feels comfy, but pretty big, and I'm about 6'1". It feels bigger than my mates large V10 with 45mm stem and 740mm sunlines.

tlproject7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
kind of some conflicting responses on the size. hey MFZBIKE you have the new one. what size is that? and how tall? and do you know what yourr bb height comes in at? since you no longer can adjust it. thanks alot

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I've ridden a ton of different Morewoods. I'm 6' 1" and I've owned two "large" frames, from my experience riding other frames it fits much more like other companys' medium frames. My old roommate and another friend both had "small" Morewood Izimus and I've ridden both and they were both way too small.