Quantcast

put my order in for a doberman pincher

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i am going to try some 24's for a while.

not ready to get a 20 but after ridingmy friends

at the park., man they sure spin easy.

so, the yeti has to go. PM me, we are talking cheep!

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
i am going to try some 24's for a while.

not ready to get a 20 but after ridingmy friends

at the park., man they sure spin easy.

so, the yeti has to go. PM me, we are talking cheep!
Thats sick dude, im tryin out 24s for the first time to

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I think the you'll like the Dob. I was sooo close to picking one up. I think it's geo is spot on. You should try it with 26s... I bet it would still spin easier and have more pop than what you're used to.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
eewwww, good deal, that was the only thing I was concerned about that had me leaning towards a molly. When you were shopping for your frame did you consider the molly? If so was there something more attractive about the Dob?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
eewwww, good deal, that was the only thing I was concerned about that had me leaning towards a molly. When you were shopping for your frame did you consider the molly? If so was there something more attractive about the Dob?
yeah, i did. i like the bike too but i am running a rear disc.

I also like how the doberman company is run better than

union. these steel frames are so similar for me it comes

down to the company i would like to support.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
yeah, i did. i like the bike too but i am running a rear disc.

I also like how the doberman company is run better than

union. these steel frames are so similar for me it comes

down to the company i would like to support.
I'd be running rim brakes, but hell if doberman would leave off the disc tabs and run 14mm dropouts I'd prolly go with the pincher. I like their tt length for the small frame.

I agree about going with co's that you like more so than just the frames, being they're so similar. The guys at Soild are cool kats and the sales at S&M I was really happy with. Those guys dug up an old discontinued frame for me and my boy. Cool in my book.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
I'd be running rim brakes, but hell if doberman would leave off the disc tabs and run 14mm dropouts I'd prolly go with the pincher. I like their tt length for the small frame.

I agree about going with co's that you like more so than just the frames, being they're so similar. The guys at Soild are cool kats and the sales at S&M I was really happy with. Those guys dug up an old discontinued frame for me and my boy. Cool in my book.
it the dropouts are in the mill i know they would take off
the tabs for you!

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
In the fact that they changed up their stock frame to your specs? I'm just curious...
no, stock GEO, some lightening and deletion or rear der stuff.
nothing too hard. i defiantly though about the molly and it was
my second choice. i like its integral headset better.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
no, stock GEO, some lightening and deletion or rear der stuff.
nothing too hard. i defiantly though about the molly and it was
my second choice. i like its integral headset better.
The fall guy has an integrated headset. Is that what you are talking about?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Damn, you didn't get too much ride time on your freshened up Yeti did you?

Did riding Guy's Tonic sway you to 24s?

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Damn, you didn't get too much ride time on your freshened up Yeti did you?

Did riding Guy's Tonic sway you to 24s?
no, i like the bike a lot but think my bb will be to low

with 24's or i would just keep it.

no, i didn't ride the wide bars. talked to guy a bit he was THE
most social of the bunch @ Woodward.

rec

Chimp
Oct 1, 2004
Central Va.
I have a Toy 4, which I think is very close to the DOB geometry. I am running 24's and lovem. I am an old school (80's) BMXer and just cant get used to the 20 inchers anymore. The 24 ride is perfect for me.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Brad understands why I'm not going the nemesis route.
:clapping: YUP ! woulnt sell you one even if you asked nicely :shocked:

(BTW: your S&M as made in Lousiana at the smae factory they make the Union street's at )

BTW: DOB's are great bikes but made with versus tube set's , not the best material out there but there tubes and the DOB guys make very nice frames out of them !!

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
your going to love it, ive been riding molosse #1 for 6 months now and no complaints, spins better then anything else that i have ever ridden

she looks alot different now but that was it when i first built it up last june

ive never ridden a 26" capable bike like this before, a sub 40" Wheel-base and a 15.25 chainstay with 26" wheels, just an amazing bike, aswell the quality of workmanship is outstanding

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
Just got the fork and wheels thrown on the Pinscher yesterday. I'm going to have to drop the fork to 75mm as the 26" front is jacking stuff up a little...oh well.

Should be OK for my slack MTBer ways....unless someone wants to trade a Pike+24" front wheel for a FreeAgent Devil 24?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
:clapping: YUP ! woulnt sell you one even if you asked nicely :shocked:

(BTW: your S&M as made in Lousiana at the smae factory they make the Union street's at )

BTW: DOB's are great bikes but made with versus tube set's , not the best material out there but there tubes and the DOB guys make very nice frames out of them !!
You're a square Brad, you do have skills in building frames I won't deny that but you are too arrogant for your own good. Too much smiling in faces and talking trash. Like bcd said all these frame builders produce similar frames so it comes down to how the co's are ran...

BTW I still have your sweet voice mail you left on my phone so I guess I'm still in hiding.?.?.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
You're a square Brad, you do have skills in building frames I won't deny that but you are too arrogant for your own good. Too much smiling in faces and talking trash. Like bcd said all these frame builders produce similar frames so it comes down to how the co's are ran...

BTW I still have your sweet voice mail you left on my phone so I guess I'm still in hiding.?.?.

Rich this sums up my feeling about you perfectly :plthumbsdown:

I have been building bikes and making my living of of it far longer than my competition honestly my company is called NEMESIS PROJECT for a reason .
Your not the first salty rider I have come across and probley wont be the last . Ask any of the people who have ridden one of my bikes and they will attest to their merit .
Trying to insult me on a public MTB fourm when you dont ride MTB and cant bunnyhop a standard 3in curb only make you look like more of a tool .

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I have been building bikes and making my living of of it far longer than my competition honestly my company is called NEMESIS PROJECT for a reason .
Arrogance

Your not the first salty rider I have come across and probley wont be the last . Ask any of the people who have ridden one of my bikes and they will attest to their merit ..
Arrogance

Trying to insult me on a public MTB fourm when you dont ride MTB and cant bunnyhop a standard 3in curb only make you look like more of a tool .
I wouldn't call what I said before an insult, more just stating the truth. The one thing that confuses me is why do you keep resorting to ragging on my skills. You did that before and doing it again. And for some reason it's always about how high I can bunnyhop? Why bunnyhopping, couldn't it be like tiretap to footjam tailwhip? Don't worry Brad this will be the last I comment on your and yours. If you'd like to continue this convo gimme a call.
BTW I did my first handrail Friday night in downtown Sac so I can go a tad more than 3inches.

Daman

Chimp
Nov 27, 2001
Calm down dude's...

All i have to say is.... Brad... Im not going to tread were people are talking about your frames or otters..to make "little remark and comments" about those frames...even if i totally could , (i wont get in to this on a forum because i do have some respect for any frame builder work).

Back to topic... Alex..your frame is in progress and should be ready this week.

Cheers!

Alain Lavoie
Dobermann Fab.
1620 ch. Pink #5,
Gatineau,Qc, Canada
J9J 3N6
T: 819 682 5948
F: 819 682 3300
http:www.dobermannbikes.com

sokoloka

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego / London
Ask any of the people who have ridden one of my bikes and they will attest to their merit
I'm willing to throw my hat in the ring for Brad any day as he's a stand up guy in my books.

The street frame market at the moment is comprised mainly of a grip of damn near identical stuff for the most part - so when it comes to innovation, and taking new concepts and making them a reality, we can all agree that Brad has just a little talent in that department.

I personally can't think of many companies where you can ring the owner/dude who's actually building your bike directly and chat with him about what you're looking for in your new bike - so if it comes down to how a company is being run; Nemesis has an edge on alot of other companies out there right now.

Brad's definately talented at what he does - and is always willing to do what he can to help a guy out; that's why I chose Nemesis the first time, and already fleshing out the dough to pick up another in the near future.

f0ggy

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
Ca
bikes are cool, nemesis, doberman, tonic, usb they all make kick ass bikes, props to the builders.

(just to put a lil bit of positive attitude in this thread)

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
DOB's are great bikes but made with versus tube set's , not the best material out there but there tubes and the DOB guys make very nice frames out of them !!
you get what you pay for though, the pincher is just plain guage true temper 4130 but its only 500 canadian

as where my molosse is made from versus HT, the strength of the material is unbelievable, and not only that but is has a well balanced feel, on of the reasons i dont like the OX tubing is because I find it to be TOO flexable, this is why i believe dobermann decided to go with the TT BMX tubing as it has the same strength as the OX but is stiff and has a better feel in my opinion.

not that im bashing nemesis in anyway, quite frankly if i would have had the 800us to put down on a frame i would have bought one, but i just didnt have that kind of a budget, but when i can get a dobermann custom done for me with about 50 emails between me and Alain as to what i wanted, and then a service that i have never seen before, i am glad i went with them, not to mention that it is THE best feeling HT ive ever ridden, and ive been on alot of different ones.