Quantcast

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So having worked at Walmart for a few months before no showing and quitting, this would be fucked.

Walmart, at least here in Canaderp, doesn't put shit on pallets and then load the truck. Every single box of shit is hand loaded and tetris'd in there. Unloading them sucked, as shit would start falling on one another and begin to form giant blocks of bullshit. I got suckered into doing it a few times, before I learned to stay clear of the warehouse at all hours.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So having worked at Walmart for a few months before no showing and quitting, this would be fucked.

Walmart, at least here in Canaderp, doesn't put shit on pallets and then load the truck. Every single box of shit is hand loaded and tetris'd in there. Unloading them sucked, as shit would start falling on one another and begin to form giant blocks of bullshit. I got suckered into doing it a few times, before I learned to stay clear of the warehouse at all hours.
After the Navy I worked at Target unloading trucks at 3am. I liked not being around people, but it totally sucked.

I moved to Portland and my first job here was RPS doing the same thing from 3--8am for more than double the pay. Still sucked.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Looks expensive.
Nah it's just a compressor, the little poppet valve to limit tank pressure was sticking open.
It all seemed to be in tact so I'm not sure where this little ball or whatever has come from, it does get its air intake from the engine's intake, maybe there's ball bearings for the shutdown butterfly.....? I wouldn't think so.

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
$3k for a ti frame almost doesn't seen ridiculous. Assume they are not made here though.

Barely rode any road this year. Totally lost interest. Every once and a while I look at my road bike hanging on the wall and give it the finger.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
$3k for a ti frame almost doesn't seen ridiculous. Assume they are not made here though.

Barely rode any road this year. Totally lost interest. Every once and a while I look at my road bike hanging on the wall and give it the finger.
That also includes a $575 Enve fork too. For Murican made frame it would cost at least double. It's cheaper than pretty much any new carbon frame and given they're pretty much all also made in Gyna/Taiwan not much difference there.

Think of the road riding difference about the same as comparing Cunningham to here :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Thanks for the washers @scrublover
I finally got some replacement bolts through from Fastenal, they're identical to the oem ones.
20231129_112939.jpg

Wife's fat bike will be fully operational again.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Why not get stainless steel bolts?
He's in Colorado. Having lived their a fair bit before my current location, meh.

The corrosion issues are on a different scale. Assuming you don't leave your bike out.

My Wozo bolts were replaced with ti (already had some from a prior use that fit) and the stock ones ended up replaced parts on my hitch mount bike rack. These are just the spare washers I for some reason had kicking about.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
He's in Colorado. Having lived their a fair bit before my current location, meh.

The corrosion issues are on a different scale. Assuming you don't leave your bike out.

My Wozo bolts were replaced with ti (already had some from a prior use that fit) and the stock ones ended up replaced parts on my hitch mount bike rack. These are just the spare washers I for some reason had kicking about.
At 77c each I picked up spares, so I've got some extra bolts now if you need a couple :p

Last edited:

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
given they're pretty much all also made in Gyna/Taiwan not much difference there.

Think of the road riding difference about the same as comparing Cunningham to here :D
Really? I've always found with Taiwanese stuff that their minimum standard is still somewhat decent.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Really? I've always found with Taiwanese stuff that their minimum standard is still somewhat decent.
I meant more that most carbon is manufactured there too. Quality can be shit no matter where something is made.

You probably see that more than any of us on a daily basis.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
However, most people can't decipher where their next connection/gate is now, imagine if everyone were baked out of their gourds?
But there would likely be far less air-rage, so...ok.
We have boy scouts lead folks to the appropriate gate. Win/win