Quantcast

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
It's tough for me because I am sort of a traditionalist. Front engine, rear drive, manual trans, but everything is going to paddle shifter autos and the one thing they claim holds the Vette back from killing the exotics is the engine placement. But this is a formal transition from "sports car" to "super car" level.

For a "sports car" it is still front engine, rear drive, manual trans in my book.

Those wheels are a fucking travesty.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Those wheels are a fucking travesty.
It looks like it might just rub a bit, too. I just love the lines of the 2000GT.

In my long list of "some day" projects, I will cut up a rusting 260/280 Z and do the GTO kit.

Only I would use the correct Dayton wire wheels.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
To be fair, engine out procedures here are mostly "point any direction except west" and land anywhere, because the rest of it is all Kansas flat.

When I lived in Cincinnati a pilot figured he wasn't going to make it to the airport and landed on a highway a few hundred yards up the road from me. He didn't think he was going to make it because he was out of gas. But he wasn't out of gas, and his engine was still running. That point wasn't lost on a family in a minivan who gave their lives to answer the question "will it blend".

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Haven't pinned down the days yet. I will be there 301 hours @ 5/6 hours a day @ 6 days a week. I will stay at the Holiday Inn Express right by the airport as it comes with the classes.
Not the Radisson? You could eat at Solo's, one of the most over rated places in town!

Bring a bike.

Edit: Be aware, the City is a buzzkill and recreational bongshed purchases are not allowed within city limits. You'll need to be able to drive to Manitou Springs, about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Not the Radisson? You could eat at Solo's, one of the most over rated places in town!

Bring a bike.

Edit: Be aware, the City is a buzzkill and recreational bongshed purchases are not allowed within city limits. You'll need to be able to drive to Manitou Springs, about a 10 minute drive from the airport.

I won't be coming there for fun... Food maybe, but the Bong Shed won't be available to me during my trip... It may also be cheaper for me to attend at Nashua NH, Norfolk VA, or Houston TX. If classes that I need are available there I would take advantage of that. I need a Electronic Instrument training to fly the plane available to me. I do not have the hours necessary to qualify currently. However I am intrigued by the Mountain Air Turbulence training offered in Colorado. Short takeoff and landing also.... I would be there for 3 weeks in June and 3 weeks in August if I chose Colorado. Need to free up some cash.... Everyone tells me that Colorado is the way to go. We'll see....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
There is nothing amazing about wire wheels
To me it is about a certain look. My wife laughs because I keep telling her once I build my Impala, it will have 3 sets of wheels. 1 set of stock with hubcaps, 1 set of wires, 1 set of performance. 1 for show, 1 for cruising, and 1 for track. It makes perfect sense. :rofl: