Quantcast

r/roast me

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
here's the new bicycle i use to ride on trails, crash in my backyard and such.

specs:
2016 giant trance 650b frame only - 26" wheels/tires/spokes
2016 pike rct3
wtb i25, revo spokes, hope pro II evo fr, i9 torch rr, butcher control fr, grid rr
hope tech x2 brakes w/180mm rotors and ebc red pads
x9 rr shifter
gx mid cage mech
sram pg1070 cassette, with oneup 42/16 cogs
x9 cranks (170mm) with oneup oval ring and kmc x10sl chain
sram gxp BB
ht ae01 pedals missing random pins
27.2 gravity dropper post with shim (1x3 drop) (10th year in use)
wtb silverado saddle
easton havoc 50mm stem
easton havoc 750mm crabon bars
odi tld grips
shimano bulk housing and cables

possible/upcoming changes:
aluminimum bar before died. wildrock'r 2 front after the butcher wears out. slaughter rear after the butcher wears out. may give another grip a shot after my current 2 sets of tld's are gone.

bonus:
old skool hydraulic line guide i had 'in the bin' from when i ran magura rim brakes on frames without hydro lines (pic 4). using it to route the dropper cable between the linkage and under the BB to avoid cable rub and into the frame along with the rear mech line.
and...(pic 5) is a p-clip screwed into an iscg tab to help route the rear mech line away from the chainring/chain.

album
http://imgur.com/a/WbK9M

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yup, that's a bike.

what's the travel on that old gravity dropper? i have a joplin 4 which is miraculously still functional, but when that gives up the ghost i'm gonna get something with more travel. kind of looking forward to it actually.

'size

Turbo Monkey
May 30, 2007
AZ
yup, that's a bike.

what's the travel on that old gravity dropper? i have a joplin 4 which is miraculously still functional, but when that gives up the ghost i'm gonna get something with more travel. kind of looking forward to it actually.
it's the original 1" x 3" drop model. i don't need 6" of drop to work my bike. 3" gets it out of the way and i can still use my thighs for control. plus if i do need to pedal with it down my knees aren't inches above my hips which drives me crazy. as it is my thighs are parallel with the ground at 3" dropped

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
it's the original 1" x 3" drop model. i don't need 6" of drop to work my bike. 3" gets it out of the way and i can still use my thighs for control. plus if i do need to pedal with it down my knees aren't inches above my hips which drives me crazy. as it is my thighs are parallel with the ground at 3" dropped
Are you 4' tall? I've got a 5" drop post on both my trail bikes, and my knees are still well below my hips at the top of the stroke with the seats slammed.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
What is this? 2005? People posting threads dedicated to their builds? Those were the days...(I was one of them)...
I see you have evolved. No bike glamor shots attached in your sig either ... just bleeding and dieing for carboner evils apparently :P

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I see you have evolved. No bike glamor shots attached in your sig either ... just bleeding and dieing for carboner evils apparently :P
Oh no, I haven't evolved...I still shoot every bike I build. The latest is pretty sweet. ;)

Wasn't making fun of him just saying we haven't seen one of these in a while!