Quantcast

rampage, dammit

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
So Semenuk and Zink got robbed.

Whether or not you think zink's run was winning material, 7 points behind the leader?

Guess they made it look too easy.

Also, real glad Bas managed to ride out the initial hit on that drop and didn't crash for a bit later, and also glad that he didn't die. That was quite scary.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Pretty rad comp!

I seem to remember similar comments the last time Sorge won. Props to him for figuring out what the judges want to see - twice.

The wind stop really sucked. Not sure Aggy's run would have changed much, but I was expecting Andreu to bust out more tricks in Run 2. Doesn't he pull double-flips on the reg?

In any case, I bet those guys don't hold anything back in Round 1 next year.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Red Bull should either start the competition earlier, pick a different time of the year or look for a different venue. It's been several years in a row with either wind delays or full stops. Plus what's the point on having two rounds if some of the guys play their cards in the first one and bail out of the second?

ronnyg801

Chimp
May 27, 2009
There are definitely GOOD times of the day in Zion that are generally more mellow, It seemed to me that they did start earlier than normal to combat this, I have been there numerous years waiting around for hours for wind to calm and it seems as though it does not happen there in the afternoon except for about 15 minutes at a time.

I am in Northern Utah and weather has been a bit off here this year, nothing nuts though.

I also don't think there is another place in the world like that area to take place of that event, not that there aren't other cool ones.

What I would like to see though is a few year rotation, it felt like Rampage was a little more special when it was only every few years. It would be good for the sport (whatever that really means) to give it exposure else where and it would also be great to see these riders explore other "big mountain" free ride terrain with just a little/ enough features built so it does not just become a slope style event.

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
So what we got from the 2015 rampagge:
1) A RUX just won rampage :brow:
2) The judge-tent was one massive bong shed.
3) Being by far the best ans smoothest rider out there and being sponsored by Red Bull does not get you the win.
4) Norby got engaged.
5) I am up at 4:45 am on a Saturday :doh:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
So what we got from the 2015 rampagge:
1) A RUX just won rampage :brow:
2) The judge-tent was one massive bong shed.
3) Being by far the best ans smoothest rider out there and being sponsored by Red Bull does not get you the win.
4) Norby got engaged.
5) I am up at 4:45 am on a Saturday :doh:
6) Super T has been hiding in the bong shed since 2003.

Last edited:

tabletop84

Monkey
Nov 12, 2011
There are definitely GOOD times of the day in Zion that are generally more mellow, It seemed to me that they did start earlier than normal to combat this, I have been there numerous years waiting around for hours for wind to calm and it seems as though it does not happen there in the afternoon except for about 15 minutes at a time.

I am in Northern Utah and weather has been a bit off here this year, nothing nuts though.

I also don't think there is another place in the world like that area to take place of that event, not that there aren't other cool ones.

What I would like to see though is a few year rotation, it felt like Rampage was a little more special when it was only every few years. It would be good for the sport (whatever that really means) to give it exposure else where and it would also be great to see these riders explore other "big mountain" free ride terrain with just a little/ enough features built so it does not just become a slope style event.
This!

What happened to Chatel Mountain Style? Why did they cancel it? I mean they have everything there: gnarly terrain, infrastructure and plenty of audience if you do it in july/august...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Any word on Paul Bas yet? Zink said in the most recent PB article that he couldn't feel his legs...

Cool pic here:

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Runs that stood out the most to me in no particular order, mostly based on how gnarly the drop/terrain selection, plus smoothness and tricks to some extent.

Agassiz
Genon
Zink
Rheeder
Bizet

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
remy metailler got robbed. He shouldn't have won but he stomped his run, got awesome speed and good lines and got 0.25 better than his first run. WTF judges.

I wonder how much the randumb scoring has to do with the Fest vs FMB drama that has happened. Am I right Reynolds is the only FMB guy invited to fest?

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
remy metailler got robbed. He shouldn't have won but he stomped his run, got awesome speed and good lines and got 0.25 better than his first run. WTF judges.

I wonder how much the randumb scoring has to do with the Fest vs FMB drama that has happened. Am I right Reynolds is the only FMB guy invited to fest?
semenuk has been to fest,so has rheeder.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Sounds like judges were Spengler, Bender and Simmons plus a "panel of professional snowboard judges". I wonder how that worked. Maybe the FR guys pre-scored the lines and the snowboard judges applied multiplier scores over them.

Looking at Agassiz's POV vids I can see why Agassiz's line would score so high, that landing on his big top drop is sketch as hell, land a little to the left and you're toast. I have no idea how they came up with Sorge's score though.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Someone at PB posted that Semenuk got "norbied" :rofl:, maybe Aggasiz did as well??
I do, however, believe that Bizet was well and truly Munsoned.

I think that has to be the best rampage I've ever seen- I think I'm the most sad for Paul Bas- such a killer comback run until his crash. Hopefully he's ok.

And Pierre Eduard Ferry?!? That guy has style to rival Brendog, so fun to watch ride.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
from MTBR about Paul Bas:

Actually yeah: he broke his back, and yesterday was in the middle of a 6 hour surgery. As of yesterday it was 50% whether or not he'd be able to walk again. I don't have further info from today post surgery.

Sending healing vibes, really hope he comes out okay.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
from MTBR about Paul Bas:

Actually yeah: he broke his back, and yesterday was in the middle of a 6 hour surgery. As of yesterday it was 50% whether or not he'd be able to walk again. I don't have further info from today post surgery.

Sending healing vibes, really hope he comes out okay.
Fuck. Just fuck. This is really bad news. Paul was killing it until his crash...

Sending healing vibes for him too.

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
update on paul

Broken back, 9 hour surgery w/ bone grafts, Some people said there was no nerve damage and he was starting to get feeling back but it looks like that may not be the case. i hope we can get an official update some time soon

Last edited:

Mo(n)arch

Turbo Monkey
Dec 27, 2010
Italy/south Tyrol
update on paul

Broken back, 9 hour surgery w/ bone grafts, He's starting to get feeling in his legs again and should recover in time. No nerve damage.
Thank god, wehere is this update from?
I just read a message on Zink's IG account, that didn't sound that positive.

All in all Zink seemes really over it. #fuckrampage was his tag below the message.

Fingers crossed for Paul Bas. Get on your feet again!

csermonet

Monkey
Mar 5, 2010
Thank god, wehere is this update from?
I just read a message on Zink's IG account, that didn't sound that positive.

All in all Zink seemes really over it. #fuckrampage was his tag below the message.

Fingers crossed for Paul Bas. Get on your feet again!

i was just regurgitating what was being posted in the forums on MTBR because i could not find any updates elsewhere. i just now saw cams ig post, really heartbreaking. i guess we just have to wait and see whats really going on.