Quantcast

Push Industries and why you need them

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
If big bear is near vancouver bc how about i meet up with you? You could sell me your shock (04DHR) that way i could ride my bike instead of waiting for warranty from romic :P
Originally posted by Gun Show
Yes I am a team rider,

The operative word is rider. I am fortunate enough to have access to the latest in suspension technology and I want to get the word out on how good it is. Not only do I want to talk about it, but as you read in my post, I have offered my factory rigs available to anyone who wants to try before they buy. If I didn't believe in it or if there were kinks yet to be worked out, I wouldn't have offered.

Most importantly, I want to create awareness that technology is developing and sites like this are the sounding board which many people gather their feedback.

Once again, Big Bear this weekend, or at the National anyone is welcome to ride my rig for themselves and experience the new technology.

I hope this post clearly takes me out of the sponsor Ho' category
and into the simple Bro' category.

Brett

Macrider

Monkey
Oct 13, 2003
Los Angeles
Originally posted by Incubus
[Question for everyone that's already pushed: Is this how yours felt as well?
On my RFX, Darren set it up pretty stiff - which works great - it's much stiffer than the Romic was if I just try to flex it without riding, but it actually feels better on trails and drops than the Romic

so I think the answer to your question is, for my RFX, yes
my XCE is set up a little less stiff, which makes sense for an XC bike...

Yeti DHer

I post here but I'm still better than you
Sep 7, 2001
The Foothills
I got my shock pushed... I have 2 RC's so I decided to get one done and if don't like it, I still have my old shock. They sent me back the shock today. I can't wait to get it!

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Acadian
omfg...listen to you! I'm not the one that is all of a sudden upgrading everything on my bike just to make it lighter.
Sounds like me, at 14lbs for the frame, i dont think any amount of money could make me a strong sub 40lbs bike :(

And brian has told me, hes bought 4 new scales inthe past 3 weeks :p

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
that's rigth...Brian is collecting scales as of late. Oh how he wishes he could get his Army down to 40, heck all he wants is his bike to weigh less than mine...hahaha.
mine does weigh less than yours already :D well maybe not as of tomorrow :(

Brian if you build with my parts spec 75% of the parts on your bike are already the same as mine, your army will break 40

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by ViolentVolante
mine does weigh less than yours already :D well maybe not as of tomorrow :(

Brian if you build with my parts spec 75% of the parts on your bike are already the same as mine, your army will break 40
My Army is fairly light, weighs in @ 43lbs.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
omfg...listen to you! I'm not the one that is all of a sudden upgrading everything on my bike just to make it lighter. How many digital scales have you bought lately? :rolleyes: :devil:
Listen to you, you're the one who was weighing your Romic, I told you to look into an Avy and you said they were too heavy. One day you'll see the light and stop playing games with these toy shocks;) :p :D

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
many many pieces

Lighter than your pieces :p :D

But anyways, the lambda is guranteed (sp?) to arrive before noon today :D , its being built up, then taken on an urban drop to flat hell ride from 1pm-1am downtown Chicago :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
many many pieces

Lighter than your pieces :p :D

But anyways, the lambda is guranteed (sp?) to arrive before noon today :D , its being built up, then taken on an urban drop to flat hell ride from 1pm-1am downtown Chicago :D
Did you pull the Disco apart using those cresent wrenches & hammer? I'm scared to see how the Lambada goes together:eek: ;)

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
Did you pull the Disco apart using those cresent wrenches & hammer? I'm scared to see how the Lambada goes together:eek: ;)

haha, actually, the big ass truvativ BB tool is too big to make it usable with a socket driver, so thats what the gargantuan cresent wrench is for, and well brian as for the hammer, you had a disco, you know how much of a bitch it is to get a headset out, that took a while, and yes, the lambda goes together with the same tools :devil:

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
The answer to all the inquiries:

Yes, my bike is the one pictured with the external reservoir.
This shock will never be available for production. It is a one time race only production limited run of about 15 shocks that will ever be produced.

is there anything more special about it other than the external reservoir?

because from what i see on the picture, someone took a saw to a normal RC, threaded the two parts, got some brass couplings from a hydraulics supply store (or from an avy) and connected the parts.

which is of course the way to do it, but doesnt make for a different shock.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Originally posted by zedro
Fox's, even Avys have the 'common bleed', which means theres somewhat of an interdependance, although hell if i can tell.
you can usually feel a bit of harshness with fully closed rebound, but its hard to tell a diff within the useful range of rebound adjustment though

on the avy i havent felt the comp/reb contamination but most definitely on the fox, the romic im not positive at all but with the range that rebound adjuster has id be very surprised if the compression stroke doesnt get contaminated at full closed rebound, thats of course very irrelevant since nobody uses the bikes with the rebound fully closed.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Originally posted by vitox
is there anything more special about it other than the external reservoir?

because from what i see on the picture, someone took a saw to a normal RC, threaded the two parts, got some brass couplings from a hydraulics supply store (or from an avy) and connected the parts.

which is of course the way to do it, but doesnt make for a different shock.

all of the internals are all new prototype ones, theyre undergoing the patent process, thats why only race teams can get those shocks

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
all of the internals are all new prototype ones, theyre undergoing the patent process, thats why only race teams can get those shocks

wow now thats a lot more intesting

any news on how the pushed rc`s are holding up? because thats the only thing that could ruin the party for the pushers, its the same idea as an avy so it would be interesting to see how it holds up since the structure and the oil volume is so much smaller.
anyone have an idea on how the stacks inside are? straight, pyramid, double pyramids, etc etc?

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
Originally posted by vitox
any news on how the pushed rc`s are holding up? because thats the only thing that could ruin the party for the pushers, its the same idea as an avy so it would be interesting to see how it holds up since the structure and the oil volume is so much smaller.
Been on one since January, no problems and still loving it.

Gun Show

Chimp
Apr 21, 2004
Southern California
Hey Monkeys,

Take a look at surfinguru's picture of the parts that Push took out
of the Fox shock. In the middle there is a piston with holes in it that has a shim that partially covers the holes. When this shim covers the holes it restricts oil flow and decreases the performance of the shock. Why does Fox do this? Because it only costs .001 cents to do it and in production shocks, it's good enough.

Part of the Push upgrade is to offer a piston that is completely performance driven and does not have any shortcuts like an off the shelf production shock.

Seriously, the season is in full swing, the word is out and Push
is working round the clock making shocks better for the riding community to enjoy plush Push performance. I'll be at Hollywood sports BMX track Wednesday night with my Rail, and Pushed shock if anyone wants to see to believe.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Hey Monkeys,
In the middle there is a piston with holes in it that has a shim that partially covers the holes. When this shim covers the holes it restricts oil flow and decreases the performance of the shock. Why does Fox do this? Because it only costs .001 cents to do it and in production shocks, it's good enough.

Part of the Push upgrade is to offer a piston that is completely performance driven and does not have any shortcuts like an off the shelf production shock.

buddy you just described how all shim stack valve cores ive seen work, thats fox, risse, avy, rs, manitou, etc.

how does the push valve work?

im a bit puzzled because you say that the restriction of oil flow equates to lesser performance, but then again how can you get damping if you dont restrict the oil flow?
:confused:

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Can you explain what the point of you posting all that info about your DHR with the push if it's not aviaible to the public?
Hey Monkeys,

Take a look at surfinguru's picture of the parts that Push took out
of the Fox shock. In the middle there is a piston with holes in it that has a shim that partially covers the holes. When this shim covers the holes it restricts oil flow and decreases the performance of the shock. Why does Fox do this? Because it only costs .001 cents to do it and in production shocks, it's good enough.

Seriously, the season is in full swing, the word is out and Push
is working round the clock making shocks better for the riding community to enjoy plush Push performance. I'll be at Hollywood sports BMX track Wednesday night with my Rail, and Pushed shock if anyone wants to see to believe.

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
It looks to me like the PUSH race upgrade uses a two stage main piston. I think this makes it possible to make two independet shimstacks for high and low speed compression.

This is only what I think.

And, restrickting oilflows over to the reservoir have been the biggest problems with previous Vanillas.

I would love to hear some more solid facts from Mr Push himself, regarding the DHR shock as well.

Espen